shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
lili, just wanted to add my congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so, so, so excited for you!! What a journey it has been. Looking forward to following this pregnancy along with you! TONS of sticky dust coming your way!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Parrot What planet is your BIL's fiance from? I feel sorry for any woman who thinks pregnancy or any other aspect of female biology is gross. How can you love yourself and your body if you thikn something it does is gross?? I don't get it. Good thing she is not YOUR relative eh? ;))

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, congrats mama! I am so happy for you!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies for the congrats, but i'm afraid i don't have good news.
first u/s did not look good, unless by some miracle i had ovulated 2 wks later then i'd thought.
we are waiting for the follow-up appt, but honestly i'm not getting my hopes up.

i'll be off for a while and will check up on your wonderful ladies later.
lots and lots of luck to you all

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Parrot - Wow, what a horrible thing to say! I'm supposed to be in a wedding for one of my best friends in October, and she said she'd like nothing more than for me to be pregnant since she knows how badly we want it.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh Lili, I so hope it's not true that things aren't good. :( I will be thinking about you - I know very well how excruciating it is waiting for that next ultrasound. I hope and pray that you've just got a late bloomer (or your ovulation was indeed off). Big big hugs and hopes for a healthy bean!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
lili - I'm so sorry to hear about your last ultrasound. :blackeye: I hope you and your DH are keeping strong, even with all the uncertainty. ((HUGS))

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
lili, I'm so sorry to hear that the U/S didn't reveal that all is perfectly well. I sincerely hope that it was some sort of fluke or machine malfunction and that your pregnancy is healthy as can be. Sending support and stregth your way! Hugs
Mrs

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome wishes!! I don't know the etiquette yet around here, so I was a little apprehensive about just jumping in...but I'm glad I did. You ladies rock!!

DCGator: I will definitely read the earlier responses in this thread regarding ART. I am sure others' stories will be really helpful in helping me to actually move forward with a more aggressive approach. DH and I are still TTC on our own and just hoping something will come of it. Perhaps in the new year we'll be in a position (emotionally) to do more. Wonderful news that all is well so far. Still throwing sticky dust your way!!!

Bella: Sorry about your DH's groin, that sounds painful!! Hope gets better soon! And :angryfire: about the agency messing up the home visit. It's crazy how one little oversight can through a monkey wrench in a plan. I so admire your adoption journey and I am really sending positive vibes your way that everything works out well.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the RE. I would have loved to stay where we were because this particular practice that the RE is a part of is supposed to be really cutting edge and top not in our geographic area. There was a slight chance of infection with the procedure I underwent, so I guess I was one of the unlucky ones. I can't blame the RE for that. However I think it best for us to probably move on because of that negative experience and because I felt a little bit rushed into IVF without being given enough explanation and with what I felt was a kind of dismissive approach to our concerns. I hope we get it right the with the next RE.

Lauren: I hope you and W are able to BD around all that oral surgery! Bummer that you would O around the same time as the dental work.

lili: I am so sorry that things aren't looking good, but I am still hoping things will be okay. Big hugs to you!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
LILI-Big hugs to you and I hope that it was just a fluke and your little bean is strong and growing just as it should. You are a strong, brave, and amazing woman!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Lili. I'm thinking of you and sending you and your little one lots of thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili|1291248556|2784595 said:
thanks ladies for the congrats, but i'm afraid i don't have good news.
first u/s did not look good, unless by some miracle i had ovulated 2 wks later then i'd thought.
we are waiting for the follow-up appt, but honestly i'm not getting my hopes up.

i'll be off for a while and will check up on your wonderful ladies later.
lots and lots of luck to you all

Lili, I'm thinking of you today. Really hoping for the best, and I know how difficult the waiting for the next U/S can be. Sending lots and lots of sticky growing dust to you, my dear.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Lili - I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping the very best for you and bebe. *dust* *dust* *dust*

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
lili: just checking in to send continued positive vibes your way.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Lili, my heart aches for you. Im sorry to hear the news. Ill still grab at hope as well that your ovulation date was off.

My period is due on Sunday.
Sunday would have been my due date.
What a cruel joke.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
charbie said:
My period is due on Sunday.
Sunday would have been my due date.
What a cruel joke.

Charbie, I'll be thinking of you on Sunday. I'm so sorry it will be such a difficult day.

Mrs

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
charbie: hugs to you.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I hope all is well in the land of TTC 2.0. I beileve we still have a few of you in the 2WW. Good luck to you ladies, especially those who will be testing this weekend ;-)

Bella - Thanks for asking about me. I am hanging in there and not doing to bad at all. Hopefully my little ninja turtle will continue to bake. As for your stupid home study agency, GRRR :angryfire: . I would definitely give them a piece of your mind (in a professional way) and threaten to share your "experience" with all the other NYC mommies you know trying to adopt, and see if they don't start fixing their mistakes. Hopefully though, you will be able to fix their mess and won't get too far behind in the process. Lots of luck sweetie!

