shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to attend the funeral of my baby brother's girlfriend's sister. I've only met the sister a few times, but I feel pretty close to his girlfriend, even though they're still pretty new as a couple. She was 30, and died in a car accident earlier this week.I'm so proud of all of our friends though, and especially of my baby brother. He's been at her side since they found out, and he's been so supportive and generous, even though that's not his typical personality. I really wish that there was more we could do for the family. Like, if enough of us got together, and if we just tried hard enough... Maybe we could right the world again for them. I can't help but put myself in their shoes, and think about how I'd feel if I lost my brother. It would just break my heart. Today was the first day I've ever seen my brother (as a grown man) cry.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
gold fish are dirty gross fish

iLander

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1291432094|2786954 said:
I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. I have to attend the funeral of my baby brother's girlfriend's sister. I've only met the sister a few times, but I feel pretty close to his girlfriend, even though they're still pretty new as a couple. She was 30, and died in a car accident earlier this week.I'm so proud of all of our friends though, and especially of my baby brother. He's been at her side since they found out, and he's been so supportive and generous, even though that's not his typical personality. I really wish that there was more we could do for the family. Like, if enough of us got together, and if we just tried hard enough... Maybe we could right the world again for them. I can't help but put myself in their shoes, and think about how I'd feel if I lost my brother. It would just break my heart. Today was the first day I've ever seen my brother (as a grown man) cry.

I'm so sorry. . . :(sad The parents must be especially heart broken. . . to lose a child is a horror, every day for the rest of your life ::)

Please hug and try to comfort them. I will send out good vibes as best as I can . . . :blackeye:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1291430089|2786918 said:
I lost my keys.. GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate losing important things! Sigh...I guess it's a little less annoying than losing a wallet or a phone. Still, I'm still kind of hoping they turn up at work.
I JUST FOUND MY KEYS!!!! Guess where they were? INSIDE the rubber stuff around the opening of my front loading machine. They've been there for, like, SIX MONTHS. With three loads a week maybe since then? And the boop boop still opens my car! CRAZY!

Good luck finding yours -- check the washer!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1291405971|2786524 said:
They suggested I work from home indefinitely since my dog is so sick (which is true) and now I feel bad about lying and really bad that they're working with me to create a solution.

NEL, How is Byron?

Deb
:read:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks iLander. I'm back home, and our circle of friends is just amazing. The outpouring of support has been just immense. It warms my heart to see so many people just drop everything to do what needs to be done. I just wish that our families could have met under better circumstances.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1291487803|2787333 said:
They suggested I work from home indefinitely since my dog is so sick (which is true) and now I feel bad about lying and really bad that they're working with me to create a solution.

NEL, How is Byron?

Deb

Aw, thanks for asking. I've been thinking of posting an update, but there really isn't much of an update.

He's doing okay--our current neurologist has no clue what may have caused the inflammation in his spinal cord. His bloodwork is fine, his spinal cord fluid titers all came back negative for anything that could be the source of the issue and obviously his MRI revealed nothing. So. We started chemo in order to aggressively decrease the inflammation and he did respond well to the first round. He is able to walk on his own now, though he still needs help up. He's still on a high steroid dose, so he's peeing every 2 - 3 hours.

We just did a second round of chemo last weekend in hopes that it would continue to improve his condition, but we've seen no change. Our neurologist is suggesting 8 - 10 more months of chemo, but since we have no clue what the source is and since this last round has not produced positive results, we're thinking of getting a second opinion. I feel like our current neurologist is giving us a very generic treatment plan with no real interest in finding the source of the issue and I would like to at least find a neurologist who has more desire to find out the underlying problem.

How about you? Is your daughter still hoping for a newfie or are you still deciding?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1291326592|2785481 said:
So I'm totally a California girl and we don't really get bad weather here, so my winter and cold-weather wardrobe is basically nonexistant.

In just over 2 weeks, I'll be traveling with BF to visit his family for some pre-Christmas stuff in Washington state, and it's going to be so freaking cold (by my standards, at least). BF acknowledges this, and says I should prepare for snow.

It's looking like I need to go shopping for some warm clothes, and nice winter jacket, and some boots. I think I can figure out the clothes and jacket for myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for boots that'll work. I need something warm and comfy that can withstand rain/snow, but at the same time they need to be really cute. I just don't even know where to begin because I've never had to shop for this type of shoe before. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

It is rainy and in the 40s/50s right now. Looks like it is supposed to stay that for the next 15 days -- typical rainy, damp, foggy, Washington weather. Oh.... and temps in the 30s (and even 40s/50s) can feel REALLY cold because the d*** rain/dampness just gets through everything so you get cold fast and never warm up.

