shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
fisherofmengirly|1289501053|2761853 said:
Hey, Sha! :bigsmile: Your baby's reach out to you in all the pics is so, so, so adorable!! What name did you choose? (Or do you not post that here? I know some don't, so if you haven't shared, just ignore this question.)

What's been your favorite part of motherhood? What's been the worst? (I always imagine having a sick baby or a baby after shots would be the worst, but my best friend, who's a brand new mom, says the worst so far has been having a tired baby who just refuses to sleep, even when it's exactly what she needs. And as I imagined, she says the best is looking at this little person and knowing you love her more than you could have dreamed.)

Our LO's name is Dalila -it means 'gentle' in Swahili. :))

Hmmm...worst part of motherhood? Let me think.. The sleep deprivation in the first few months was really, really hard. Dalila woke up every 2 hours from birth to 6 months, so I felt like I was walking in a haze for a lot of that time, which made it hard to enjoy the newborn days as much as I could. Having a sick baby is definitely high on the list as well! She had a high fever last week for the past 5 days and we couldn't figure out why. That's nothing compared to some of the other sicknesses babies have...but it was still an anxious time for us.

Favourite part of motherhood? Playing with her and watching her erupt in baby giggles. It's sounds simple, but I love it. I love tickling her and hearing her laugh. I also love when she snuggles her head into my chest... :love: And I love seeing her grow and learn new things. It's probably the simple things I love the most, I guess.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Sha|1289508027|2762211 said:
fisherofmengirly|1289501053|2761853 said:
Hey, Sha! :bigsmile: Your baby's reach out to you in all the pics is so, so, so adorable!! What name did you choose? (Or do you not post that here? I know some don't, so if you haven't shared, just ignore this question.)

What's been your favorite part of motherhood? What's been the worst? (I always imagine having a sick baby or a baby after shots would be the worst, but my best friend, who's a brand new mom, says the worst so far has been having a tired baby who just refuses to sleep, even when it's exactly what she needs. And as I imagined, she says the best is looking at this little person and knowing you love her more than you could have dreamed.)

Our LO's name is Dalila -it means 'gentle' in Swahili. :))

Hmmm...worst part of motherhood? Let me think.. The sleep deprivation in the first few months was really, really hard. Dalila woke up every 2 hours from birth to 6 months, so I felt like I was walking in a haze for a lot of that time, which made it hard to enjoy the newborn days as much as I could. Having a sick baby is definitely high on the list as well! She had a high fever last week for the past 5 days and we couldn't figure out why. That's nothing compared to some of the other sicknesses babies have...but it was still an anxious time for us.

Favourite part of motherhood? Playing with her and watching her erupt in baby giggles. It's sounds simple, but I love it. I love tickling her and hearing her laugh. I also love when she snuggles her head into my chest... :love: And I love seeing her grow and learn new things. It's probably the simple things I love the most, I guess.

Actually no...after two hilarious moments with Dalila this afternoon, I have to say that the best part of motherhood is the fun and joy she brings to our lives. The girl is hilarious. :)) She makes us laugh every day. She crawls from the bedroom to the bathroom tonight and sees me in there peeing, then reaches for the door and slams it shut. One second later she starts to wail because she can't see me anymore. :roll: :lol: The other thing she's doing is putting the remote control to her ear and babbling into it, like a phone. She actually swivels her head around with a businesslike look and goes 'Eh? Ah?' and then looks into the phone with utter concentration as if she's listening to the 'other person' on the line. :lol: Such a silly girl!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing exciting to post while sitting in the dark pumping. Here's a start to BPF: K in a box, my own special delivery.

Mara - the shoes were Robeez, inherited from my SIL.

Kara box small.JPG

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
drk -- what a cutie! That's a great pic!

Pumping moms -- what kinds of shirts/tops/sweaters did you wear to work? I'm going to be going back during cold weather, and I'm typically in sweaters that are pretty form-fitting. These aren't too conducive to pumping. Do you just pull up your shirts during pumping time or do you wear button downs? Hmmm, questions like this are the things I'm still trying to figure out logistically. At home I just whip out the girls since I'm always wearing a Target nursing tank!

