shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire, emeralds and topaz. Oh my.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I really need to adjust by gem buying to gem setting ratio. I managed to set one gem but acquired 3 more.

First up, I set my pink-orange sapphire. I set it in pink gold with 2 small OMCs (about .15cts each). The bezel on one diamond looks a bit wonky but then the stone is a bit wonky too.

kiz-padring3.jpg

kiz-padring2.jpg

kiz-padring1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next up are the emeralds. I purchased the 1 carat one and the half carat was a freebie from Dana. They're both a lovely shade of green.

kiz-mcgemerald4.jpg

kiz-mcgemerald3.jpg

kiz-mcgemerald2.jpg

kiz-mcgemerald1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here are all my emeralds together. They're pretty well matched for color although the smallest is rather windowed.

kiz-3emeralds2.jpg

kiz-3emeralds.jpg

kiz-2emeralds.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And lastly, the pink topaz. It's a beautiful shade of pink, slightly purple-pink. There are some inclusions but I can't say that I notice them overly much.

kiz-pinktopaz3.jpg

kiz-pinktopaz2.jpg

kiz-pinktopaz1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its so nice to know that I'm not alone in my affliction. I was just getting back above water and had figured out a financing plan for a ring I want made when once again I threw the ratio off by buying more stones. My affliction is becoming quite pronounced around anything orange and anything blue green, mainly garnets and tourmalines with a sprinkling of sapphires, zircons and miscellaneous cool stuff thrown in for good measure. What's one to do?

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I like it because oftentimes I think diamonds take away from the center colored stone, but in this case, they really seem to complement it. It is simple and streamlined. Good job! Now that was the sapphire, where are the emeralds and topazes, oh my? Please more pics.

ETA: oops, I see, here they come now :oops:

-Minou

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are quite lovely. I love the glow the emeralds give off - do you know what your plans are?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks minousbijoux and MTG!

As to what to do with them? I think that's my whole problem, I almost never know what I'm going to do with the stones I buy and these are no exception.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely.

The emeralds could be set just like you show them on your hand! Angelina Jolie would be proud to wear that.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Kismet, you have been busy! You've got such a unique setting for the sapphire, and that pink topaz is quite interesting too (is that the one from Dana, too?). But those emeralds are just amazing, I love the glow on them. Maybe do a pendant with them, or a pendant and a ring?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very nice!! I'm on my laptop (in the freaking airport...ugh!) so I can't see the pictures of the sapphire that well. dunno, maybe a pendant for the emeralds? Whatever you do, you know they'll look their best in yellow gold.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring, and other lovelies!! I just love the green of an emerald!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love how low set the ring is, and it plays well into the colour of the sapphire. Yummy emeralds; I can see it as a 3 stone drop necklace exactly the way you laid it out on your hand! Is the pink topaz untreated? If so, that's quite uncommon, especially in that size.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring! The shape of the stone is unusual, funny, I have been looking for something of such a shape for one of my projects.
I love the emeralds! I, too, have Dana's emerald and think they are wonderful!

Since my emerald from Dana is of unusual (long rectangle) form like one of yours, I thought about bezeling it and wearing as a pendant with a tiny (cognac?) diamond dangling from it. At first, I thought, lavender spinel as a dangle, I have a small cushion, but no, the size is too large. It is easier to set the regular emerald-cut in a ring - I do not have an emerald of "typical" cut, if I did, I'd position tiny diamonds, maybe cognac, on two or four angles, it would make an unusual statement.

These stones are definitely worth setting...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I do like the shape of the ring but I'm kind of regretting not prong setting the stones as the sapphire darkened a fair bit. I love the job he did with the rose gold though... pink but not coppery looking.

The emeralds do look good all together but I don't think I'll set them in a pendant. I really want the large one in a ring.

According to Dana, the pink topaz is untreated but that hasn't been independently verified.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice collecion. I really like the ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the ring a lot better Kismet. Very lovely! :love:

-A

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and yours gems are very nice.

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
Kismet, I like how you've set your sapphire!
Simple but it's a more unusual ring setting.
and those emeralds are a lovely colour =)

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Kizmet, I know this is an old post, but I like your east-west marquise ring very much and was wondering what the dimensions of the center stone are?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
bluebirrrd|1291093038|2782458 said:
Kizmet, I know this is an old post, but I like your east-west marquise ring very much and was wondering what the dimensions of the center stone are?

Thanks Bluebirrrd! It's 8.1 x 3.7mm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results