shape
carat
color
clarity

Enquiring after banned PS’ers or those on a little PS break

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am of the opinion that repeated comments or questions about a ‘missed’ Pricescope member are counter productive to the forum once it has been made public that the person in question is on an enforced hiatus. I wonder if such comments don't sometimes present as a challenge to management to reinstate the member.

So my suggestion is that such requests be disallowed in the public forum once it has been made known that the person has been banned for a little while or permanently.

If possible I suggest that on clicking on the PS'ers avatar a message be displayed on their details page to say if they are banned or on an enforced PS break. If such a message is present then that PS'ers absence or return should not be discussed on the forum.

After all, such comments are really grievances, aren't they?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: Enquiring after banned PS’ers or those on a little PS br

Steal|1289599640|2763763 said:
I am of the opinion that repeated comments or questions about a ‘missed’ Pricescope member are counter productive to the forum once it has been made public that the person in question is on an enforced hiatus. I wonder if such comments don't sometimes present as a challenge to management to reinstate the member.

So my suggestion is that such requests be disallowed in the public forum once it has been made known that the person has been banned for a little while or permanently.

If possible I suggest that on clicking on the PS'ers avatar a message be displayed on their details page to say if they are banned or on an enforced PS break. If such a message is present then that PS'ers absence or return should not be discussed on the forum.

After all, such comments are really grievances, aren't they?

We are considering using the signature area to show such future status.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with Steal--seems counter productive to me to have members asking constantly about "whatever happened to so-and-so" if that member in question has been banned or placed on temporary leave. Myself having been in the latter position once, found it more difficult to deal with questions offline and see ( since I was still able to lurk) anyone questioning my absence. I would've been all about having some sort of "banned" function such as a hover over my avatar letting people know that I was on enforced hiatus, and it seems like it would be simpler for all parties involved? Thanks Andrey for considering this option.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin|1292047269|2794060 said:
We are considering using the signature area to show such future status.

That would be great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results