T rolled over again twice yesterday. :appl: :appl:
Ever since daylight savings ended he's also been waking up about an hour earlier, even though he is going to bed at the same time ... I've read that it can take a week for them to adjust, but mommy would like more sleep!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turtle, yay for rolling over! No dice from N yet but MIL never does tummy time so I'm not surprised I guess. RE: shirts - button downs don't fit over the girls so I don't wear them. I just pull up my shirt when I pump.

Drk, I can’t believe how big Kara is getting!

HH, haven’t heard from you in a bit. I hope all is well and you’re enjoying the beautiful weather in the Northeast this week.

Fisher, hi! Good to see you around these parts!

AFM, we bought N an exersaucer yesterday. It took FOREVER to put together but hopefully we’ll get to try it out this weekend. He has great head control but still throws himself sometimes so we’ll have to be careful.

Things are going really well with MIL. N loves her. He grins from ear to ear every morning when she comes in! Our only issues are the hungry baby right when I get home which isn’t her fault and not enough tummy time. DH has tried reminding MIL about tummy time but she just doesn’t do it. Every day when I get home she says they didn’t have time. We really need to figure out a way to motivate her to do it. We’ve explained the purpose of it but still nothing.

Looking forward to the pics today even though I can never share anymore. Once of the casualties of my return to work…

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies - due to my week (will elaborate below) I haven't had time to read all the posts I've missed, BUT

cara - silas is delicious. those pictures are beyond adorable!!
kate - that is indeed one special delivery. such a cutie pie *swoon*
sha - d is such a little beauty and apparently very entertaining to boot!! love hearing you talk about being her mama
turtle - I pull up my shirt at work. sometimes i wear nursing tanks underneath, sometimes a nursing bra and sometimes, just a regular bra. I've boycotted our pumping room due to invasion of privacy issues and am now using my office. But it has this panel of glass (why?!!) so, I now have a shower curtain up. looks fab. i think i'm starting a trend :rolleyes: but at least I can multitask . . .
fisher - heart!!!
pupp - we just set nora up in a bouncer thing this weekend (the close cousin to the exersaucer) and she is happy as a clam in it. it may be ugly, but man i kind of love it.
mara - i feel so badly for your little man's gums. hoping that he finds some teething relief soon!!!
ginger - thanks for the work sympathies. glad to hear it got better. i am about to continue to woe is me below ;(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
so, if I'm being honest, being back at work is not going that well. I know that it's only week two. BUT,

Nora got a cold her first week in day care and then had to come home early this Tuesday due to a fever and stomach bug. She was home on Wednesday, so I missed work. Day care was closed on Thursday for Veteran's Day, so my husband missed work.

Then late yesterday, I found out that I'm going to be on a case that is basically going to *own* my life for the next six months. I think I was sort of living in denial about the work life balance and now reality is setting in. or crashing down.

The hardest part was last night. I didn't see my babe at all. First time since she was born. And because of this case, I know there are going to be more days like that one. many.

I basically turned into a puddle of tears when I got out of the car.

Again, I'm willing to give it time, but at the same time, I'm trying to think creatively about other solutions. Not sure what they might be . . . I like my job. I love my baby. Eventually my baby is going to be out of the house most of the day. can i take a five year professional hiatus :bigsmile: blah. blah. blah. blah.

okay dokey that about wraps that up.

here's a picture of nora enjoying that bouncer. she is in love. and i'm glad to finally have found a use for my old law books.

bouncingbabe.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh drk that is the cutest photo!! K is so adorable!! and she's getting so big!

re: what to wear to work, i mostly wear sweaters and jeans anyway so if i was pumping now i'd wear a nursing tank under a sweater. then again i hate bras so i tend to try to wear tight fitting tanks to get around a bra. now that the girls have shrunk back down that is doable--but not sure about before. what about a nursing bra so you can just take the sweater off and whip out the boob.

lulu i am sorry work is going so rough. based on what you said--i'd think about taking a hiatus. even for a year. if i didn't have an ok work/home life balance thanks to my job right now i def would be trying to find a PT contract or something else. i really don't want to miss too much of J's younger years. i'm also taking it a month or so at a time. i don't know how long this will last for me (flex) so my jury is still out. but i feel you and i'm sorry it's so rough. is there any way to take a step back at work for a little while like 6mo at least to give yourself a little breathing room and to get into a groove? at the end of the 6mo you may leave anyway but it would buy you some time.

also i realized that if i didn't ASK for what i wanted that no one would know i wasn't happy. i asked for PT and i got more of a flex schedule which is ok too--but if i hadn't asked and pretended it was ok (like another coworker is doing) then i never would have gotten what i have. i feel like unless you put it out there then no one really knows. anyway hugs to both you and CG since i know it's hard.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DRK, what a cutie! Nothing better than a box for a kid.

