shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Mamas,

Little N had her first days in daycare. I don't go back until Monday, but we used two days this week as a warm up. I was having mini emotional panic attacks leading up to that first drop-off, but when we actually went in she was so smiley and content. She just seemed comfortable which made me feel much more at ease with the idea. I hung around the neighborhood which is a shopping mecca in order to kill the three hours and beef up my return-to-the-office wardrobe. I normally don't enjoy buying work clothing, but add on trying to find pumping appropriate/perhaps a size larger than usual ::) Bah. Anyway, I stopped into a baby store to pick up a little something something for my bunny (if you live near a giggle, it is a lot of fun) and saw the babes out for their morning walk. so freaking cute. sitting in this triplet stroller, just chilling. such a big girl. nearly teared up as I was telling the shop girl that it was my daughter's first day, yadda, yadda yadda . . . Picked her up and she was still all smiles. We went back yesterday for about five hours and again she did really well. and slept really well both evenings. Though, I'm sure that we'll experience more of an adjustment when her days are full-time.

Seeing that we were on a roll with other people watching our kid ;)) , we've secured our first babysitter for tomorrow night. oh yeah. lulu's hitting the town :bigsmile: We don't have family in the area, so we've only ever been out one other evening when my mom watched N. Now that she has a very consistent evening routine/bedtime we feel comfortable having someone else come over. There's an au pair in the 'hood that has been with her family for nearly two years, came highly recommended, watched other kids, etc, etc. We met her, love her and now we're going out! can you tell I'm excited. ha!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BF question for you guys…so I’m back to work and pumping during the day. I pump twice then call MIL at the end of the day to see what time DS last ate to decide whether I should pump a third time or wait to nurse when I get home. DS eats either 2 or 3 times while with MIL for a total of 8-15 ounces. My pumping schedule is:

6:30am 7-9 ounces (after I nurse)
9:40am 7-9 ounces
1:00pm 6-8 ounces
4:00pm 6-8 ounces (only pump if it looks like DS won’t make it until I get home to nurse)

As you can see, I’m pumping way more than the 8-15 ounces per day that DS needs while with MIL. I’ve been freezing the excess but honestly don’t know what I’ll do with it since I always have enough *fresh* milk. I’m afraid to pump for less time because I would think it would impact the fore/hind milk ratio and I’m afraid to pump less often because I nurse full time on the weekends and I don’t want my body to get off schedule.

What do I do?

- pump less often
- pump for shorter periods – will this impact balance of fore/hind milk?
- Just stick with the current schedule since oversupply isn’t really a “problem”.

PS – I feel VERY fortunate to be asking about my abundance of milk and not an undersupply.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zulily has halo sleep sacks on sale for $12.99 today. Keep in mind they usually take a week or two to ship.

ETA - coupon code of GAF6745 saves $5 of $50 too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pupp I read they were only small and medium?

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
puppmom said:
BF question for you guys…so I’m back to work and pumping during the day. I pump twice then call MIL at the end of the day to see what time DS last ate to decide whether I should pump a third time or wait to nurse when I get home. DS eats either 2 or 3 times while with MIL for a total of 8-15 ounces. My pumping schedule is:

6:30am 7-9 ounces (after I nurse)
9:40am 7-9 ounces
1:00pm 6-8 ounces
4:00pm 6-8 ounces (only pump if it looks like DS won’t make it until I get home to nurse)

As you can see, I’m pumping way more than the 8-15 ounces per day that DS needs while with MIL. I’ve been freezing the excess but honestly don’t know what I’ll do with it since I always have enough *fresh* milk. I’m afraid to pump for less time because I would think it would impact the fore/hind milk ratio and I’m afraid to pump less often because I nurse full time on the weekends and I don’t want my body to get off schedule.

What do I do?

- pump less often
- pump for shorter periods – will this impact balance of fore/hind milk?
- Just stick with the current schedule since oversupply isn’t really a “problem”.

PS – I feel VERY fortunate to be asking about my abundance of milk and not an undersupply.

Hmmm, not sure I know what would be best. I'm attending a class on Monday for pumping for moms who are returning to work. It is taught by a LC who returned to work herself with both children and continued to breast feed them for two years. She will answer all kinds of questions, so if I learn more about your situation I'll definitely pass along the info.