What part of Washington are you headed to? (I'm in the Bellevue/Issaquah area -- near Seattle)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient|1291678354|2789236 said:
It is rainy and in the 40s/50s right now. Looks like it is supposed to stay that for the next 15 days -- typical rainy, damp, foggy, Washington weather. Oh.... and temps in the 30s (and even 40s/50s) can feel REALLY cold because the d*** rain/dampness just gets through everything so you get cold fast and never warm up.

What part of Washington are you headed to? (I'm in the Bellevue/Issaquah area -- near Seattle)

Thanks for the update!

BF's family is in Olympia, so we'll be there for a couple days. Then he said we're going on an overnight surprise trip somewhere, but he won't tell me where or give me any clues. We'll also spend a day or two in Seattle, then back to Olympia.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1291505960|2787462 said:
AGBF|1291487803|2787333 said:

NEL, How is Byron?

Deb

Aw, thanks for asking. I've been thinking of posting an update, but there really isn't much of an update.

He's doing okay--our current neurologist has no clue what may have caused the inflammation in his spinal cord. His bloodwork is fine, his spinal cord fluid titers all came back negative for anything that could be the source of the issue and obviously his MRI revealed nothing. So. We started chemo in order to aggressively decrease the inflammation and he did respond well to the first round. He is able to walk on his own now, though he still needs help up. He's still on a high steroid dose, so he's peeing every 2 - 3 hours.

We just did a second round of chemo last weekend in hopes that it would continue to improve his condition, but we've seen no change. Our neurologist is suggesting 8 - 10 more months of chemo, but since we have no clue what the source is and since this last round has not produced positive results, we're thinking of getting a second opinion. I feel like our current neurologist is giving us a very generic treatment plan with no real interest in finding the source of the issue and I would like to at least find a neurologist who has more desire to find out the underlying problem.

How about you? Is your daughter still hoping for a newfie or are you still deciding?

NEL - I'm guessing Byron's neuro is in Boston? (I seem to recall you're in Mass, but not sure what area of the state.) Anyway, I brought one of my dogs to see Dr. Sisson at Angell in Boston. Have you heard of him? I had a lot of confidence in him. He did such a thorough physical examination of my dog, I can't even describe it. It was very overwhelming. He was always available via phone/e-mail, which helped me so much, because it was such a scary and uncertain time. I wish you and Mr. Byron much luck. I hope his next treatment renews your confidence in his recovery.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Update: my wisdom tooth surgery went very smoothly. I didn't swell or bruise at all, and it was a lot easier than I had ever imagined. Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Now I can move onto more exciting things ... like getting the keys to our new house this friday and picking out paint colours with my Feng Shui consultant tonight, woop woop!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1291682167|2789322 said:
TooPatient|1291678354|2789236 said:

Thanks for the update!

BF's family is in Olympia, so we'll be there for a couple days. Then he said we're going on an overnight surprise trip somewhere, but he won't tell me where or give me any clues. We'll also spend a day or two in Seattle, then back to Olympia.

Eeek. Well, the surprise trip will probably be on this side of the mountains too. Lots of great places to go.... hmmmm... but then again there is a WONDERFUL little place just over the mountains that is AMAZING this time of year....

You should ask him to at least tell you if your surprise trip is on the west side of the mountains (same as Seattle) or the east side. There is a BIG difference in the weather. Seattle (and most of the west side) is really wet and drops down to freezing overnight (not much this last few days) but doesn't really have much snow (and isn't likely to in the next few weeks). The eastern side of the mountains (and the passes) gets a lot more snow and can have a foot (or more) when we just have rain.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient|1291741268|2789932 said:
Eeek. Well, the surprise trip will probably be on this side of the mountains too. Lots of great places to go.... hmmmm... but then again there is a WONDERFUL little place just over the mountains that is AMAZING this time of year....

You should ask him to at least tell you if your surprise trip is on the west side of the mountains (same as Seattle) or the east side. There is a BIG difference in the weather. Seattle (and most of the west side) is really wet and drops down to freezing overnight (not much this last few days) but doesn't really have much snow (and isn't likely to in the next few weeks). The eastern side of the mountains (and the passes) gets a lot more snow and can have a foot (or more) when we just have rain.

