shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2010 7:26:28 PM
Author: lcom

This is my charm bracelet that I have had for years but this thread has inspired me to add new ones and I also just bought a 14k white gold one on ebay with one heart charm on it, more will have to wait awhile. It has also inspired me to start some for my daughters and nieces, I have 2 daughters and 5 nieces so I have started buying a bracelet a month, I hope to be ready by christmas.

This bracelet is from James avery, sterling with mostly travel charms from around the US, We love state and national parks and try to get a charm every one we go to, I love how the charms have the little banners on them! I also have a claddaugh from my recent trip to Ireland and the eiffel tower from our trip to France, The four round disks have my childrens names on them and they came with little birthstones (from etsy) but the stones looked like plastic so they are not on there, I also have my birthstone on there, peridot and I love this stone! I got it on ebay and it seems like most that I see are lighter green and I like the olive tones better and this is very olive. I also have hobbies on there, a canoe and kayak and a few other things.
...and you are a nurse? Lovely bracelet! For how long have you had it?

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Deb, I started the bracelet about 15 years ago on a trip to South Dakota at the Custer state park shop I got the bracelet and the pinecone and pine tree charms, I later changed the bracelet to a James avery because I like the safety chain. And yes, I am a RN.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Nice bracelet. I like vacation-themed bracelets, and when travel is mixed in withe other life charms.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
My current bracelet now has dozens of charms. I'll try to take some decent photos of it soon.

Keep the pics coming all. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings said:
My current bracelet now has dozens of charms. I'll try to take some decent photos of it soon.

Keep the pics coming all. :)

I'm glad you posted, ringthings. I have missed discussing charm bracelets. I will be watching for the update on your bracelet!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Charm bracelets really are fun. I'm debating when I'll begin a new one. My current one is so packed (but I like packed).
There aren't a whole lot of charm bracelet discussions online.. I looked! We should def keep it active here. :)

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
hope this photo attaches this time!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Boo.. that photo just wouldn't post. I tried to post it a dozen times.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend has gotten me this entire James Avery charm bracelet over the years. It all started with the spur (the rowel turns) that came from the mother ship in Kerrville, Texas.

charmbrac.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine! I started collecting in May 2009 and finished this past May. So, 1 year, total. All of them, including the bracelet, came from Tiffany and Co. Here are the ones I have and what they mean to me:

star - my first charm to commemorate my first ever publication,
Eiffel Tower - for our Paris engagement in 2003,
snowflake - for the wintery lands I once lived in,
Happy Anniversary heart with roman numeral 5 on back for our 5th (last year),
palm tree - for California, (born and raised)
Diana with "Courage" engraved on back,
Michigan Ave Street sign - for the 5 years I lived in Chicago,
T&Co tag - for my 2nd master's degree completion,
airplane - fear of flying,
crown - __ birthday (not saying which - lol),
shopping bag - what I do best,
dragonfly - they always show up in my life for some reason

CharmBracelet.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, texaskj and Tanzigrrl-

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely silver charm bracelets in this thread! I am afraid that no one was minding

the store (so to speak)! Part of the way in which I adjusted to the switch from Pricescope 1 to Pricescope 2 was to leave areas that

were once favorites and then to rediscover them. I am still adjusting, I'm afraid! And I haven't yet gotten back into the swing of

contributing to thre threads in Jewelry Pieces, even to my favorite Gold Thread and to this charm bracelet thread! But I love this thread and I am

so glad that some of you have kept it alive! Has anyone else been buying new charms for her bracelet lately?

PS-I, also, have charms from both Tiffany and James Avery. They are great places at which to find both charm bracelets and charms!!!

Deb/AGBF

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I've used up all the room available on my charm bracelet, I'm thinking about starting another one and collecting the Tiffany's enamel charms. They have a new ice cream cone that is so cute. I can't figure out which of these 2 bracelets I want to use. They both have clasp links so you can open each one to add a charm. One has an enamel (ribbon) of Tiffany blue and the other one has round rings. Any thoughts?

Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 8.46.21 AM.png

Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 8.46.37 AM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl-I just wanted to say that I had never before seen the bracelet with the enamel trim and I find it quite interesting. I am not making a suggestion as to which of the two bracelets you should buy, since I think that there are also pluses to having a neutral bracelet. It was just an observation. The blue appears to be the same blue as the Tiffany blue used in the cloth jewel and flatware bags and the gift boxes. Is it?

Deb/AGBF

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it's the "Tiffany Blue"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl said:
Yes, it's the "Tiffany Blue"

Kind of cool. (In my opinion, of course!)

Deb

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tanzi and Texaskj, I love your dragonflies! Tanzigrrl, I think I like the first one although like Deb said, that enamel is kind of cool. I would wonder about wear on the enamel.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decogirl said:
Tanzigrrl, I think I like the first one although like Deb said, that enamel is kind of cool. I would wonder about wear on the enamel.