In the short term, however, I think I would continue doing as you are since you've only been back to work about a week, right? It doesn't happen to everyone, but I have heard that after you get back to work for a little while the amount you yield from pumping may decrease a bit. However, it does sound like you have quite the ample supply.

When you nurse, does he feed from both sides or only one?

I've been building a freezer stash myself, and I do wonder if I will need all this milk. I just pump around 9p or 10p since he's been consistently going to sleep earlier, and then I pump in the middle of the night when DH has feeding duty. With each pumping session I usually get 8-10 ounces so the freezer was getting full. We actually recently bought a chest freezer for all the BM. I'm hoping we make use of it all! I know people do use some when their kids start solids for mixing ...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
6 months

pupp - i'd keep pumping.

turtle - re: bm + solids, we starting solids right now. i'm using bm to mix with the sweet potatoes, avocado, etc. one thing, if you're freezing food, you have to use fresh bm. you can't use frozen bm, thaw it, mix it in and freeze it again with the food. just a thought.

--

so, we're on the look out for a day care/preschool for em to start when she's 12 months old. so difficult. i don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but at the same time, if we're paying for care, i want her to be getting good stuff there. not a do-nothing-but-someone-is-watching-them place. sigh. we have one in the running. we a couple of others we are considering. both probably out of budget though. we'll see. one of those 2 places wouldn't give me a price on the phone. that surprised me. i have to meet them in person to get a price since it could change depending on discounts, etc. grr. big turn off. big. they are having a family day/open house this weekend and we're going to try to go though. since we don't know anyone where we live, it will be nice seeing other families/kids. plus we could maybe talk to people to see if they like the school. we'll see. i want to write them off because of the pricing variation, but hubs thinks we should check it out still. the other place looks super awesome, is brand new, but i haven't heard back from them re: pricing and if they have a 2 day program that we're looking for.

mere - what toys did you pick up for c? we're needing some more interactive toys too, but don't want to buy a buttload of them.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday mommy's!

Here is my BPF contribution. A lot of you have probably already seen it, but I love it.

monkey1.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG he's sooo cute! I need to pull together Aidan's costume today.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are two BPF's for me...

not sure in what order they'll post but one is J at the pumpkin patch this week and then a less flattering picture from yesterday when he visited for our Halloween party at work when he was getting irritated with his super hot chicken costume and wanted to be picked up, lol!

not much to report here other than J is 9 months on Monday and we have his 9mo appt on Tues. he's sleeping great, eating up a storm and generally just adorable and super fun and giggly. i think his other bottom tooth is working on getting closer to surfacing, so maybe another 2 weeks and it'll pop out.

J pumpin cute small.jpg

chicken little unhappy.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been MIA. The PPD came back and hit hard within just a couple days of stopping the Zoloft. I got back on it yesterday and am hoping to be feeling better soon. I was thinking that the moods were just my hormones falling back into place, but when I starting bawling over DH washing JT's hair, I knew I had to call the doc. i hadn't realized how bad it had gotten so quickly. I stopped sleeping and eating again and was just shaking. ugh. JT asked if "Mama and Daddy are broken." I hope this sh!t goes away asap.

Very cute pics of all the babies the last couple weeks. This post is about all I've got in me for now. Have a great weekend!

cara

Ideal_Rock
SS, ugh on the PPD. Glad you recognized it and got back on the meds swiftly.

Mara, J is supercute! I think we have that mummy shirt in your second pic. Maybe I will have to dig that out of his drawer for the occasion.

Opps, gotta go change a diaper!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS, sending you hugs. I hope things get easier!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Hi moms,

Shiny - I'm terribly sorry that the PPD has returned, but I hope that you're feeling better asap.

Pupp - it sounds like things are going well back at work and I am so envious of your supply. Mine has always been sufficient, but I'm not sure with my return to work, whether I'll be able to keep up EBF. I have a freezer stash, but my pump volumes could be better. I started taking fenugreek a little while ago and have seen some improvement.

mara - what a cute little chicken you've got there. I kind of hacked up N's costume because it was enormous on her. I'm not super crafty, so it could have turned out better :bigsmile: but she's so small this year, I figure we'll do something a bit better next year.

monkey - micah looks p.r.i.c.e.l.e.s.s.

jcrow - hope that you find an excellent program for em - your gut will let you know which one is the right one!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AFM, I'm still living in denial about going back to work on Monday and am instead choosing to focus on the weekend!!!

here are some pics (one from the pumpkin patch and another selected from the series "Nora finds her toes"

Happy Friday!!

npumpkins.jpg

norastoes.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mara, J looks IRATE in that first one. Like he is on the verge of howling. But his costume is just the cutest! I love it! And his shirt in the second pic is adorable.

