shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a diamond under the gun -- did I do ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

synth19

Rough_Rock
I agree with these guys, make sure the angles are great and it is truly an IDEAL stone. After you propose, you stil will have about 20 days or so to retrun it. Tell your GF you need the ring for appraisal/insurance etc... she will understand. If the numbers look subpar, then return it. no biggie.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
The problem is that tension settings are generally custom fit to a particular stone. I'd check with G&A to see if changing out a stone would be a problem, if you think it might be necessary...

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
IMHO, your price reflects rarity rather than beauty

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ed...diamond-eye-catching-or-beautiful-t15002.html

Cut is generally agreed to increase beauty while color (D-H) is about personal preference and budget.

BN would sell you a 1.6c Ideal G VS2 for the same amount.

Why not propose with a simple solitaire setting? You can then discuss whether to get a different size and then the right setting.

i_am_james

Rough_Rock
>>IMHO, your price reflects rarity rather than beauty

Isn't rarity a good thing?
1.gif

I thought about this on the ride home from work today -- what's done is done. I really just don't care if I spent too much at this point -- she'll have an incredible diamond and I'll get to give it to her in an incredible place... I couldn't ask for more. Hopefully, she'll be able to say the same!

Todd07

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 9/24/2004 9:25:41 PM i_am_james wrote:

-- she'll have an incredible diamond and I'll get to give it to her in an incredible place... I couldn't ask for more
----------------
appl.gif
appl.gif
Well put, buena suerte
appl.gif
appl.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
James,

I wish you the best. She is a very lucky gal. She will be very happy with what you've picked out for her. When you come back, be sure to post your experience in Hawaii on here...

Aloooooha!!
2.gif

"Love is in the air... "

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results