shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to the Chapel........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
.....and we''re going to get married (twice)!!!!!!!!!!! Well, my suspicions were correct. My love proposed last Friday night. We went to NYC for the week-end as we have friends that live in the city & north of the city in Rye.

Sorry this is going to be long as it''s somewhat a comedy of errors. LOL.

We tried booking a hotel at the beginning of last week and there was nothing left except for four stars and above. I made a remark about how lovely the Waldorf Astoria would be. He then said why don''t we stay there. I remarked that it''s a bit more than we should sensibly spend. He said it''s only one night, why not? (This tipped it off as he''s typically very frugal..in a good way). Well later in the evening he decided that he would make the booking on his own and shooed me out of the room. Afterwards I inquired where we were staying. He said the Waldorf didn''t have rooms available so we are staying at the Intercontinental. I''m a bit bummed as I really liked the idea of the Waldorf, but great, the Intercontinental will be lovely as well. So, the hotel is booked.

I knew when the appraiser was done with the ring however I didn''t know when Fiance was picking up. I suspected Wednesday as he gave me some mumbo jumbo about having to stay late to run a few tests. What I didn''t know is that he picked up the ring that afternoon and then went to my parents''s home that evening to ask for their blessing. I''m told after the fact by my mom that my fiance (K) told them I am the woman for him, the love of his life, that I did all of the homework on the ring including picking out the center diamond and setting. He thought it was beautiful (although he will grudgingly tell me this...hehe). My parents gave him their blessing and welcomed him. Again, this all took place last Wednesday night.

Thursday afternoon I was advised that our department was restructuring and that I could either go back to consulting (traveling 80% of the time) or I could be laid off. Either way I had to make a decision right then & there. Well, with two weddings coming up I thought it best to go back to consulting temporarily. However, I started to get sick over the idea of traveling all the time, what we were going to do with our two dogs and how I was possibly going to plan two weddings while on the road all the time. Needless to say Thursday night I had some soul searching to do. (Talk about putting a damper on things).

K picked me up Friday afternoon & we took off for the airport. Flight was smooth and we landed in NYC around 7:30pm. We qued for the taxi. Finally got one and I jumped in while K (that''s the fiance ....still can''t get used to calling him that) helped load up the bags & told the cabbie where to go. K was trying to be sneaky about it so that we would just magically appear at the hotel. However, on the way there the cabbie asked where the Waldorf was. hehehe. Later found out that K was going to wring the cabbie''s neck. K didn''t know as the paperwork was in the trunk. So we had to call the Waldorf to find out the exact location. We get the location, K tells me that after he heard the work news he thought about going back and changing the reservation however, that the Park Place Intercontinental will be nice & it''s right next to the Waldorf. The cabbie missed the turn onto Park Avenue, I asked why he didn''t take the turn & he said he thought he would take Madison. (There went his tip...lol). We pulled up to the Waldorf & I asked K why we don''t just have the cabbie drop us off at the hotel as it''s raining out. K just said get out of the cab & grab your bags. hehehe. So we checked in and went to our room to get freshen up for dinner. We later found out that the Waldorf is part of the Hilton group where K has a high customer status from all his travels. They upgraded us to their towers. Our room was on the 40th floor (only 42 floors). The view was spectacular at night. We got ready, then caught a cab to dinner. K tells the cabbie to go to 16th between Park & Lexington. Well, immediatly I knew we were going to Candella. We had been there two years ago when I was working on a project in the city. LOL....I think K thought the cabbies were out to sabotage him for the evening. hehe. He denied that we were going there...that we were "going to a place right next to it". LOL...I''ve heard that before. Ok dear, whatever you say. Well, it turns out it was Candella. For those of you that aren''t from NYC, it was voted as NYC''s most romantic restaurant three years in a row.