SS, I am so sorry about the PPD :(( I'm glad you recognized it right away and you're taking care of it.

Lulu, Nora is just such a DOLL. She has the perfect babydoll face, with those huge blue eyes. And her smile in the second is just so sweet. She's beautiful!

I am kind of grumpy today. DH was supposed to bring Micah to work so I could bring him into the potluck and walk around to let everyone see his costume. But he had an interview at 11, and was unwilling to drive to my parents and back with him just so I could have a fun day. When I saw all the other babies and kids the others brought to work I was so upset. I kind of feel lately like I sacrifice ten times more than my husband and he just acts like doing anything for me or the baby is an inconvenience. I know I'm just pouting but I really wish I could just have one day where I did what -I- wanted, instead of revolving my life around what everyone else wants.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hugs monkey. i totally understand where you are coming from and how it must have been even harder to see all the other little ones w/o micah. boo (hahaha)

and thanks for the sweetness about my girl ::)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ss hope you feel better soon!!

lulu that pic of nora with her toes is priceless!! i love your photos.

mp lol yeah he was NOT happy at that time. he turned all red like a second later and was about to squeal but i picked him up. and some dodo sat on his pacifier. who SITS on a pacifier? and then he was like oh what's this when he found it. and sorry about not having M at the party... i would be upset too. hugs. and love that pic of M.

thanks cara... that shirt is so cute! i have been dying for J to wear it and it didn't get 'cool' here til recently so i busted it out for the pumpkin patch trip.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my little guy snoozing, he is 2.5 weeks in this picture taken yesterday :)

74117_882776756232_9105265_47329916_2477562_n.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, so it ate my post when I tried to attach a file to big! Err... reconstructing...

Allie, how adorable! He's so new and little. Seems like mine was just at that stage, but is filling out so quick!

Nora smiles! And her eyes...

And those ears on monkey's monkey! (Wait, is he a monkey?)

Well here's my monkey having a bit of a meltdown as we tried to stuff him into his pea pod costume. Which is not going to actually fit unless we make so alterations, ie. cut some footholes or something. He doesn't fold up fetal like he used to!

SilasPeaPod1.jpg

SilasPeaPod2.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
AFM I am up needlessly after a middle of the night feeding stressing about daycare. Really I will pay for this tomorrow, and maybe I am just stressing over nothing. Or at least stressing over a decision that I know is the one we have to make.

Background is that hubs and I have spent a bunch of time since Silas was born trying to sort out daycare options for when I go back to work. We got on the wait lists for on-campus, pricy daycare back in the spring (we live right next to the university we are both employed by - though most days I will be commuting to an external site ~40 min away.) However there was no guarantee that we would get off those wait lists, so we looked at several home day care options and private centers, with the private centers being equally pricey relative to the on-campus ones. (I'm not exactly sure how we are going to afford it, but that's another matter.) We ended up ruling out the home daycare places, though they were usually cheaper and several looked like they provided good care, because of convenience factors like hours, vacation closings, and location. My husband is in doctor training and if the place doesn't have longer hours that would force me to be doing both pickup and dropoff almost everyday. My job is more flexible, but I still should be working an 8 hr day at least, and I will probably need to be looking for a new job soon so having some flexibility in day care drop off seems necessary.

We had just been offered a spot at a private center this week that I was really liking - it is home day-care sized (only 12 kids total, infants and toddlers), reasonably close, staff seems nice and warm and right personality for taking care of super little ones, and one of our close friends has their son there, so they could get to know each other as they age. Also several little things like they provide all the solid foods once they start on those and will work with cloth diapers. Only drawback was really the 5:30 close time to their hours, meaning I would have to leave work some days at 4:45 and my husband would be less able to do the evening pickup. But the morning start time was early enough for either of us, and we've had several people point out that once the kiddo gets an earlier bedtime that 5:30 really will be on the late end of things for him if we are to get him home and to bed on time.