Lulu, what bouncer did you get Nora? I want to get Micah one but they are ridiculous as far as price goes, with what seems to be very few options.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
monkey - it's actually on loan from a co-worker, but I believe it's a FP rainforest.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monkey - the rainforest jumperoo is $65 at walmart. that's what we're getting. DD had hip dysplasia so she couldn't use a jumperoo so I'm determined that Nolan will have one! :bigsmile:

Lovelylulu - I agree that they're kind of ugly. Lots of baby equipment is in my opinion but whatever entertains them...even if it makes your house look like a day care!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lulu she's so cute!

Drk-Aidan would like you to ship LO to our house for a play date!

MP, we have the baby einstein bouncer, we got it from a friend so it was free. We put A in it for fun the other night and he actually liked it. I know he's still way too young for it though. Do you have any consignment shops nearby? Or what about CL/Freecycle?

Mara, I'm so not looking forward to teething. I hope J's gums are feeling better.

Sha, is Dalila pronounced Da-lila or Dahl-ia? Gorgeous name.

Aidan had his 8 week pedi visit today. We definitely need a new doc. She refused to admit that her scale was wrong. A scale that has been wrong in the past. She thinks A weighs 16 lbs. Um....he was 11 when I weighed him on our home scale earlier this week. She's also still refusing to give him meds for the reflux even though we've seen NO change in his symptoms. She says if he's gaining he must not have it that badly.

He's doing really really well otherwise though. He handled his shots OK. He didn't break down until she removed the first needle from his leg. Then he screamed bloody murder for the second one. We got him to nap in the car on the way home and we're trying to get him to nap now that we're home but every time he gets settled and drifts off he wakes up crying again :blackeye: We picked up some tylenol (haven't given it yet) for the pain and I've heard garlic smoothies work really well to ward off autism, so we've stocked up on the garlic as well :rodent: My mom is coming to visit for the weekend so at least we have an extra set of hands available if he's super fussy tonight.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
lulu-
huge gigantic hugs - the first 3 or so months that i went back to work were the worst of my life. not only was c sick every week, but i was running on zero sleep, DH and i were not getting along and all i wanted to do was run away with c to some desert island. i am still in denial about my work/life balance (it's been 9+months since i've been back) but it does get better!
i didn't believe it would ever happen, but it did.. i promise.
the kicker for me was seeing other moms who didn't seem to struggle with going back to work, which always made me feel like i wasn't doing it right ;-)

the constant sickness is salt on the wound, and unfortunately doesn't get better for a good 6 months. she will catch everything and anything.... sometimes 2 or 3 times. charlie had a runny nose, cough and/or fever at least 2x a month. it.sucked. i used up all of my vacation time just staying home with him. the only shining light is now that he's moved into the next room and all of the kids have been thru the gamut of ailments .... he hasn't been runny nose/cough/tummy sick since.

i will admit that the amount of time i see c everyday hasn't gotten any easier, but i have come to terms with it. this took about 6 months, and i don't think getting to your 'ok' place can be rushed. DH and i struggled a lot before we found a system that worked out for us. even now, i don't feel any less guilty for working, but i've learned how to deal with it and maximize the amount of time we are together. i can honestly say that our i]quality[/i] time together is phenomenal .. it really is all about c. i cherish the weekends and live for vacations ;-)

there are a few things that i consistently tell myself to get thru the day/week/month. the main one is: while i may need c more now, he will actually need me more when he is older. in order to make this happen i am setting myself up so we are in an awesome place when he starts preschool. i know people can see the rationale either way (i.e. it's more beneficial to be home when they are babies) but since the option isn't available for me to stay home right now, i place a huge importance on being around when he starts school. i want to be there when he's gets off the bus, and to take him to soccer practice, and help him with homework. things my mom wasn't able to do while i was growing up... these are things i remember.

a lot of my friends have sacrificed a ton to be able to stay home. i admire them and know that it's not easy to do. however, because we are not in that position, i take comfort in the fact that DH and i don't have to sacrifice right now, and we can provide c with things we didn't have growing up .... experiences we weren't able to enjoy.

