shape
carat
color
clarity

What could be wrong with these diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

romeo457

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. About 6 months ago, I purchased a pair of diamond earrings online. The diamonds looked great when I first got them except for a few small inclusions. But now, 6 months later, very visible black spots have appeared within both of the diamonds. I''m thinking they could be carbon "black spots," but from what I have read online, I''ve read that carbon black spots don''t just appear out of nowhere. If this IS the case, then what could these black spots that suddenly appeared be? I greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks very very much.

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
I could be wrong, but are you sure they are within the diamond? If they are in earrings or a ring and are worn often, they could just be dirty and have grease/dirt/buildup underneath the stone. Try cleaning it at home or having it professionally cleaned...i'm pretty sure it's just dirt.

romeo457

Rough_Rock
Actually, I am definite that it is within the actual diamonds themselves. Here is a picture of one of them:

http://www.geocities.com/montague457/IMG_0719.JPG

If it's not dirt, then what can these black spots within the diamonds usually mean? Can anyone help? Thanks very much in advance.

ib40.5

Rough_Rock
Possibly the inclusions were not as evident when the diamonds were very clean. When the surface of the diamonds becomes dirty, it is often easier to see into the stone. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results