Then we got offered a spot at one of the larger on-campus centers that is a little closer to our house (and more convenient for my husband's route-to-work) and with much longer hours. And I think we have to take it for those reasons, but I am just sad over the choice and stressing about it. We have visited the center and I think he will get good care, but the place is just a lot more institutional feeling. And some of my objections are stupid - the florescent lights, the astroturf in the outdoor area, switching to disposable diapers after figuring out how to make cloth work for us, our future packing lots of little meals everyday for our toddler while obeying the no nut zone rules. And the staff seems good and competent, but I just didn't get the same lovey-dovey feel from them that I got from the other place.

Anyway. I am definitely having some kind of emotional reaction. Maybe it doesn't help that my leave is half over and I don't want to think about handing over so much of his care to anyone. But there it is.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, the pictures are SO CUTE!

Question for you formula mommies. I know I've had questions about quantity before, but bear with me. Since Aidan went on formula 2, almost 3 weeks ago, he's been eating often but in tiny increments. Almost snacking. He rarely puts down 3 oz and it's a challenge to get that much into him even over an hour. I thought he was just adjusting to formula after being on BM and then he went into his 6 week spurt. Now we're coming out of that and he's still eating like he's cluster feeding all day long. Even after taking a nap of a few hours he'll only take in an ounce or two at the most and then wants more an hour or so later. Any advice on how to get him on a more regular feeding schedule? The pedi said that at 7 weeks he should be eating at least 3 oz in a sitting and I'm not sure if this is all because of the rice cereal and formula thing? I was also wondering if it could be the flow of the nipples we're using? We're using level 3 Dr. Brown's to account for the thickened formula.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am not sure what to tell you HH. Little C still gets some formula from time to time, when I don't have any more breast milk to give to him and he still seems starving. At 3 weeks he happily guzzles down 3oz+ of breasmilk but very rarely takes more than 2oz of formula and usually spits some of it back up. We are on Enfamil so I am not sure if maybe it doesn't fully agree with his little belly. Is formula heavier than breast milk? I guess my point is that I noticed that he will drink less of formula than breast milk. How much BM would A take prior to the switch?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH I have no real advice on how to get him to take more in one sitting. J always only fed like 6-7x a day almost from birth so he was never a big cluster feeder. Can you maybe skip a feeding and then see if he takes more at the next one? Or try to cut out the ones where he is not that interested and only takes like an oz. Maybe he's not that hungry then? At this point his tummy should be big enough to accommodate more. Does he get distracted? If so, try feeding him in a darkened room with no stimulation.

Cara I am sorry you're having a hard time. It is hard to think about someone else caring for your kid. I also had the mini-mental-freakout while on leave as it dwindled away. Honestly the way you describe it, I would want the other more homey daycare as well. Is there any way you guys could try that for a while and see if it works? Because I would much rather feel 10000% on board with the place, knowing that I might have to make some schedule adjustments and dealing with it, than putting him in a place I am not totally on board with because it's easier.

When we were thinking about daycare or nanny, I knew I really wanted nanny care for lots of reasons even though it is more expensive (though actually some of the more exp daycares around here are more than what we pay for our nannies). We had to make some sacrifices, not saving as much as preferred and also one of the nannies I have needs to leave at 2:30 2x a week and I just come home early and work from home and work a bit at night after J is asleep. Basically I need my job to work with me for now, because this is a short time in my life where I need some flexibility. Actually starting next week G will come home one day and I will come home one day which is perfect.

I know your jobs may not have a lot of flex, but I would at least try it to see if you guys can make it work. At least then you will know if you absolutely need the other daycare or not. and love the picture of S.. he's like WTF Mom I'm not a squishy newborn anymore!! Love the mummy top!

It's rainy and ugly today but I'm heading out this morning to meet my 2 other friends with babies around J's age (one 2 days older and one 6 weeks younger) for some pre-Halloween breakkie. We may try to get pics of our boys in the costumes but we'll be at a restaurant so not sure how that'll work! Greg has a rowing race today so he left at 6am and won't be home til about 3pm. Then later we'll meet my Mom for an early dinner with J as a late bday celeb for me.