ultimately, i work *because* of charlie - i go in everyday so that i can give him a great life, a life my mom wasn't able to provide. i'm not implying that my life was bad, but c is able to experience things that i was not able to. his 'great' life (my words) would not be possible if i didn't work. so, for right now, i hold onto these things and they help me get thru the week. ultimately, we are moving towards a better solution, but that takes baby steps.

i wish i would have thought about all of these things before i had a baby. because before i was pregnant i didn't understand why anyone wouldn't go back to work. silly viz.....

i took comfort in moms who shared their experience with me and i hope i have been able to do the same.
((hugs))

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
puppmom|1289496459|2761662 said:
Ladies, I need a little help. DS is eating on a pretty regular schedule now. Typically, he eats at 6:30 am, between 9:30 and 10:30 am, between 1:30 and 2:30 pm and again when I get home from work around 5-5:30 pm (and a dreamfeed around 9pm). Here’s the issue, MIL is having to hold him off every day for about a half an hour. She understands the importance of nursing so, if he wants to eat and it’s not too long till I’ll be home, she tries to hold him off. The problem is, this is happening every day. At around 4:30, he becomes really fussy and remains so until I get home and nurse him. I literally come in the door, drop my bags and throw him on the boob. Since N only eats 5 times a day at most, I would really like to nurse him at that feeding. Otherwise, the pump/nurse balance will shift to pumping more than I’m nursing.

Any ideas? Will he eventually get used to it? Should MIL try to feed him an ounce or two more at the 2pm feeding? Should she give him an ounce or two right before his usual fussy time? Any other suggestions? It really stinks to come home to a teary eyed, tired, hungry baby.
;(

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Any chance he'd take an extra feeding by going to only 3 hours between feeds and maybe lowering the ounces. 630a, 930a, 1230p, 330p and then 630p -- you'd definitely be home for that last feeding time, unless that interferes with bedtime.

Another idea is to add in another small feeding in the afternoon ... maybe around 330p that would tide him over.

T just spent his second day of a couple hours at daycare. He did really well ... we're just trying to figure out how many ounces he wants in his bottles. She said she really had to be persistent to get him to take 4 oz ... when I really suspect he needs 5 oz based on how frequently he eats now. He also went almost 4 hours between feedings, while at home he usually only goes 3 hours. I am fearful of reverse cycling when I go back to work, so I really want him to get the necessary ounces in during the daytime.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1289591607|2763618 said:
Aidan had his 8 week pedi visit today. We definitely need a new doc. She refused to admit that her scale was wrong. A scale that has been wrong in the past. She thinks A weighs 16 lbs. Um....he was 11 when I weighed him on our home scale earlier this week. She's also still refusing to give him meds for the reflux even though we've seen NO change in his symptoms. She says if he's gaining he must not have it that badly.

HH -- So sorry the reflux isn't better. My T has reflux. He is huge (in the 90+ percentile for height and weight), and our pedi didn't hesitate to prescribe him Prevacid based on my description of his symptoms and what we had done to try to alleviate those symptoms. We ended up never giving him Prevacid as I am BFing and did more diet elimination which has helped him tremendously ... but had that not worked, we were going for the Prevacid because having a child arch his back crying whenever I tried to burp him was definitely no fun (neither were some of the projectile spit ups). Just because your kid is gaining weight doesn't mean his reflux doesn't need to be treated. Yes, some little ones with reflux have issues gaining weight ... but some actually eat more and gain well because eating is comfort and can soothe upset tummies. So, yeah, I'd look into checking out another pediatrician if only for a second opinion. Oh, and a 16 pound 8-week old would be off the charts :roll:

I hope A gets happier ... poor little ones with their shots.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just weighed him here at home and he was 11.4 lbs. Finding a new pedi was actually on my list of things to do before going back to work anyway. With DH losing his job, having in DC where we planned on sending him makes no sense. It was right next door to DH's office, but it's 10 miles further north for me and 10 miles near Boston is a LONG WAY when you're commuting during rush hour. A's pediatrician is right near there as well so now that he's going to go to a DC close to home it makes sense to get a pedi here as well. *Sigh*

