shape
carat
color
clarity

So if my local jeweler says he makes freqent buying trips to Belguim...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Andrew8527

Rough_Rock
What''s the implication there?

Diamonds coming from Belguim are generally better than others? Or, maybe his statement doesn''t mean much because that''s where most people buy/deal diamonds? Thanks in advance...

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I think it's an allusion to better pricing and quality

My local B&M said they buy from Belgium becuase the ones from Isreal have thick girdles
14.gif

All that matters is the cut, grade and price that he'll sell to you! With the knowledge on PS, a good cert and sarin report it probably doesn't matter where the diamond was cut - you'll be able to pick a winner.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The implication is that your store owner is an authentic "buyer" or a true wholesaler who is cutting out the hated middlemen. Whether this is true, is a totally different matter. One may go overseas to buy small amounts from many sellers, or even middlemen, and not really buy better than one who buys domestically. It is a great reason to write off frequent European vacations as "buying trips", too.

Sure, the seller could be a big buyer and quite important, or it could just be a ploy to make you think such is the case when it isn't.

Check the prices against Pricescope and find out for yourself.....That's how to put it to the test.

Andrew8527

Rough_Rock
Got it, that's what I thought. I don't really have reason not to trust him, as he is somewhat of a family friend of ours and we've always done business with him.
However, as Ricardo said, the cut, grade, and price will speak for themselves. Thanks.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I have a small, local jeweler who does this. He has offered me a couple of ideal stones that are beautiful, but he can never tell me anything more than that they are "ideal" cuts. They weren't certified, and his pricing is awful. He showed me his cost for one, and I could buy the same or better quality on the internet for less than he is paying. Thus, know your stuff. Know how to evaluate the 4c's and know comparable prices. Then maybe you can do good business without having to worry about hidden meanings or agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results