Oh and I am super excited...my sister is in the UK for schooling this semester (abroad program) and we have been really missing her. The other day at work J saw a girl that to me looks a lot like my sister and he was just enamored with her. It really broke my heart because I feel like he is remembering my sis and she won't be home til Xmas. I know it's not THAT far off but we checked flights and found some that are not too expensive so I emailed her and offered to bring her home for Thxgiving. She of course was ecstatic, so we'll book this wkd and J will see his auntie for 4 precious days in just a month. YAY! It is J's first Thxgiving and it just wouldn't be the same without my sister--it would be her first away from us. I know she is growing up and may eventually move away for good to live her life, but I figure not just yet. :bigsmile:

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
cara said:
AFM I am up needlessly after a middle of the night feeding stressing about daycare. Really I will pay for this tomorrow, and maybe I am just stressing over nothing. Or at least stressing over a decision that I know is the one we have to make.

Background is that hubs and I have spent a bunch of time since Silas was born trying to sort out daycare options for when I go back to work. We got on the wait lists for on-campus, pricy daycare back in the spring (we live right next to the university we are both employed by - though most days I will be commuting to an external site ~40 min away.) However there was no guarantee that we would get off those wait lists, so we looked at several home day care options and private centers, with the private centers being equally pricey relative to the on-campus ones. (I'm not exactly sure how we are going to afford it, but that's another matter.) We ended up ruling out the home daycare places, though they were usually cheaper and several looked like they provided good care, because of convenience factors like hours, vacation closings, and location. My husband is in doctor training and if the place doesn't have longer hours that would force me to be doing both pickup and dropoff almost everyday. My job is more flexible, but I still should be working an 8 hr day at least, and I will probably need to be looking for a new job soon so having some flexibility in day care drop off seems necessary.

We had just been offered a spot at a private center this week that I was really liking - it is home day-care sized (only 12 kids total, infants and toddlers), reasonably close, staff seems nice and warm and right personality for taking care of super little ones, and one of our close friends has their son there, so they could get to know each other as they age. Also several little things like they provide all the solid foods once they start on those and will work with cloth diapers. Only drawback was really the 5:30 close time to their hours, meaning I would have to leave work some days at 4:45 and my husband would be less able to do the evening pickup. But the morning start time was early enough for either of us, and we've had several people point out that once the kiddo gets an earlier bedtime that 5:30 really will be on the late end of things for him if we are to get him home and to bed on time.

Then we got offered a spot at one of the larger on-campus centers that is a little closer to our house (and more convenient for my husband's route-to-work) and with much longer hours. And I think we have to take it for those reasons, but I am just sad over the choice and stressing about it. We have visited the center and I think he will get good care, but the place is just a lot more institutional feeling. And some of my objections are stupid - the florescent lights, the astroturf in the outdoor area, switching to disposable diapers after figuring out how to make cloth work for us, our future packing lots of little meals everyday for our toddler while obeying the no nut zone rules. And the staff seems good and competent, but I just didn't get the same lovey-dovey feel from them that I got from the other place.

Anyway. I am definitely having some kind of emotional reaction. Maybe it doesn't help that my leave is half over and I don't want to think about handing over so much of his care to anyone. But there it is.

Cara...I know how you feel. We signed up C for daycare just the other week. He will be 14 weeks when he starts. I sat in the parking lot and cried, I cried in the office while filling out the paperwork. We decided to go with a daycare center as well but it is privately owned, not a franchise. We visited the Goddard School and it was just so business like. The center we are sending Charlie to has a very small turnover rate with teachers which was a big plus for me, and it came very highly recommended by a coworker. The daycare directors little boy will be starting in the infant room at the same time as Charlie, they are only 4 days apart. Plus they offer video monitoring from home/work which makes me feel a little better because I figure if they allow that they don't have much to hide. I know the feeling though of leaving your little one when you want so much to just be with them. We can't, as a family afford for me to stay home. We just have too many student loans, rent, etc. Plus we would like to continue to save for a house. I am a teacher so my hours are not insane. The latest I would pick him up is 4:15 on any given day. I am also looking forward to summer vacation together.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I guess I'm just going to have to try and get him to go longer between feedings and hope that he eats more in that sitting.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Mara & Cara-R those outfits from Gap? J has the purple one with the cat and the moon! Beautiful pictures! I love them!

Mara-J is so beautiful! He is soooo BIG now! Does he stand on his own? Hehe! Love it!

MP-I wanna squezze Micah! Que guapo! (how cute!)