We had a lovely dinner, the service was perfect, the food was delicious, the conversation very sweet. We were going to go one of two jazz places (either Blue Note or Zinc) but it was late & we were both tired. We decided to go back to the hotel, have a drink at one of the bars and then go to our room. We had a drink & then headed to our room. We decided to admire the view. He was asking me how much I loved him, so I told him. He then was waiting for me to ask him how much he loves me. Well, right on que I asked him. LOL...he knows me well. I turned around to look at him and he was just starting to pull out the ring box. As he pulled it out he said he loved me "this much" gesturing towards the ring. He then asked me to marry him. I said yes!!! Then I said "Holy cow, look at that sucker! It''s huge"! LOL. Later on, jokingly he tried using that against me by telling my friends I called him a sucker! LOL. Yes, he''s a pistol!

He later told me that he was waiting for the right moment to ask. He didn''t want to do it when anyone else was around as he wanted it to be just the two of us.....awwwwwwww. I love this man!

We enjoyed the rest of the week-end at the beach, celebrating with dear friends. LOL...shrinkage has already set in. LOL....I couldn''t help but notice the different areas where the ring seemed on fire..LOL. The hallway lights in the Waldorf (which I went out into after he fell asleep as I couldn''t sleep.....left hand straight out in front of me...LOL), church lights, grocery store lights, Home Depot lights, sunlight. LOL....the ring was on fire!

That''s it. Given the events of the week-end, we discussed my work situation & decided that it was better to be laid off. Thankfully Monday work accepted that & it was my last day. In the meantime, I am going to study to get my GG certification, plan the weddings & do a little home improvement around the house. I am very thankful that he is understanding & supportive.

I will try to post hand pictures by the end of the day tomorrow. Truly pictures don''t do the ring justice! Hats off to Denise, Leon and the rest of the gang at Whiteflash! I still can''t get over how beautiful the ring is & how detailed the craftsmanship of the ring is. It''s beyond my wildest imagination! Thank you WF!!!! (Will post a formal letter once I get hand shots).

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story and a wonderful proposal!! Congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see the rock (er...I mean ring!
31.gif
)..

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - congrats!

Pics as soon as you can.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pics? Did someone say pics? That is all I want to see! PICS!

OH! Congrats.
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful proposal...I think NYC is the most romantic city in the world, and I love how cute K was with all his maneuvering!!

Congrats!! Now can''t wait to see PICTURES!!
9.gif
9.gif
10.gif
10.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful proposal, and I can''t wait to see pics of the ring!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Nooners! I''m so happy for you! Congratulations!!! I knew he wouldn''t keep you waiting for long. Also I think you made the right decision to take some time off, especially with all the wedding planning you''ll be glad you did. The good thing is that you already have your dress and that is one of the most important things. Now show us the pictures!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats noonersmom!!
36.gif
i''m so glad you didn''t have to wait long for that wonderful proposal!
now don''t make us wait any longer to see that ring!!!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
NoonersMom, I hope you don''t mind.....I''m just getting so antsy to see the PRECIOUSSSSSS that I needed to give myself a preview of coming attractions:

NMFinishedRingReshoot123.jpg

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a wonderfully romantic evening! Congratulations!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ah Nooners, I am so excited for you!!! Really wonderful proposal story. And I love Candella. One of my GFs had her bachelorette dinner there and it was really gorgeous. Great food and bar too!

Can''t wait to see the hand pics!!!

You get to get married twice! I''m jealous!! :)

36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY #%^$*#&$ that''s gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Nooners, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! It really feels good to finally be offical, doesn''t it? I absolutely can''t wait to see hand shots!!!!

Best wishes for a super life together!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am very happy for you. What a great proposal story. I think it''s great you''re going to get your GG degree. Best wishes to you both!!!
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh What a sweet story...and the lesson here is: cabbies are evil take a town car. Congrats NM!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aw, super cute Nooner! I was hoping that he wouldn''t make you wait too long
1.gif

CONGRATS, best wishes, and i can''t wait to see hand shots
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring looks beautiful!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
You can come home and tell poor little Nooner he's not illegitimate anymore!!! j/k
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pictures?

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
congrats nooners!!!!
36.gif
great story and proposal, but what is up with teasing us with no hand pics??? get to it woman
9.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a great weekend!!
36.gif

Your ring is gorgeous! Can''t wait for the hand shots
10.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a wonderful, romantic proposal! Now I can''t wait to see that stunning ring on yoru finger...
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooners, where are you??? We can''t wait to see those pics
9.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

wooo-hoooo hoorah !!! so THRILLED for you. that proposal is the cutest !!! I''m so happy !!!!

definitely want to see your ring so get posting pics !!

