shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Mozambique paraiba tourmaline in Leon Mege French cut ring

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Mozambique paraiba tourmaline in Leon Mege French cut ri

This is amazing - love the color of the paraiba, the gallery details, the tapered french cuts and the double claws/double prongs! Truly exquisite. :love: :o

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

STUNNING.

Im not much of a colored stone fan, but the color of this stone!!!! It DOES remind of the Caribbean waters :love: :love:

Congrats on a such a beautiful piece!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning, stunning, stunning!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Art Nouveau said:
Hi All: Thank you again for all your nice comments. I have waited a long time to own a paraiba ring and I love it. The color is not the most expensive 'windex' color, but I actually like a bit of green which makes it look more turquoise, one of my favorite color. The stone is mesmerizing, and quite dangerous when I am driving. It glows when the light is behind me and I can't help staring at it.

Gorgeous! I too love the bit of green. The color of your stone is my favorite for this type of tourmaline. I can imagine how distracted you are wearing this stunning jewel. Be careful driving!

You take great photos-would love to see more.

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock

:cheeky: need a bib

LGK

Ideal_Rock

Haha, oh man if I ran into you randomly wearing this I would probably embarrass myself by just staring at it for minutes at a time, speechless. It's amazing- I really love the tapered french cuts! And yeah, colored stones are rarely things that truly capture me but... oh yes, this one does. Perfection!

And nice Lalique rooster tray too- a gorgeous ring deserves a perfect holder :tongue:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

THUD....BE STILL MY HEART!!! This beauty goes to the top of my most favorites list!!! PERFECTION!!!

Lori

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HOLY GEEZ! :-o That is truely divine. I now believe THIS is my new FAVOURITE ring on PS. :love: :love: :love:

You are so blessed... :saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Another stunning piece to add to your collection. Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a beautiful paraiba tourm :love: the setting is a lovely complement!

I want to play in your jewellery box AN, you have so many gorgeous pieces - and now one more!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you everyone for your great comments. I feel fortunate to have this ring. I only have 2 more photos to share, one taken on a green and purple Daum dish and one that I got from LM showing the french cuts with the loose stone. He has a weird sense of humor as he put a smiley face on the stone with black triangles.

Asscher_girl: We definitely should do a GTG before Christmas. Would love to see everyone's new bling. I believe AG is back in SF

Little Grey Kitten: I picked up the Lalique rooster dish at a local antique show years ago for $50 or less. I am not sure if it is meant to be a ring holder, but that's how I use it.

Coati: Thanks for saying I take great pictures. Actually I only know how to do point and shoot in macro mode with the flash off. I have to thank you for this ring. I started to look for a 'paraiba' type tourmaline about 2 years ago, but gave up when I couldn't find anything I like within my budget. When I saw the picture you posted of the tray of gorgeous paraibas from the JCK show, my interest was piqued again. So I started my search again and was lucky enough to find this one, which is more affordable because it is blue/green rather than blue. Of course it is not comparable to the best windex paraibas from Brazil, and some people may consider it just a cuprian tourmaline and not a paraiba, but it's good enough for me. I think this stone has what Richard Wise call a good 'crystal'. The inside of the stone looks like liquid velvet. Sometimes, when I am outside, and the light hits at a certain angle, the facets seem to disappear and all I see is the turquoise color.

AN

french-cuts-layout.jpg

IMG_5706 s2.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

AN,

Your stone is the same color that I would love to have. It reminds me of the color of the sea where my DH and I honeymooned in the Bahamas. This is just divine and I'm really excited and happy that you have aquired your dream ring!

I'm going to put this color tourmaline on my wish list and might be able to come up with a beauty of my own some day. Your ring is my inspiration!

Lori

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

Hearting Diamonds and Loriken214: The Caribbean sea is exactly what the color of my tourmaline reminds me of, and that's why I like it. I have always liked this color. Just before I left Hong Kong to go to college in the US, my mother wanted to buy me some jade jewelry. Stupid me asked for turquoise instead. The jade prices have gone sky high since then, but the tourquoise in my brooch has changed color.

Forgot to mention french cuts, especially the tapered sets, are hard to come by. I was browsing at my local high end jewelry store last week and found out the owner has been dying to get his hands on some french cuts to make custom pieces, but has been unable to find them anywhere. I guess that's why they are so expensive. They are vey beautiful and different from other diamond cuts. I see big flashes coming off the stones, especially the first trapezoid. I am glad I decide to use them for this ring instead of another halo or 3-stone.

AN

slg47

Ideal_Rock

AN-I keep coming back to look at this one. It is truly a stunning piece. Enjoy it in good health!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Wow, what a beautiful ring, so stunning!!!!
:love: :love: The french cut sides are wonderful and the setting is devine, a great compliment to your fabulous center stone... I could get lost in the color of it.
Gorgeous!

bebe

Ideal_Rock

Your ring is stunning. I love everything about it. Leon certainly nailed it - gorgeous setting and of course,
masterful design and craftsmanship. Yummy claws.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Holy crap that is an amazing ring! :love: :love: :love: That stone is the perfect color in my opinion and the gallery is probably the prettiest I've seen. Love it!!!!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock

OMG, deeelish! It's like the ocean, on your finger. It's simply stunning! :)

tberube

Brilliant_Rock

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

That is one of the most beautiful stones I have ever seen in my life. Hands down. WOW. Lucky you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enjoying looking at the photos of this beautiful piece of art. Thank you for sharing.

Those french cuts are to DIE FOR.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Absolutely stunning :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

:-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :love: :-o :love:

Hera

Ideal_Rock

Wowwww!!!!!!!!! That's one of the most amazing rings I've ever seen!!! It gave me chills! I love the color of the Tourmaline, especially it's touch of green.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock

masterpiece

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Stunning gem and I love the french cut diamond ring. :appl:

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock

:-o :-o :-o :love: :love: :love: :love: plop goes kribbie onto the floor.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ArtNouveau-I love love love your gorgeous ring! Just when I think I have enough Leon's (is there such a thing) and I don't need
another thing, I see a ring like yours and I WANT!!!!! It is stunning, and a beautiful piece of art. I love the color of the stone,
so much more than the all blue pariaba. It is a gorgeous color and doesn't look like topaz. I know the blue is prized but this
color is just so much prettier! Congratulations and enjoy! Is this a ring you can wear everyday,(for hardness of the stone) or
do you have to give it special care?

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you everyone for your enthusiatic responses. I am very happy to have another Leon masterpiece to call my own. The French cuts are TDF and worth paying the high price. I would like to thank Harriet for bringing French cuts to my attention. As far as I can remember, she was the first one to post loose French cuts on Pricescope. I thought they were interesting, but I didn't realize their full potential until I saw Leon spin his magic with them in his masterpiece creations.
luv2sparkle: I would say this is not an everyday ring and I have to be careful when I wear it. It cannot be cleaned in an ultrasonic. Since it is a heated tourmaline, it tends to be more brittle. I was concerned that the stone may get chipped during setting. But Leon was careful with it and gave it back to me in perfect condition. He cleaned it by hand and did not use an ultrasonic.

AN

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is just breathtaking, drop dead gorgeous!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock

AN, it is absolutely GORGEOUS. I love the color and how Leon designed your ring, with the French cut diamonds. What a knock out ring you have... LOVE IT. :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results