shape
carat
color
clarity

New Daussi Reset ... Well, Sort of!

cliniquelove83

Rough_Rock
For those who don't know my story, my FI proposed about 6 months ago with an estate ring ... unfortunately the Daussi setting it lived in had some wear and tear (band was crooked and thinned out from resizing, the stone was too big for the head, head was set too low, etc). I had my jeweler tinker with it to no avail and it ultimately came down to accepting the setting as it was or investing in a completely new setting. The issue was that I absolutely love the original setting and had a hard time picturing my cushion in a different style ... so we ultimately decided to purchase the exact same setting directly from Daussi. Yes, strange, but completely worth it in the end! You can look through my previous posts but the difference is pretty significant, the stone sits up quite a bit higher and gets even more light. I finally had a day off work and was able to snap a few pictures, it's pretty dreary weather today but I did the best I could!

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00201.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!!! :appl:

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful and is soo lovely on your hands! Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty on your hand ::)

And that setting is a classic, I'm not a bit surprised you fell in love.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!! That setting is just perfect :bigsmile: I'm glad you're 100% happy now.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very happy that you were able to get a new setting. Honey, dreary weather day or not, nothing could kill the beauty of that diamond. It looks perfect now!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
This setting is absolutely beautiful, so I don't think a repurchase is strange at all! Congratulations on your beautiful new/estate piece :bigsmile: It looks amazing on you.

PoshPrincess

Rough_Rock
VERY PRETTY!!!!!!!!!! I love how the prongs look like they are hugging the stone. 8)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely, very nice!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!! Enjoy the new setting!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful. Enjoy!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
You have a very beautiful ring.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Your ring looks amazing :appl:

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
It was worth getting the same setting - the ring is gorgeous !

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The setting is absolutely perfect for your cushion and for your hand. (I remember the first setting and thought it was perfect. )So glad you chose to go with what you love and stick with it! :love: :love: :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay I am so happy!!! I am happy for you and I am happy for me lol I am happy that cushions over 2 carats can be successfully and beautifully put in 4 prongs :)

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It's so gorgeous! So happy for you that you were able to get it reset into a more perfect version of the setting you love. :appl:

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! That's the perfect setting for that stone. Looks stunning! =)

reader

Brilliant_Rock
That cushion looks like light itself in that setting. Wonderful!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, delicate setting! Makes your diamond look even bigger!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I have a couple questions - I really love this setting and your stone and the two together :) I liked it before the reset, but I like it even more now and I didn't know if that was possible!

My questions have to do with technical issues - specifically - from finger to table, what is the height? Using a ruler to aproximate is fine... also, what is the width of the prongs? I don't think those look big at all (of course with a big stone you have more leeway haha) and everything I've ever heard is that for 4 prongs on a large stone they have to be huge - those are not huge! I love your ring :)

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I have one word for you: AWESOME!!! congratulations on your gorgeous ring!! :o

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cliniquelove83|1289162417|2757708 said:
More pics ...

absolutely stunning!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra|1289656315|2764291 said:
Hey, I have a couple questions - I really love this setting and your stone and the two together :) I liked it before the reset, but I like it even more now and I didn't know if that was possible!

My questions have to do with technical issues - specifically - from finger to table, what is the height? Using a ruler to aproximate is fine... also, what is the width of the prongs? I don't think those look big at all (of course with a big stone you have more leeway haha) and everything I've ever heard is that for 4 prongs on a large stone they have to be huge - those are not huge! I love your ring :)

Clinique - I had the same questions as Cehra as well. I'm wondering if this setting will work for my cushion.

I :love: that profile and I keep coming back to your pictures. Please post more if you have them.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Two carats and over of happiness for the eyes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results