*bighappyhugstoyou*
C

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yes, where are the pics?
31.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a cute proposal story! I can''t WAIT to see hand pics of that firey beauty!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
c''mon Nooner.. you KNOW you''re killing us with the lack of pics. what''s more important, celebrating with your hubby to be or PICTURES for the LIW?!?! where are your priorities?
3.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Icekid said
2.gif
Paging NoonersMom, come in NoonersMom!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! I am sorry for the delay. Things have been a bit crazy around here (in a good way). Unfortunately I have bad news.....I have pictures, but I can''t download them from the camera''s memory chip. This old computer doesn''t have a slot for camera memory chips. Have to wait until fiance (still not used to using that word) returns home from his trip tomorrow (have to use his computer for the chip). I *promise* I will post tomorrow evening. Sorry to have to make you wait for pics.

AOChi - lol....thanks, working on it.

Alj & Mara - thanks....this wouldn''t of been possible without your guidance & input on the different rocks I posted. Alj...you are going to love WF''s bezel/pave/halo work. I was very impressed! The appraiser commented to me that the melee was all the same diameter and matched very well (he was impressed)!

BlueR - lol...thank you. I couldn''t agree more. NYC is the most romantic & special city. There''s just something about it. Have you been back since you moved? BTW...don''t mind that you posted the pics.
9.gif
Thanks!

Jenwill - thank you. :) Working on the pics.

Apple.....lol...thank you. Thankfully he didn''t keep me waiting long. He later told me that he was going nuts as I was dreaming about the proposal and talking about it in my sleep. LOL (Yes, I talk in my sleep). I have to wonder how often I did that through the entire process. LOLOL. As for time off, yes, completely the right decision. I don''t know how I would of ever planned a wedding while being on the road 80% of the time.

Belle ...thank you. I am sorry for the wait....I am working on it.

Blue824...most defnitely!
9.gif

Lovey - Thank you my dear! Candela (sorry, spelled it wrong earlier) is amazing! I love all of the candles & the rustic iron chandeliers! Great place for the bachelorette dinner! Working on the hand pics. As for getting married twice....it''s cool, but it''s also weird as the wedding date for the Malaysian wedding was set using our astrology. Still getting used to the idea.

HOU.....lol....thank you! Yes, it feels amazing for it to finally be official! Instead of him getting frustrated by ring talk, he gets to be frustrated by planning talk. hehehe.

Kaleigh.....thank you. :) I read on GIA''s website that you can take an intensive 30 day online course. I have to call to get information tomorrow. Will probably wait until the major stuff is set for the wedding here. Hopefully I will be able to find a job after I pass the course. LOL. FYI...the SparkleSparkle is amazing! I don''t know how people refrain from using that every day. (Almost feel like Bree from DH''s....polishing the silver...) lol.

Matatora....thank you...lol...so true. I''ll have to tell K about the town car comment. See if he chuckles at that one. LOL.

Ice....thank you.
1.gif
LOL...read earlier comments to Apple about talking in my sleep.

MS...thank you. WF did an amazing job!

Erin....LOL....Nooner & Mini both appreciate being legitimate now. K''s boss used to give him a grief about the dogs being illegitimate. LOL.

Kim - lol...thanks, working on the hand shots.

Buena - thanks! See above comments about hand shots. lol.

Bright ... thanks! I feel very fortunate to have him in my life & to share a life with him.
9.gif

MrsS...See above...I''m working on it...slowly but surely. hehe.

Caroline.....Love the icon! Thanks for the sweet sentiments. See above regarding hand shots. lol.

JCJD....thanks fellow Husker! BTW...Happy 7 months til your birthday! hehe. Today is the 17th correct? hehe.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am glad that you are busy in a positive way! And I am sure i am not the only one wishing your soon to be hubby would hurry home so you can post pictures. Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for checking in and giving us an update
36.gif
we''re looking forward to those pics and I''m so glad you are happy with Whiteflash and your gorgeous ring
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results