shape
carat
color
clarity

Household chores that hate you

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Is there a chore that you have to do and it seems like it conspires against you? I dont really like any of them, but I HATE hanging clothes in the closet. Those hangers! They insist on grouping up and making it next to impossible to get one from the group. I know that I take the clothes off the hanger nicely, but when it is time to hang them up again they are all messed up. Sometimes I get so aggravated at them I just yank and yank until the offending hanger has no choice but to break and free the rest of them. Whew sorry. Vent over.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
They all hate me. That's why I had a cleaning lady. After the recent drama I think I will have to attempt household chores again.

I especially hate having to hang out washing. My SO is very enviro-conscience and I'm cheap, so we rarely use a tumble dryer. But I'm so lazy with hanging out washing that sometimes it stays in the washing machine so long it needs to be rewashed... Which means even more work. ;(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Folding Shirts. I cannot, for the LIFE of me fold a shirt. Especially with long sleeves.

I also have a horrible time with laundry. Where oh where do all of my socks go? I was just given six pairs of socks... I know where two are.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ironing. I just cannot do it.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
Folding Shirts. I cannot, for the LIFE of me fold a shirt. Especially with long sleeves.

I also have a horrible time with laundry. Where oh where do all of my socks go? I was just given six pairs of socks... I know where two are.

I can't fold a shirt to save my life either!!

On a few episodes of Big Bang Theory Sheldon has this shirt folding contraption thingy. Very simple with perfectly folded tshirts! Everytime we see it my husband tells me I should get one. :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All of them. I suck at all things domestic.
The good news is that marriage / cohabitation = a 50% reduction in responsibility for chores. I should have married way, way sooner.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
putting silverware away. I hate dishes, most of all putting them away. The silly contraption the better half bought for dish drying is the bane of my existence. The silverware slips through the slots and falls into dirty dishes/the floor and have to be re-washed. That's why I let them stay there until you can't fit anymore in the silly thing. Eventually it gets emptied, but hardly by me.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is organizing misc stuff around the house. that is why we're still half unpacked. i stuck all the boxes in the closets. out of site, out of mind!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
cat poop :knockout: Cleaning the litter box is the only chore that FI and I argue over.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I hate the vacuum cleaner; and it hates me. I think it laughs at me too. Sitting in the box, it looked so innocent and efficient. But it lied. I long to take it to the vacuum cleaner graveyard and start a relationship with a new vacuum. This time it will be different, this time we will get along juuust fine...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Nothing in my house wants to get put away. Ever. It all wants to roam free and absolutely HATES to be tied down. In fact, my belongings conspire against me so that they don't have to be put away - the TV sucks me in, the dishes run and hide, and my clothes have told me - I mean, assumed human form, took me by the shoulders and TOLD me - that they much prefer to live in the dryer or the hamper. It's their natural habitat, they say, and I shouldn't arbitrarily force them into closets or dressers. Who am I to argue?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
princesss said:
Nothing in my house wants to get put away. Ever. It all wants to roam free and absolutely HATES to be tied down. In fact, my belongings conspire against me so that they don't have to be put away - the TV sucks me in, the dishes run and hide, and my clothes have told me - I mean, assumed human form, took me by the shoulders and TOLD me - that they much prefer to live in the dryer or the hamper. It's their natural habitat, they say, and I shouldn't arbitrarily force them into closets or dressers. Who am I to argue?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This sounds exactly like my belongings! I don't like arguing with them either :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best thing I ever did was having lots of kids. I am now a supervisor and not a worker. :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Maisie said:
Best thing I ever did was having lots of kids. I am now a supervisor and not a worker. :bigsmile:

Love that. My mom still tries to make me clean....

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Laundry and I get along just fine. You could even say we love each other. All other house chores hate me, they gravitate towards my husband though, he shows them plenty of love for both of us.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie said:

Teach me! I've been driving around w/the back of my truck full of their toys for the last MONTH b/c I kept taking things away that they wouldn't pick up. Pile of stuff in the garage too.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Vacuuming. And we have a dog. Boo.

I also only hang up the clothes in my closet every other week. For a week I leave one stack of shirts sitting on the floor. I don't mind putting clothes away in drawers though and I actually like doing laundry.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm OK with regular weekly cleaning, but doing the seasonal cleaning is hard for me. My body hurts so badly for weeks when I'm washing windows, putting the blinds in the tub and shampooing carpets. It actually takes me six weeks to clean this little house from top to bottom, and during that time, I'm often crabby about the whole thing.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl said:
I'm OK with regular weekly cleaning, but doing the seasonal cleaning is hard for me. My body hurts so badly for weeks when I'm washing windows, putting the blinds in the tub and shampooing carpets. It actually takes me six weeks to clean this little house from top to bottom, and during that time, I'm often crabby about the whole thing.

lol, I thought I was the only person who put their blinds in the tub - no one else I know does that! High-five, gemgirl!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
The dishes hate me. I'd rather go buy paper plates and plasticware before doing dishes. Good thing hubby doesn't mind doing them because otherwise they'd just sit in the sink for weeks on end.

I don't really mind doing other chores around the house - vacuuming, swiffering, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, washing windows, doing laundry - all fine. But not washing dishes. It just grosses me out and I would rather scrub the toilet with a toothbrush.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Hate doing laundry and putting it up. Towels and sheets I don't mind so much. But it's all the little things and all the folding and hanging.bleh !! Not crazy about cleaning bath tubs either.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I despise emptying the dishwasher.

I usually manage to cut myself on one of the knives, and I can't have DH do it because he's guaranteed to cut himself, while I at least have a small chance of escape.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
oh my goodness, radiantquest, when I read the title of your post the first thing that popped in my mind was hanging clothes in the closet!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Porridge said:
Ironing. I just cannot do it.

I totally agree! We tossed out our iron a couple years ago and we don't have an ironing board anymore either. We just throw things in the dryer if they need to be ironed.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani said:
gemgirl said:

lol, I thought I was the only person who put their blinds in the tub - no one else I know does that! High-five, gemgirl!

Right back at ya' cellentani. I HAVE to do it! I can't stand dust on the blinds and none of those contraptions that you stick onto your vacuum cleaner has really ever gotten them clean enough for me. I like real clean.... My husband thinks I'm nuts, but that's OK!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I really hate all of them...especially cleaning the shower. I would love to have a cleaning person come once a week, but the thrifty side of me just thinks that money could be in my pocket if I just clean the house myself. I guess more money for bling????

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Washing windows for sure. I swear no matter what I do, they are streaky.... I can't win.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
ooh, I love cleaning. It's like this great before and after and instantly satisfying. Which brings me to laundry. I hate laundry. It always goes it and comes back out looking the same. It makes me feel like I wasted the effort :cheeky:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Laundry...nuff said :(

I used to hate vacuuming but we got the dyson ball animal vacuum and now I vacuum twice a day for fun lol :razz: But seriously, anyone with animals should look into the dyson ball animal vacuum. Its more expensive but you'll never need another vacuum again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results