Onedrop - I can understand the feelings on ART. I would actually reach out to Fisher. I think she is very much in the same boat as you are. Whatever you do though, you need to feel comfortable with it, so do what you feel good with.

Lili - I can understand you not wanting to be around here, but if you are lurking, please now I am still praying for you and hoping that your little bean will fight back.

Charbie - Ugh, the freaking irony. I am so very sorry about the timing, but hopefully AF will show up a day early so you can start off that awful day on a note of renewel and hope for this next cycle. Big hug lady.

To the rest of you ladies lurking or just playing slient for a couple days, good luck wherever you may be in your cycles and enjoy your weekends! PS Bundle up if you are on the E. Coast b/c its going to be seriously nippy! And if you haven't made it to your 2ww yet, enjoy those hot spiked beverages :naughty:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
November has been such a wonderful month for our TTC ladies. I have been overwhelmed with emotion for all you amazing ladies who have finally been truly blessed with your burgeoning pregnancies. Your babies-to-be are fortunate to have such loving and strong mothers who willed them into being. I wish you all great happiness on this, the culmination of your journey to meeting your LO’s.

I need to thank each and every one of you who stopped to post support for DH and I. As I mentioned I was on my own for a few days and I will admit I read your messages too many times to be considered healthy and they really did make me feel supported. So thank you for that. I knew that I would be a big fat downer and so I waited to talk more and I think now is as good a time as any.

I am very angry, angry at so many things. I could write a whole long explanation about how I feel and why it is that I feel that way but it would end the same. We are no longer TTC; emotionally I am having a problem understanding that but physically I know the facts. We have requested a consultation for the New Year to confirm if it is that we need IVF/ICSI, that will be in late January or perhaps February and if they think there is a shot in hell with our circumstance that we can try IUI's then we will for as long as we can but I doubt it is an option. Unfortunately at €5,000 per IVF/ICSI (if that is indeed the route) then short of an act of God we won’t be able to pay for it. So that will be that, for now.

I have been staying out of the pregnancy & TTC threads (obviously until today) because I don’t feel that I am coping very well at the moment not because I am a begrudger. Though I will freely admit I am jealous as hell! I won’t say I’m not going to lurk in the future – just not now.

CDN, Gaby, LTP, Bella & my other old & new TTC friends: I love you ladies and wish you guys posted elsewhere too. I’ll miss you. Perhaps that is why I took so long to post this – I will really miss you guys. I feel quite alone in my limbo non-TTC but I can't make this my home anymore. Try popping your heads into hangout or something once in a while...

ETA: Lil: I read your post and I pray the scan was not right. Take care of yourself honey.

(last one for now:) Carry on :))

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This is a complete drive by as I'm typing from my phone while at the hair salon.

Steal, I'm gonna miss you and your posts here. :(. If you're ever at that $ite devoted to purse lovers it wouldn't be hard to find me. I can commiserate with how you're feeling. Sometimes it helps to know you're not alone and others get it. So, if you ever wanna chat...

Lili, I'm holding out hope the dates were wrong. Hugs to you.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
steal: Hopefully you will lurk again to read this post. I am really sad to read that you will no longer be *around* the TTC threads anymore because you really the reason I came out of lurkdom to start posting here. But on the other hand I totally understand how you are feeling and why you need to pull back. I really hope the best for you and your DH on your TTC journey how ever you decide to procede. Your spirit will be missed here. I will look for you in the other parts of the forum and give you a shout out even though we never got to connect over here. {{{{steal}}}}

dcgater: I REALLY appreciate your encouragement especially since you have done IUI. You are a success story! I have read a lot of Fisher's posts and can totally relate, so I do feel like am not an island with my feelings, thanks for suggesting reaching out. Hopefully Fisher will post more in the future...she has peeped in a few times lately.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
(((((((((((((((((((Charbie and Steal and Lili))))))))))))))))))))

What a week! My heart is so sad for each of you right now, and I wish we were friends IRL and I could give you a real hug and have a real chat.

Charbie-ugh for AF, her timing always sucks and I am so sorry that you are having a rough time!

Lili-I'm still hoping things aren't as they seemed and am wishing you all the best!

Steal-I'm sorry for your TTC news and we will miss you so much!!!!!!! I lurk on hangout and colored stones and pearls here (can't wait to see your new pearl prezzie!)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
lili - hoping for only the greatest news and keeping you in my thoughts!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Charbie, lots of hugs and thinking about you and your angel baby.

