marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, what fun!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64 said:
Wrong thread, actually wrong forum altogether! Sorries all around!!!

No worries monnie!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady said:
OMG FUN!! Aww.. and.. love love love your necklace & those fantastic earrings!

Thanks so much SDL. I'm not over the vintage look yet, even though I've been collecting pieces here and there for years.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
So that's why so many of you went to NY. I'm so glad you guys had a nice time but as an excluded customer, I feel excluded.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Kaleigh said:
monarch64 said:
Wrong thread, actually wrong forum altogether! Sorries all around!!!

Nah, we knew it must have been meant for another thread, didn't think of another forum... Hope you gave it to them, LOL!!!!! :wavey:

hahaha... now I want a link to the thread that was meant for :devil:
Haha! Totally! Who was getting rocked? :naughty:

Steal-I have to agree with you on this. I've thought about posting this for several days, but didn't want to be seen as raining on someone else's parade or sour grapes. After seeing your comment, I feel compelled. I love Whiteflash, and I think it is wonderful they hosted an event like this where everyone could meet each other and have a fun evening out, BUT.... How do you feel as loyal customer living in that area who was not invited? This was a nice customer appreciation event, but not a very good marketing tool. They have possibly alienated half of their PS customers in the tri-state area (maybe more). Who makes the "cut"? (pun hehe)

I'm in the South, so I'm not offended, even though I was up in the NY area that day. They have my updated address and if they were to host one in the South, I'm not sure how I would feel if I weren't included. (Oh geez, I hope I didn't just sign myself up for a "pity" invite if this happens!)

It's a really nice idea, and the invite system may have been completely arbitrary, so I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions here.

All the more reason we need to have a PS convention over a long weekend in a big city where everyone could meet! (Vendors, too!)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steal said:
So that's why so many of you went to NY. I'm so glad you guys had a nice time but as an excluded customer, I feel excluded.

Steal, hun. I had absolutely no idea you were in the area before I started talking about heading to NYC. I would really have loved to have met up with you when I was there. Especially given our interaction in other areas. :twirl:

As for the invitation process, I don't actually know where exactly you are located, but speaking for myself in my position managing a customer and prospect database, sometimes searching and sorting by area codes or zip codes or states isn't a completely perfect science, and more often than I like, I miss people (people I really had intended to invite, and I end up scratching my head for a long time trying to figure out why I missed them) just because they had a +1 in front of their phone number or the last 4 digits of their zip code was smooshed up against their main zip, or if the state was spelled out (incorrectly) rather than entered as an abbreviation.

I don't presume to know how WF sorted through their customers, but I have done this sort of marketing for a software company for a very long time, and I wanted to suggest an explanation that always causes me to miss a person or two (or entire towns :???: ) in my efforts to reach out to a desired geographic target area. I take for granted that people may not be aware of something so simple being the reason for a missed invite; not willful neglect.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
It looks like everyone had a great time!

Threadjack**

Lauren, I absolutely love your ruffle top in the pics! Would you mind sharing where it was purchased?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
heb said:

Threadjack**

Lauren, I absolutely love your ruffle top in the pics! Would you mind sharing where it was purchased?

Thanks, HEB! It's actually a cheapie from Forever21 from a couple of years ago.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
heb said:

Threadjack**

Ha, guess I'm outta luck! Thanks LTP! :wavey:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
heb said:
LaurenThePartier said:
heb said:

Threadjack**

Ha, guess I'm outta luck! Thanks LTP! :wavey:

LOL, I seriously tried looking for "ruffle wrap top" and got nothing like that one, unfortunately. Wish I could find another reasonable facsimile of it in black (and not sheer). :tongue:

The funny thing about this top is that before it was washed, the collar was pleated and looked a bit like it had a clown collar. But once washed, the pleats turned into really pretty ruffles.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal said:

I of course don't work for Whiteflash, but I just wanted to suggest that anyone who would like to be included in future special events, should call or email Renee at Whiteflash, give her your contact information, and ask to be put on the list.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the people who felt excluded. Since I only live 100 miles from NYC, I felt a bit slighted. They should have emailed people for whom they didn't have addresses in order to invite them. I don't believe it should be my job to contact Renee in order to give her my address.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Our intention was never to exclude anyone, and I'm sorry some of you felt that way.

Since we weren't actually promoting this event, perhaps some of you who felt excluded may not have realized this was intended to be a small regional Greater NYC-metro event (and what we hope will be the first of several small regional events).

Since Steal is in Europe and Siamese Kitty notes she's from the Southeast, we didn't consider those locations to qualify as Greater NYC-Metro.

I will also convey that we erred on the side of caution with our outreach. We've been dragged through the ringer here on several occasions over the last few years by people who were offended that we dared to reach out to them as past customers, and we have learned well from those experiences. We understand that our well-intentioned efforts may be seen as offensive by some.

Accordingly, if we have any reason to believe that our contact might not be welcomed, we will err on the side of caution and refrain. The best way to make sure you're included in future events in your region is to let us know that you'd welcome hearing from us and/or the opportunity to join us.

If anyone has concerns/questions and still feels slighted, I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss that personally offline. You all know where to reach me, I trust. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results