shape
carat
color
clarity

best jewelry cleaner

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

Besides taking them to the jeweler, how does everyone clean their jewelry? Diamonds, white gold, gold, platinum, pave, etc. I have been soaking mine with clear hand soap and warm water, brush them gently, then rinsed in warm water = it seem to work. Anyone uses ultrasonic cleaner? Which brand?

Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Gem Oro ultrasonic but my absolute favorite is Mr. Clean and hot water. (guess I'm a slave to do it yourself labor!) I have a very soft baby toothbrush that I use to get all around the stones, rinse in hot water and nothing but sparkle!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
One part lemon Mr. Clean.
One part lemon Palmolive dish soap.
Four parts hot water.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I have one of these, and I love it:

http://www.amazon.com/JEWEL-JET-100-JEWELRY-SHIPPING/dp/B001NW2MWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1291765698&sr=8-1

The steamer brings back the little rainbows that your diamonds had when they were new! I tried ultrasonics, and they didn't actually do anything.

I also use straight windex and a baby toothbrush, when I'm not in the mood for steaming. Spray it straight on there, use the brush, rinse in running water, dry it.

The key with all jewelry cleaning is the DRYING. I use Qtips and super absorbent paper towels to get every little nook and cranny, so no water spots.

BUT do not use anything but mild soap and water on pearls, emeralds and tanzanites, you'll damage them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results