Steal, I'm so sorry this has been such a tough road. If you feel you were meant to be a mother, you *will* be a mother! I know it can be so tough and I've been there, too. Life can be so heartbreaking sometimes and cruel. But I know with your open heart, amazing DH and incredible spirit - you will be parents one day (soon). You have given so much to many of us over the years and have been so supportive. Surely the universe will make way for you to realize your dreams, too.

Lili, thinking and praying for you. This is the hardest thing... but I'm not losing hope for your bean. Sending truckloads of dust and prayers your way.

And the rest of you lovely ladies, tons of dust for you TTC and tons of dust for the newly preggos. (((hugs)))

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Steal - I just want to say again how very sorry I am that you find yourself in this position. You are such a wonderful, caring, and giving person, and I can't think of anyone who deserves to get a little one more than you. You have shared so much of yourself here in the TTC (as well as other) thread(s) and I for one, am so very thankful that I had you there to get me through some of my darker days. You really are quite a ray of sunshine and I hope that once you find your way through your dark period, you come back here, hopefully with some better news. I will continue to keep you and your DH in my prayers, and I know that one way or another, you will get that little miracle. As much as I can care for a non-real life friend, I :love: you and wish only the best for you sweetie. Huge, enormous, makes it way through the computer HUG for you.

PS I will keep an eye out for you in the Hangout lady.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
One Drop - I am glad that you were able to garner some info from my experience. I am also glad that you were able to relate to Fisher. I really hope that she pops back in here so that you two can chat. And don't worry, you aren't alone here, these are a great group of ladies with varied and sometimes difficult stories. And we are here for you. Hang in there sweetie!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
oy! Now that DC and Ryan are pregnant and Steal is taking a break from all the TTCing, this thread is not moving at all. Not much in the TTC department for me...but we had our homestudy today!!!! bad news it is might take a month get approved b/c of the Christmas holidays which sucks b/c everything else is done and ready to go...anywho, that's it on my end.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Steal: it has taken me a bit to write here to you. Normally, words never fail me. But right now, I wish I could find something to say that may bring you comfort. This is one of those times that people telling you to "keep your chin up" or "it only takes one...keep trying!" Just does not seem fitting.
I think im like you, dear...a realist. No offense, but after I typed out this month that I didn't feel pregnant, got a BFN, and was ok with this month not being ours, it stung to keep seeing, "its early! Ill keep hoping you get your BFP in a day or two!" Right. Dude, im not pregnant, and I know it. All the dust in the world wont change it.
You know the facts, and the unlikelyhood of sex leading to procreation. You have no more patience. You're wondering, "why the hell is this happening to us??? Why don't WE get to have sex, get pregnant, and make babies??" Sh!t, id be cursing God out right now and tell every pregnant person to go to he11.

Steal, I hope you find peace. I hope you discover what route you will need to take in order to grow your family. You have so much love to give, it would be a damn shame if you did not have the opportunity to impart your grace, knowledge, love, humour, and warmth onto your child. Whatever that path is, i care for you, am here for you, and deeply wish only the best for you and your DH. You two will come out of this at some point...it might feel like it will take years to get there, but you will, and at that moment, all else will fade away and you'll realize there was a reason you had to go through all of this struggle and journey had to one day raise the child you're meant to be a mom to.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1291697988|2789617 said:
oy! Now that DC and Ryan are pregnant and Steal is taking a break from all the TTCing, this thread is not moving at all. Not much in the TTC department for me...but we had our homestudy today!!!! bad news it is might take a month get approved b/c of the Christmas holidays which sucks b/c everything else is done and ready to go...anywho, that's it on my end.

Bella: you are right that it's very quiet in this thread now. And I am afraid I won't be much help to add to things because I am not temping at this point and so no charts to share. Although we are still passively TTC there is just not much to report that is of interest.

Yaaay for your home visit!! Did you get a good feeling about it all? Hopefully you will hear something sooner rather than later. Really looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Charbie: Such a great post, I think I could have written it myself.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Charbie-hear hear! That post pretty much sums it up!

Onedrop-I hear you, no temping for me either. It stresses me out way too much!

I think the home visit went well and don't see there being any problems which is great.

What's not so great is that DH seems to have hit the wall. He was laid off in October and is hopefully starting school at the end of January (he's been admitted, but he won't know if he got the classes he needs until the day before classes start :errrr: ) but last week being unemployed and at home started to really get to him. He went through a long period of unemployment before and got really depressed which caused a lot of problems for him and for our relationship. i am worried that he's slipping into that place again and it is scaring me alot...he's also starting to get really stressed about the idea that his swimmers may not be "up to the challenge" he's been combing online forums and has decided that his swimmers get easily overheated (probably true) so he want to sleep with ice packs on his stuff for three months and then get tested...it seems to be an approved method, but I wish he would just talk to his Dr about it now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results