shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Out of lurking... with a Tiffany Legacy ;)

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your Tiffany Legacy is beautiful and exquisite - no wonder your are thrilled with it.

piggies

Rough_Rock
Again, thanks for the kind words!

Diamondseeker, I had been admiring your band in my lurking days, haha... Love it! But when I was shopping for my own wedding band, I surprisingly did not like it with my engagement ring... almost made it look like a lopsided split shank. So I opted for a band without diamonds in it.

And while on the subject of admiration, LaurenthePartier if you are still reading, I have been obsessing over your engagement ring forever. I even showed my fiance pictures of it pre-engagement. Just thought you should know.

Per request... more pictures! See below for my nature documentary!

IMG_9290s.JPG

IMG_9291s.JPG

IMG_9292s.JPG

IMG_9293s.JPG

piggies

Rough_Rock
what?! max of 4 pics per post? ok, one more...

IMG_9295s.JPG

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for posting additional pictures, piggies! your ring is just so gorgeous :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that beauty certainly could stand alone and doesn't need the Legacy band! But I love the Legacy pieces because the milgrain is so delicate and beautiful....so tiny in real life!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!!!!

piggies

Rough_Rock
more thanks, ladies.

diamondseeker- about the milgrain, i love it too!! truly perfect to my naked eye and it wasn't till i took pictures and made my little size 4 ring into a bracelet sized image that i thought it looked kinda chunky :(

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
I just tried this on today! I tried on a 1.67 and 2.11 center. Out of all the other settings I tried, that is the one I loved! I'm definitely hoping my guy gets a similar looking setting from a PS vendor because I really don't think he should spend that much on my ring.

piggies

Rough_Rock
Adana, the first one I tried on was 1.65ct, which luckily I thought looked too big on me! Good thing, because I wouldn't want to drive my man broke either!
On the subject of pricing though, if you aren't far off, have the sales guy search their inventory for you because it seems like they're really all over the place with pricing... Mine was $12500 for a 1.00ct I VS2 Ex cut, which is actually exactly what they advertise as their starting price on the website for that carat size. But then we were also told that these were available (yes, pricey, i know... this is for educational purposes!):

1.09 HVS2 $14,700.
1.01 IVVS2 $14,300.
1.00 I VS1 $13,200.
.95 IVS1 $13,500.
.94 HVS2 $13,800.
.93 IVVS2 $13,500.
.91 IVS1 $13,100.
.90 IVS1 $13,100.
.87 HVS1 $12,100.
.86 GVVS1 $13,500.
.82 HVS2 $11,400.
.82 FVS2 $11,800.

They also say all their stones are excellent cut too, but I don't agree with that either... look at a lot of them and there are definitely some that stand out.
And as for similar rings by PS vendors, I LOVE Leon's Cold Fusion setting but was scared off by reading attitude stories on here, uncertainty about a wedding band to go with it, and the lack of any defined warranty after receiving the ring. Just my opinion, but I would definitely go for a handmade setting though, as I wasn't thrilled with cast settings that I've seen in person.

OK, my longwindedness is done :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Piggies, I love your new pics and you are such a dear! Thank you so much for your kind words about my ring. My husband will be so pleased to hear that nearly 5 years later, someone still mentions it on PS. :bigsmile:

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Piggies I am hoping he ends up working with Leon. After I get the ring, I'll have to get jewelry insurance anyway so I think it might cover repairs if necessary too. I really do love cold fusion and I'd love and AVC center.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring with us....it is a timeless beauty!!!

I appreciate the pricing info, too, as I haven't actually tried on the Legacy in the Tiffany Store.

Lori

sushi

Shiny_Rock
Its absolutely stunning, congratulations! Actually I have a friend who always wanted the legacy, her now husband had a custom one designed based on it. It is definitely still amazing, but she has always secretly said that she liked the original! You will never regret it. Also by looking at the photo, you would never know that it is I-color. Not that i know a lot about stones, but as the cut is so perfect it is obviously reflecting a lot of light. Is there any florescence? I read recently that diamonds of a lower colour look a lot whiter when they have higher fluorescence?

x Sushi

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Enjoy :))

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Congrats! :bigsmile:

piggies

Rough_Rock
Whew, sorry been away a bit... thanks again for all the nice things said! And I'm glad the pricing info helps... that was one thing I couldn't really find a lot of info on when I was doing my detective work.

Adana- can't wait to see what you end up with! I LOVE AVCs... that'd be perfect in the cold fusion setting!

Sushi- My stone has no fluor. I'm no expert with color either... all I know is that I can't see any color in my set stone and that's good enough for me! I also never had the opportunity to see it unset upside down on a white piece of paper either though....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I've always loved the unique cut of the Legacy diamond.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply gorgeous!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!! I love the Legacy and it looks amazing on your hands.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I am absolutely stunned! :love:

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring! Congratulations on your engagement. :love: :love: :love:

shoejohn

Rough_Rock
I think this is the ring for my girl.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous! :appl:

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Congratulations!

sunnyam

Rough_Rock
Such a classy ring! I would be thrilled too!!

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Piggies! I will definitely post when I get it (which may be quite a while from now).

piggies

Rough_Rock
Gosh, everyone's so nice! Thanks yet again for all the lovely comments.

MrsSalvo- I read commentary by you and others in my lurking days that helped convince me that yeah, the Legacy cut's special enough to be worth the price tag! So thanks!

shoejohn- PLEASE post whatever you end up buying for your girl!

And I'm a dork. A big dork. So I haaaad to take more pictures after I cleaned my ring with my new wedding band! BUT, since I don't want anyone to see my wedding band until it's actually my wedding band, it's hiding in its box ;-)
Oh and a profile view too.

IMG_9619s.JPG

IMG_9622s.JPG

IMG_9624s.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results