shape
carat
color
clarity

What Do You Think Of Spacer Bands ?

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i have a 1.5 solitaire Ering and a shared prong eternity Wring.
i have heard a few times that they will damage each other too much since they arent soldered together.
i like the look of having a traditional Ering and Wring but dont want them damaged.
does anyone have a spacer ring, what do you think of it and can i see pictures?
thanks ladies in advanced

Steel

Ideal_Rock
They are an absolute necessity IMHO.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I agree they are a necessity, and they will save your set. I had one from Danforth Diamonds that was a perfect match for my old knife edge engagement ring and four stone wedding band, and you could hardly notice it. That said, they can feel like you have a lot of rings on your finger. Pics below.

edited to fix captions

spacer1.jpg

spacer2.jpg

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Hi :D

It is only necessary to have spacer bands with shared prong eternity bands, right? I bought a bezel eternity band because I was scared my shared prong would damage my setting. Am I okay with a bezel band?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Metal will rub on metal, but it won't do nearly the same damage as diamonds will - Kiki, you should be find with your bezel band.

Steph, I think spacer bands can actually be quite elegant and subtle - it gives you a stacking look without cramming your finger overful or distracting from the primary bling. I quite like the very slim spacers of 1.5 to 2 mm.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Circe said:
Metal will rub on metal, but it won't do nearly the same damage as diamonds will - Kiki, you should be find with your bezel band.

Steph, I think spacer bands can actually be quite elegant and subtle - it gives you a stacking look without cramming your finger overful or distracting from the primary bling. I quite like the very slim spacers of 1.5 to 2 mm.

Agreed Circe! I use a spacer to keep the milgrain on my wedding band from rubbing on the gallery of my engagement ring. Currently it's a rose gold rope band from Sally, but I like the idea that I can swap it out for new looks if I want to without re-setting my ring. Wedding ring is 3mm, the spacer is 1.2mm and my engagement ring band is 1.5mm. It's a very manageable total width for my finger.

mz_3487.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamond against diamond is a MUST! Diamond against metal it's prob a good idea. Metal to metal is just life.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ts44 said:
Circe said:

Agreed Circe! I use a spacer to keep the milgrain on my wedding band from rubbing on the gallery of my engagement ring. Currently it's a rose gold rope band from Sally, but I like the idea that I can swap it out for new looks if I want to without re-setting my ring. Wedding ring is 3mm, the spacer is 1.2mm and my engagement ring band is 1.5mm. It's a very manageable total width for my finger.

ts I really like your set and the little pop of color that the spacer adds. it goes together really well without being matchy-matchy.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I originally got a 1mm thin 14kt spacer band to go between my ering and eternity, and I didn't like the look. It served its correct function, but I think it's important to remember that the spacer band is AS visible as your other 2 rings, which you probably spent a great deal of money on. I would caution against getting a "cheapy" spacer band, as I feel it can cheapen the look. Just think carefully about the kind of band you want to go in between. I would make sure that it is a similar depth as your ering. Or consider getting more of a "stacking" band look by adding a channel set or bezel set band. If you just want a plain band, make sure that it is similar in quality to your ering, if that makes sense?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can see mine in my avatar. I know I have posted pictures of it in other threads before. I had two previous upgrades and
my shared prong eternity damaged the setting both times, within a matter of a few weeks. My first setting was a w-prong from
white flash and the second was a semi-bezel setting. Both times the eternity put big dents in the sides, gouging out the metal.
I was not willing to take that chance again. The options for me were either have the eternity ring made over with smooth sides,
or get a spacer custom made to fit my ring.
I chose to have one made for my ring. The benefits are a much sleeker profile, and a much less noticeable ring. I have a 2mm
platinum spacer as well, but the flatness of the band does not quite keep the head of the e-ring from ever touching the eternity.
Although the ring Leon made me is very thin, it cups up slightly around the head, fully protecting it.

If you absolutely don't want your e-ring damaged, I would opt for a spacer. If it is a temp setting, then you could take the chance.
No one would really notice the damage unless I pointed it out, but it really bothered me.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for reference, in my avatar, my e-ring is 2.2 mm, and the eternity is about 3 mm, with 10 point stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results