This pic is from last sunday @ the pp! I thought this pic was funny! J just tasted the grass! ugh! :rolleyes: ;))

jfunnyface1.jpg

drk

Brilliant_Rock
All the babies are so cute, as always. Here's K in her Halowe'en costume.

Kara bunny small.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg i love the photos... hahaha!!!

babies in Halloween costumes are A.DORABLE!!!! drk i love those bunny hands hehee! what type of shoes does she have on?

mtj..he will stand on his own sometimes now, but he likes to be 'holding' onto something 90% of the time still. love the look on your J's face!! our J kept trying to eat the straw at the pumpkin patch and putting leaves in his mouth!

and yeah those are gap shirts. i was just in there today and i think they are on clearance. i saw the black cat one.

speaking of baby gap i went in to use my groupon and was ecstatic to find that this one i went to let you use it against sale prices, whereas the other one i went to last time wouldn't let me. so i got like $100+ of stuff for $15 (+25 for groupon). including a SUPER cute zipup fur lined hoodie with little bear ears...sooo cute.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Evan is officially 1 today!!!

We have our little party for him today at my parents house.....I'll post some pictures later on today or tomorrow.

I just can't believe he is one! I can't believe how much my life has changed and I can't believe we kept him alive and happy!!!

Also, Happy Birthday to Viz's little man also, Charlie!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
happy birthday evan and charlie :appl: :appl: :appl:

and so many congratulations mamas tao and viz!!!!

I know that today will be so special!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I've been reading but haven't been in for a while because I'm so ridiculously behind in catching up with everyone. So I'll just jump right back in...

LOVE all the BPF pics!! Especially the ones with the uncomfy faces....lol...is that bad? :Up_to_something: Mara - that chicken pic is sooo hilarious!! Love J's expression!! :bigsmile:

mtjoya & Cara -love the pouty pics too! :bigsmile:

drk- I can't believe how big K is now! She's so adorable in that bunny outfit. :love:

By the way, did her eczema clear up?

tao- :appl: happy birthday to evan! And congrats to you and the hubs!

SS = sorry about the PPD.... :blackeye:

cara and jcrow - I sympathise with you on the daycare struggles. Our friendly neighbourhood daycare lady moved two weeks ago so I had a rush to try to sort out a place for D. Typically most places where I live (in the Caribbean) have openings and the rates are very reasonable (like $25 US a week), but it was still hard to try to decide among the different options - the larger, institutionalised but structured and overwhelming ones, the smaller, 'homey' but more unstructured/unregulated places etc - so many pros and cons to each one. It was a tough decision! I think we chose the place that was right for her in the end, all things considered. It's on the way to work and has a beautiful yard and good structure/stimulations, but on the downside - a lot more children than D is used to. there HUGS- I know it's not an easy decision when there are so many factors involved.

And then there's the mommy guilt... :blackeye: I really struggled with that this week. With our neighbourhood daycare, I used to be able to pick up D for lunch and feed her, which was great, since we got to see each other during the day. But I can't do that anymore since it interrupts her new daycare's routine. It just feels so strange dropping her off early in the morning and not seeing her again until the afternoon....It's such a long day without her. I'm sure she misses us a lot too. :blackeye: It's hard. I'd love to be able to stay home if we could afford it.

Anyhoo....

Shoutouts to vizla, amber, and FlSteph, and anyone else I've missed! :wavey:

viz - is it charlie's birthday this week too?

D is doing well - she was 11 months yesterday. Wow, time is flying! She's very busy trying to get into every possible thing that she can...I'm afraid for when she starts to walk! She's started to realize that she can stand on her own for a few seconds before falling - when she falls she laughs her head off in delight. She is such a funny baby! Still very feisty, but she loves making faces and having fun. DH and I are always cracking up around her.

She's good at taking finger foods now, except that she also thinks she can finger feed herself off the floor. :errrr: I'm trying to sweep everyday to keep the crumbs to a minimum...but gosh, she keeps finding stuff!! Old pieces of bread that fell off her highchair, leaves off the houseplant, and other random household bits and pieces. DH also caught her the other day with an insect in her hand about to eat it!! :-o

We don't celebrate Halloween here, so no Halloween pics to show...but here are two pics of her playing peekaboo (with her hands) while eating yesterday.

DSCN0767_002.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results