I'm still not sure what we're going to do about DC and DH being home when I go back to work. I'm debating between sending him to DC part time or full time. DH is really good at caring for A, you know, the necessities of life and such, but he's not the most nurturing or patient person. For example, he knows LO likes his bouncy seat so he thinks "great that works and will keep him quiet!" and bounces him for an hour in the seat while ignoring him otherwise, and he thinks he's doing something awesome. Sure A is quiet and enjoys the motion, but he still needs interaction and stimulation in other ways. And DH has NO commitment to schedule whatsoever. I discovered, after several days of trying to get A onto an every 3 hour feeding schedule, that DH offers a bottle whenever A fusses. So he ends up eating like an ounce an hour instead of 3 oz every 3 hours... So I'm thinking days home with DH could totally throw A off track once he starts developing a schedule at DC. We can swing full time on my salary, but with DH being out of work I'm paranoid about money and would like to save as much as we can.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, WTF?! You can tell the difference between a 12lb baby and a 16lb baby by holding them or looking at them. You don't even need a scale for that...yikes! Good luck in your search and I'm glad to hear that A seems more content even though his reflux is still an issue. Once you get that squared away, you'll have one happy kiddo!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So he is 11.4 lbs and 21.5 inches at 8 weeks. He was 5.10 lbs and 19 in at birth. Is that a decent amount of growth for 2 months or is my kid a pygmie.

She totally called him fat as well....even pointed out his triple chins :(

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, sounds perfect to me. N was 6lbs9oz at birth and 12lbs14oz at his 2 month check.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH-- you can find growth charts online where you can chart what %% they are for everything. I do this in between visits now that J only goes in every 3 months.

I think that 21.5 is ok for 8 weeks? And 11lbs doesn't seem that big either. I think J was like 10.5 at 8w and he was only like 40% I think??

Def find a new pedi. Seriously 11 vs 16 doesn't take a medical degree to figure out that is wrong. It's a huge difference.

Does the fact that he was born early factor in at all to how he should be growing? I have no idea--J was a day late so he's pretty much on the 40w schedule.

Around this time is when A might have a spurt in height, so if he seems really fussy at some point, more than usual and sleeps a lot and eats alot he might spurt in height. Sometimes when J seems a bit squatty to me then he'll spurt and seem too skinny. I think that they grow in weight first then height?

And I hear you re: DH thinking that plopping the kid in something means babysitting or whatever. Sometimes I come home and J's in his playpen or his walker and I'm like how long has he been in there?? And G Says oh he doesn't seem to fuss. And I think well that's because he knows it won't get him anywhere. Maybe I'm too much of a a sucker?? haha--but he only stays in that stuff like 10-20 min for me and then he is like MOM I WANT OUT in no uncertain terms.

viz...I totally agree re: two parents working for us means a better life for J. Better long-term too not just short. But if it ever came down to it, we could be ok on one salary. Not crazy wonderful ok, but ok. But I'd prefer to work PT even then... just because I think working makes me a BETTER Mom... I get some me time and some challenging solving work problems time...and J gets some 'all about him with a loving nanny'' time as opposed to 'what are some of the 5000 things i need to do around the house' time like when I am home all day. ::)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know he sounds on track. I must have inputted the numbers wrong into the calculator I used. It said he was in the 13th percentile for weight.

I think my kid is delirious. He's sleeping in his bouncy chair and keeps randomly and intermittently sobbing, smiling, and "talking." Like one second he's sleeping, then breaks down into full sobs, then smiles and starts talking/cooing...all while sleeping.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1289596881|2763723 said:
Good to know he sounds on track. I must have inputted the numbers wrong into the calculator I used. It said he was in the 13th percentile for weight.

I think my kid is delirious. He's sleeping in his bouncy chair and keeps randomly and intermittently sobbing, smiling, and "talking." Like one second he's sleeping, then breaks down into full sobs, then smiles and starts talking/cooing...all while sleeping.

Maybe in his dream, momma keeps walking away, coming back, walking away, coming back.

cara

Ideal_Rock
HH, Silas is a big one, he was 14.5 lbs at his 8 week check earlier this week and that was 98 %ile. 16 lbs for an 8 week old is *really* big, your doc should have been like ?!? cause that is quite a feat for a boy that started at 5some pounds versus 9some pounds.

However it sounds like Aiden's growing fine, he's put on a great amount of weight since he was born. 11.4 lbs looks like ~25%ile for a 2 mo old, length is maybe 2-5 %ile, but I'm just eyeballing the growth chart so take those with a grain of salt. Also the length measurement is really error prone until they start standing, depends a lot on how much stretch you get on them. They actually had Silas at 22" at birth in the hospital and 21" at his 5-day old visit, so I'd not put too much stock in the length measurement. You can repeat it at home if you want.