Haha, there's no way he's going to tell me any more than he already has. He told me he's relishing this because apparently, I always tell him I have a surprise for him and then won't tell him what it is, so this is his "revenge." All he was willing to tell me is that it's an overnight trip, and that he'd tell me what I need to wear. I asked if I needed to pack anything in particular and he said no, the things I had planned on originally packing would be fine.

Boys. :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1291743193|2789956 said:
TooPatient|1291741268|2789932 said:

Haha, there's no way he's going to tell me any more than he already has. He told me he's relishing this because apparently, I always tell him I have a surprise for him and then won't tell him what it is, so this is his "revenge." All he was willing to tell me is that it's an overnight trip, and that he'd tell me what I need to wear. I asked if I needed to pack anything in particular and he said no, the things I had planned on originally packing would be fine.

Boys. :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Exciting!

There are so many wonderful places to visit around here. I can't wait to hear where you wind up!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient|1291744164|2789969 said:
Exciting!

There are so many wonderful places to visit around here. I can't wait to hear where you wind up!

I'll definitely let you know where we go! I know for a fact that we're going to a show in Seattle on Saturday night, and he said our overnight thing is planned for Saturday/Sunday, so it really can't be too far from Seattle. And really, I have a suspicion that it might just be an overnight trip in Seattle itself, which of course I think would also be super fun. I dunno, though, that doesn't seem like it would be much of a "surprise," given that we already had plans in Seattle on Saturday night. Who knows, but I sure am looking forward to it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1291744424|2789977 said:
TooPatient|1291744164|2789969 said:
Exciting!

I'll definitely let you know where we go! I know for a fact that we're going to a show in Seattle on Saturday night, and he said our overnight thing is planned for Saturday/Sunday, so it really can't be too far from Seattle. And really, I have a suspicion that it might just be an overnight trip in Seattle itself, which of course I think would also be super fun. I dunno, though, that doesn't seem like it would be much of a "surprise," given that we already had plans in Seattle on Saturday night. Who knows, but I sure am looking forward to it!

Lots of great places in Seattle. (hmm... maybe on the waterfront?)
Bellevue is close too (20 min or so) and there are some nice hotels and pretty downtown area.

Longer drives:
ski lodge on the mountain pass (1 to 1 /2 hours)
Leavenworth (2 1/2 to 3 hours)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
T-minus 22 days.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have good news:.......Drumroll........Hell has frozen over....

DH and I are going to book a holiday and he has agreed to go to
New York!!!

I will have to go and sit down. More to follow as we look at options.

:)) <----------one much happier camper

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1291746711|2790008 said:
T-minus 22 days.

T-minus 9 days. And some of my gifts haven't arrived yet. Yikes! Stress stress stress stress stress...

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1291753755|2790112 said:
I have good news:.......Drumroll........Hell has frozen over....

DH and I are going to book a holiday and he has agreed to go to
New York!!!

I will have to go and sit down. More to follow as we look at options.

:)) <----------one much happier camper

I can not belive that you are coming to my city :appl: :appl: :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
22 in FL tonight. :shock:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Half of the people I was supposed to see tonight are bailing. Boooooooo.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princesss -- I hope you have fun tonight (even if certain people are bailing on you).

DF -- I'm sorry things are rough for you right now!

Steal -- I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time in New York. :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Zoe - Thank you, you are a total sweetheart.

Princess - I'm sorry, that's never fun.

I'll be spending my cold night studying, rolling pennies, and going through to find clothes to sell.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did facetime on the iphone4 with my brother, who lives across the country. Very very very cool. Like the Jetsons.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
If you're playing the number game on FB, I'm deleting you. Don't be offended.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I still find the concept of being married totally weird, but GOD I love my husband! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
trillionaire|1291776369|2790464 said:
I still find the concept of being married totally weird, but GOD I love my husband! :love:

I just went to see your wedding pics! Gorgeous couple!!! Many congrats!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Skippy123|1291778325|2790487 said:
trillionaire|1291776369|2790464 said:

I just went to see your wedding pics! Gorgeous couple!!! Many congrats!

Thank you Skippy! :wavey:

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1291774114|2790442 said:
If you're playing the number game on FB, I'm deleting you. Don't be offended.

THIS!!!! :angryfire:

Stupid, stupid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results