shape
carat
color
clarity

Have I Gone ABSOLUTELY BATTY? [:rodent:]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
honestly i'm not even kidding, for those who haven't been to one it is family-vacation-worthy. the new one they opened up in pittsford, which is a suburb of rochester, is like wally world. aside from the food shopping area, which is enormous and all hard wood floors with hanging plants, the store literally contains:

1) a separate photomat
2) a VERY nice sit-down restaurant
3) a cafe area separate from the restaurant with stations that make any kind takeout you could imagine (chinese, pizza, sandwiches, sushi, whatever)
4) a pet salon
5) did you notice that i just said a PET SALON?
6) an entire video store
7) a coffee shop
8) a greeting card and gift section that's nicer than your local hallmark
9) a SHUTTLE SYSTEM in the parking lot (which is huge) to take you to your car with your groceries

compare that to my local gristedes, where i don rubber gloves before even touching those grimy hand baskets (which are always crusted in meat juice and somebody's old tissues) and the produce selection (which basically consists of three rotten tomatoes and a green peach) is swarming with fruit flies. ICK. actually, one night a few months ago i was watching the news and the grocery store that i used to patronize was FEATURED on an undercover special report about the dirtiest grocery stores in the 5 boroughs; my store was "miss manhattan". i haven't eaten since.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
Reena, I hear ya sista! I am FED UP with the grocery stores here in NYC. For the most part they are either disgusting or too expensive (Whole Foods, D'Agostino). I remember the good old days when we lived in San Francisco, and we would drive to the local supermarket and just stock up on the freshest, most amazing produce. It was pure heaven. Now I have to go to three different stores to find everything I need. It's insane! Plus in this city (and since I'm poor - recent MSW grad) I walk everywhere or take the bus. Try that with armloads of groceries! It stinks...frankly, I'm jealous that you're leaving to move to CA. It's going to be such an improvement in terms of these day-to-day things! Sorry for the rant
2.gif
but can a girl just get a decent piece of fruit in this place?

Wegman's sounds like a dream come true
rolleyes.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
tell me about it! i have pretty much stopped eating fruit and vegetables. it's just one of many, many things that stink about this city that people who don't live here don't realize.

of course, there are one or two nice stores--like fairway for example--but they get so unbelievably crowded on the weekend that i'd rather stab my eyeballs out with my own toenails than venture in there.
14.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
They do have wegmans in buffalo. There are even a couple really enormous ones.. (they are about 30-35 mins from my house though, so I don't go there often, just for fun)..I don't think they have a pet salon though, and they definitely do not have a parking lot shuttle. I'll have to check the one in pittsford out. My b/f went to St. John Fisher when we first were dating.. he only took me to the crappy wegmans that was like.. in the opposite direction as pittsford.. don't know what town... but it was REALLY old.. I had heard rumours about the good wegmans, but was never taken there, and never realized it was THAT nice. I DID get to go to the super-walmart in Chili though.. lol..
Melissa

reena

Ideal_Rock
lol, and only a very few of us know that that's pronounced "chy-lye" and not "chili" like the food

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results