shape
carat
color
clarity

Think I've found my dream ring, second opinions please...

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock
Hi, I've been researching to possibly trade up my emerald cut to a 2 carater. I've been visiting PS for months believe it or not, shame on me for not joining earlier lol. I wanted to go for something classic, not too busy, possibly a 3 stone look. I've been to the artofplatinum website and saw a few things that were nice.
Based on the post by a couple people here I contacted another seller and had a phone conversation with him and was sent a few emails of their work. One ring really floored me. I was wondering since, this is probably going to be the last upgrade for me (for a while at least), whether this theme is trendy? Basically in 2 years is this style going to go the way of the Dodo bird? The things I really like about it 1. The side stones, there's 4 of them (I was considering 2 in the beginning) but it looks really neat. 2. Workmanship seems to be excellent (love the "eagle claw prongs"). 3. The band part of the ring has diamonds as well 4. It's got a lot of diamonds but doesn't seem busy to me. Am I wrong?
Thanks everyone in advance

12.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Think I've found my dream ring, second opinions please..

I really like this ring. Are there any other photos from different angles and may I ask what the price is?

As for trendy, it doesn't strike me that way or over diamonded. I think it's blingly without being overwrought. Nice lines. But it's hard to tell from just one angle, you know?

Lislis89

Rough_Rock

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the channel set baguettes.... they are exactly what I want in my e-ring..... this ring is STUNNING! A little different to what I have in mind for mine but as missydebby pointed out its not too overdone, It highlights each stones good points and the lines are gorgeous!

And definately pop up some more photos if you can of different angles! purely for my enjoyment! :love:

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE THIS RING! It's different but classic-- I really don't think that you can go wrong.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a beautiful ring, I dont think you could go wrong :cheeky:

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock

I have another shot that they sent me. I guess you can't completely be sure from a couple of photos but they mainly do custom designs and I can change the ring to anything I like. They're completely hand made too, talking to the seller, he went out of his way to describe how they don't do casting on their designs. I could go with a plain band but I think that makes the ring a little bit more special. Actually, now that I think about it I don't think I'd change anything. I was quoted 4500 for the ring. I could have a halo added too but maybe that's going a bit overboard imo.

11.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I really like it :) I don't think it's too busy, but I think if you added a halo to that particular design it would be too much. I would probably make the sides of the band plain, but that's just personal preference. Who makes it?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock

I think it is very classic and will not go out of style.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

slg47 said:
I really like it :) I don't think it's too busy, but I think if you added a halo to that particular design it would be too much. I would probably make the sides of the band plain, but that's just personal preference. Who makes it?

I agree. I would prefer the band just taper in to the sidestones. The channel set stones are okay, but the round ones on top seem to compete. Again, personal preference only.

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock

slg47 said:
Ditto about the halo. I actually like the side stones though how they match the side stones and the center stone. Victor Canera makes it, www.victorcanera.com.. I saw two other rings of his here and decided to give him a call. The center stone is another story, 2ct F color. I'm not sure if that's the exact price range we're going to get into or notfor the center. I have to do my own research on that side:) I guess it makes a difference what setting you're coming from. I have a plain solitaire right now and I've gotten tired of it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That ring is a total classic and will never go out of style. Skip the halo on it, that will make it trendy. I prefer not having the rounds on the sides, but personal preference to me. Very very pretty!

tigian

Ideal_Rock

I think the ring is absolutely gorgeous! I think a halo might be a bit much. I love the baguette sides and think a baguette wband would make a great set. Timeless!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock

I love it as is - no halo. Very classic and elegant.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty setting. Have you thought about whether or not you will be wearing a wedding band with it? With stones on the sides you'll want to consider scratching. Personally I wouldn't wear another ring with it but if you do, make sure you know how it's going to look and how close a band will come and where it will rub.

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock

Hi, haven't really considered a band. I don't see how it would work with this ring anyway. Maybe by making the band curve around the center somehow. All in all I think, this is probably going to be the setting we're going to go with unless something else comes up but honestly I'm dreaming of having this ring on my finger.:)

katedrac

Rough_Rock

Hi, I think the mounting is beautiful. I don't think it's trendy and no imo a halo would be overdoing it on this particular ring. On a simple band yes but on a 5 stone ring I think it would make it too busy.
We actually met Victor over a month ago at his shop. You're not going to be disappointed with the quality, he can be almost obsessive about hand made jewelry. I got a 3ct round in a halo that I posted here a while ago, you could probably see it if you look under my username or something. Good luck.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock

I love it! :love: No halo, just as it is. I don't wear a band with my upgrade.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock

beautiful ring, DO IT!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring and I like it just the way it is.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOve it! No halo for me and no rounds on the shank. Love it!!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

I think that is a classy, elegant ring that will look lovely for a very long time!! :appl:

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone, it's nice to get a confirmation from others of what I thought of it. We're going to be ordering the ring but haven't decided whether to get the center stone that's on it. It currently has an F color very high purity stone. So I have to do my research on the stone part of things but for the mounting I've stopped looking.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock

I like it a lot! When it's on you won't see a lot of the details on the sides . . it won't look too busy.
It's beautiful IMO!

Zappy

Shiny_Rock

Clean and classic--it's a beautiful choice! As for the center stone, see how much they would charge you for their center stone and look around at loose stones in that price range. You might be able to find a better deal.

:appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

That ring is stunning! It looks soooo crisp, clear and icy white! :love:

anitabee

Shiny_Rock

i absolutely adore that ring. i LOVE emerald cuts. i used to have one, myself, but ended up trading it up due to the obvious inclusions.

an absolutely fabulous ring!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

I love it! very classic without being mainstream. I think a halo would be too much and im not sure about the round diamonds on the shank but I love the baguettes down the shoulders!!

Tiffany223311

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone. Well yes I'm definitely not going to do a halo on it. I'm looking for a center stone right now. I don't know if I'll be going with the stone that they have on the ring at the moment. It's a 2ct f color internally flawless even though they're giving us a super price on the center (it's a bit too high possibly in purity for our budget). I understand that we should probably be going for a cleaner stone on an emerald cut because the facets make the inclusions show up easier but I think a VS1 or a VVS2 would be more than enough.
I've been thinking about the ring almost on a daily basis now and I know it's the one. Let's see what we'll do with the center. Here's another shot that they sent me of it.

122.jpg

Angietaren

Rough_Rock

I signed up just to say that the ring is amazing. I don't think you should change anything about it. Definitely no halo.

Since I've been looking for a re-mount for my 2ct round. I contacted Victor, with the intention of having a ring similar to yours made without the side stones. He talked me into using french cuts instead. My ring is going to be ready in a couple of weeks. I'm so nervously happy:)
Good luck.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

motownmama said:
LOve it! No halo for me and no rounds on the shank. Love it!!!!!
Ditto!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results