But definitely look for another pedi! If that one can't tell the difference between an 11 lber and a 16 lber (and doesn't believe you when you question it) well. I wouldn't trust them! Hopefully one that will also take A's reflux more seriously.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1289597833|2763735 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1289596881|2763723 said:

Maybe in his dream, momma keeps walking away, coming back, walking away, coming back.

I always wonder why they cry in their sleep. It makes me feel terrible. My DH once said that maybe in his dreams, someone gave him a bottle, and then took it away. And that makes ME want to cry. My poor baby.

HH, I hope you find a new pedi. This one sounds ridiculous. (I want to another R word, I am sure you know which, but I will refrain.) I hate when they try to just pretend something isn't happening because THEY don't agree with putting baby on meds. Some babies need it, whether they like it or not! And I think A could use some help. Poor little guy, I'm sure he is just as frustrated as you are.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HH~ Rule of thumb is baby should double birth weight between 4-6 months. A is totally fine. And, having a big baby is still the same rule of thumb, so my 18+lb 4mo old is also fine. (she'll be almost 20lbs when she doubles birth weight.)

RE: crying during sleep. I researched this when JT was a babe and I remember seeing something that said babies dream of their mothers and they cry when the mother goes away. I always said when JT was smiling he was seeing giant bottles and when he cried they were running away!

Lily gets 4 mo shots on Mon and sees ped on Tues. Then she sees card next Mon. I don't like spending so much time in dr offices.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
PSA on Britax Carseats on Diapers.com

My friend just posted on Facebook that she got Britax car seats for her babies for super cheap! Britax Roundabouts for $106.00 and Marathon 70s for $153.00! Here are the codes: 20BRITAX and BRSHOW3. I think yo u have to use both.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
AllieLuv83|1289678724|2764655 said:
PSA on Britax Carseats on Diapers.com

My friend just posted on Facebook that she got Britax car seats for her babies for super cheap! Britax Roundabouts for $106.00 and Marathon 70s for $153.00! Here are the codes: 20BRITAX and BRSHOW3. I think yo u have to use both.

car-seat.org said they already fixed it, so both codes wont work anymore.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Good thing I snapped it up before they fixed it! It shipped out due to arrive on Tuesday.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Allie!! some Moms got a great deal...congrats!

so I'm calling the advice nurse to make sure that J's cold isn't some weird thing that I should be concerned about. It's day 11 that he's had a snotty nose and light cough. But he's acting so normal that I feel silly to be concerned. Eating, sleeping, playing, pooping normally. Just perpetual snot and a cough once every few hours. I almost wonder if he didn't get another cold while getting rid of the first--but so hard to know.

Other than that, two things to report. First off is that he's started WHISTLING! He doesn't do it on purpose but he's totally pursing his lips and blowing through them in the right way to create a little whistle. So cute. He loves when we whistle to him. And secondly, my Mom plays this Spanish version of PattyCakes with him about making patties/pancakes and we were doing it yesterday morning with him and I showed him how to clap his own hands together and then I did it again and he did it as well (just putting his hands together once). SO FRIGGIN CUTE. So now I'm trying to get him to move them together repeatedly. So fun.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the wkd!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: Can you send J over to teach me how to whistle? I still don't know how to!!!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! So our little family all flew to the Midwest for a conference my husband is attending, and I am so glad we did! We rented this awesome loft near the conference center (crazy nice for the price) and I've been hanging out here with little Silas... Who is really not a newborn any more! He smiles and coos, we go back and forth making this uooooh sound to each other, occasionally he says something that sounds like hi and we say hi back to him! It is a little lonely during the days with just the two of us here, but S. loves looking at the ceiling in the loft - really high ceilings with beams and pipes and old floorboards up there. And we've taken him out in the cold all bundled up a few times.... he looks at us like we've lost our minds for a few minutes and then promptly falls asleep. I do wish that the snap n go we bought would just go ahead and break already cause one wheel is already on the fritz and it is *such* a pain to push, then I could go buy the maclaren version I wanted to get the first time around.

Opps, missed the deal. I did spend a lot of time yesterday trying to figure out which convertible we should get when the time comes, guess I waited a bit too long for that deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results