shape
carat
color
clarity

New Addition: BGD Eternity Band and New Gemstone Ring

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I've had this new ring since September but only just recently found my camera and cord so I could take pics and share it.

Its a bit over 2 mm in width and a full eternity of ideal cut round brilliants. It makes me so happy to look at as it was a gift that I received from my husband for completing my PhD. I wear it daily with either just my 2 mm platinum wedding band or with my e-ring as well. The ideal cut stones are little firecrackers. The total weight is about 0.50-0.51 carats. I think each stone is 0.015 carats in size.

The gemstone ring is a rhodolite garnet cut by Dan Stair in a LOGR setting. The original stone for that setting was a mint tourmaline but unfortunately the culet was crushed when it was set. My jeweler is a star and paid for my replacement stone and didn't charge me for the second setting of the stone. I don't wear it every day but I do love it. The garnet has some fire of its own and I adore the saturated color. The stones in the setting are full cut (I paid to upgrade it) and have tons of life for such an inexpensive setting. The total weight of the setting is 0.15 carats.

Ok so on to the (not that great) pictures. I'm getting a Canon DSLR sometime soon so hopefully I can step up my macro mode game.

WBsCtek.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Re: Updated/upgraded wedding set and new gemstone ring.

The whole wedding set now. I've always had a hard time taking fire shots of my cushion e-ring. I'm happy I finally caught one little flare!

I ended up getting WG for the metal in the eternity since the only metal exposed are the prongs and the rails on the sides of the pave. My WB has worn through the rhodium plating pretty quickly but it isn't visible most of the time. I like how similar to the wear of the exposed WG is to the patina on my platinum wedding set.

updated wedding set ctek.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

My new right hand ring. LOGR setting with Dan Stair rhodolite garnet.

Also pictured is my updated daily wear set- My ~0.8 carat total weight studs, wedding band, eternity band, e-ring, and RHR.

rhodo LOGR ring ctek.jpg

daily wear set with gemstone ring ctek.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Updated picture of my not-very-clean studs. The one on the left is a K VS1 AGS Ideal cut. 0.39 carats. The one on the right was a previously owned stone. It came from a pendant my grandmother passed down to me. It has been appraised at 0.5 carats but it shows up smaller than that. So thats why I call the set my "about 0.8 total carat weight" studs. I have a thread on just those things from earlier this year.

Blurry daily wear set. My camera stinks! Its so challenging to capture the life of diamonds. Anyway, wanted to give an example of the brilliance.

Showing the rainbows from the eternity ring reflecting on the table and my hand.

rainbows ctek.jpg

blurry daily wear set ctek.jpg

earrings ctek.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful collection! So classy!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lovely!!!!!!!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Love them Claritek!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

lovely!

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock

Hi Clairtek! Lovely new ring you have there, and it just looks gorgeous with your set. I see you've mixed your metals - I am thinking of doing that too - from your pictures I can't see the wear at all. Would you say that if you wore the wg ring alone it would be more noticeable?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing! ::)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

Love your updated set, Clairitek! Your new band is so sparkly, and it looks great with your existing set. I don't know much about colored stones, but that garnet looks lovely to me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are all very lovely.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Congrats Dr. Claritek! Thanks for posting all of those photos - after all the upheaval on PS the last couple of days, it was great to just enjoy some gorgeous bling! Kudos to your hubs for picking out such a fantastic band, and I love that you think of him when you see it. I hope you post your garnet ring over in CS - there would be a lot of love over there for that piece!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thanks purplesilk, HH, marcy, Cellentani, kittybean, tuckins, littlelanhua, and B.E.G.! I appreciate the kind words.

Littlelanhua- I only really noticed it at first when the wear was a bit uneven (it doesn't get chaffed by my engagement ring all around, only in two spots really) but now it seems to have evened out. I notice some warmth to the sides but nothing on the top of the band that faces me when I look at it. The warmth is more pronounced if I take it off and look at it right next to my platinum stuff. I never wear the band alone (because I always wear my WB, no matter what) so its typically paired with the platinum WB but if I decided not to wear my WB at some point it the wear on the sides of the eternity wouldn't bother me. It was worth saving the $300.

ETA:
Cellentani- I'll go over and post the garnet ring on CS. I was inspired by seeing your LOGR pieces in January. That was my first time seeing stuff from that shop in person and I was blown away by the quality for the price. So thanks for letting me see what was possible!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous band and I love the garnet ring, too! Congrats on your PhD and your new bling! :appl:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous collection!!! :love: :love: :love:

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock

thanks for the info Clairitek :)

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely collection Clairitek!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lovely collection! Thanks for sharing it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

congrats, weat it in good health!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

just gorgeous Clair! it's so nice to have options on each day, based on how you are feeling :appl: I adore the rhr also - looks great on you!

I usually never wear rings other than my ring finger, because I don't love the feeling of rings on my other hand, and i don't know why :confused: This has kept me from getting a rhr up until now, but maybe someday...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock

Wow, Claire! Your RHR is just beautiful, but I really love your new eternity band! Where is it from? I would love to have something similar.. I really like the stacked look you've got going there. Hooray for PhD rings! And congrats on such a great accomplishment!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thanks to thing2, chiquita, yenny, violet3, decogirl, and amy!

TheBigT|1290793343|2779782 said:
Wow, Claire! Your RHR is just beautiful, but I really love your new eternity band! Where is it from? I would love to have something similar.. I really like the stacked look you've got going there. Hooray for PhD rings! And congrats on such a great accomplishment!

Thanks so much for the compliments! I've always loved the stacked look as well. I was choosing between a 5-stone ring and this eternity and part of the reason I went for the eternity even though it was less blingy was because I could stack it with my wedding set without overwhelming my e-ring or having the girdles of the 5-stone eat away at the basket of my e-ring. I got it online from a vendor that sells jewelry with ideal cut melee in it based in TX. Unfortunately I cannot give the name of the vendor at the moment.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

So classic and gorgeous. Plus I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gemstone ring. Your daily wear looks smashing! :D

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

SparkleNut|1290810215|2779946 said:
So classic and gorgeous. Plus I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gemstone ring. Your daily wear looks smashing! :D

Thank you SparkleNut! I've enjoyed the evolution of my daily wear from nothing to the e-ring, then the WB, then the studs, and now the eternity. Now what to add next... :Up_to_something:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful! And congratulations on your PHD! That is quite an achievement!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just lovely! I am diggin' the cushion in the solitare setting. It really stands out!! Classic beauty!!

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock

nice! loving the pink ring (tourmaline?) too :love:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thanks geckodani, cushioncutnut, and agatha.

Agatha- Its a rhodolite garnet. It changes color from a purple-pink to a more reddish pink in different lighting. The approximate weight is 1 carat. I think the dimensions are 5.9 mm x 5.9 mm.

Here are a couple of new shots I took while out in Sonoma today. :confused: Sorry for all the gunk on my dashboard.

macroeternityringctek.jpg

macrogarnetringctek.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Beautiful pictures, Claritek! I love the new pics of your collection, but especially the Rhodolite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results