Decogirl-

That's a good thought about possible wear to the enamel on a bracelet; it never occurred to me! Enamel on a charm is not the same as

enamel on a bracelet. The enamel on a bracelet is going to take a lot more banging, and it will probably not look very good if it is

chipped! You are a smart woman!

Deb/AGBF

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what to expect Re: the enamel. I mean, the links open on the other side and my current charm bracelet isn't scratched at all even with frequent wear. I like the idea of having an enamel bracelet to go with enamel charms, but it isn't necessary. I don't know. I'm still deciding

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl said:
I don't know what to expect Re: the enamel. I mean, the links open on the other side and my current charm bracelet isn't scratched at all even with frequent wear. I like the idea of having an enamel bracelet to go with enamel charms, but it isn't necessary. I don't know. I'm still deciding

Tanzigrrl-The only way the enamel could get harmed would be if you banged the bracelet against things. With a metal bracelet (gold or silver) you wouldn't have to worry about that; with an enamel bracelet you would. It depends on how you envision your charm bracelet, I think. If you consider it to be like any other valuable piece of jewelry and treat it gently, its being enamel wouldn't matter. (And it sounds as if you wear your jewelry gently if the other bracelet isn't scratched!) It's only if you plan to bang around in the bracelet and then pass it down to your daughter and grandaughter that you have anything about which to give pause!

Have fun choosing. I just want to watch you build it up with charms!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That's so sweet that you want to watch me fill it with charms. I need to regroup after another purchase I made, but once I do, I can begin pursuing a new charm bracelet. I'll post here and show you as I make progress. I'm pretty gentle with my jewelry. Surprisingly my silver charms aren't scratched. I wear a tanzanite in a ring, which is most often a no-no, and it is doing fine. I think I could try the enamel bracelet - it would be so neat to have that "ribbon" of enamel to go with the enamel and silver charms.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
adamlitmon|1298012572|2854544 said:
Hi! Awesome Bracelets with great and unique designs. Thanks for sharing it helps
me in purchasing for my wife. Thanks again.

adamlitmon-

I am so glad that you posted your comment since it resulted in the revivification of this thread! I hadn't even noticed the posting by DesertCat in which she put up photos of two different charm bracelets! I am so glad to be looking at charm bracelets again! I hope Whitby can return to Pricescope soon; her charm bracelet took the cake!

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Neil Jack

Rough_Rock
I also found my James Avery gold nativity charm bracelet here.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I want more picssssss :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice bracelets, rocksiegem! May we hear the stories behind them?

Deb/AGBF

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Rachel9|1263754971|2384678 said:
DH's grandmother gave us these rather 'unique' charm necklaces when I had my twins
6.gif
  the evil 'eye' is quite scrary! 
8.gif
At one point I thought of taking 2 bible scrolls, 2 crosses, 2 coins of M, 2 beads and 2 hearts to start fresh with a new 18k y/g charm bracelet, not really motivated at this point lol

I know the evil eye can be perceived as scary but it is actually meant to ward off evil and envy and protect one from the "evil eye" meaning the look often called the evil eye. It is called a Nazar and is a Turkish amulet, it is also very popular in Iran, Greece and Armenia. It is often gifted to new mothers and babies to protect them and their good fortune, which it sounds like you have had a double dose of :D congratulations. Does your husbands Grandmother have any roots in Eastern Europe? Even if she doesn't it a very lovely gift!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to post this--I'm so excited about it!! My boyfriend gave me this 14k yellow gold firefighter badge charm with a diamond set in the center for Christmas, and I finally took it in to be engraved. It's hanging on a gold rope in the box for presentation.

I began collecting charms after I inherited my mom's vintage charm bracelet from the 1950s. She never finished collecting charms for it, so I began collecting charms to finish it. I now have 4 additional charms that I haven't attached, but I need to have a couple links put in so it's not so tight and squeezy on my wrist (my mom was really petite, and I am not!).

I may wear this charm on a gold chain as a pendant for a while before I put it on the bracelet--the charm is such nice quality and the diamond is really sparkly!

These pics were taken with my iPhone. I'll take better ones when I get a chance--it has so much cute detail that you can't see in these photos!
badge%20charm%20with%20sparkle.jpg badge%20charm%20scale.jpg badge%20charm%201.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I could sift through this thread all night!!! SO MANY fabulous charm bracelets! I never get tired of looking at charms! Seriously, I could look at vinatage charms on eBay all day and night. I would die for a little jeweled slot machine charm!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

We need moreeee.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1301637517|2884883 said:
I just had to post this--I'm so excited about it!! My boyfriend gave me this 14k yellow gold firefighter badge charm with a diamond set in the center for Christmas, and I finally took it in to be engraved. It's hanging on a gold rope in the box for presentation.

I began collecting charms after I inherited my mom's vintage charm bracelet from the 1950s. She never finished collecting charms for it, so I began collecting charms to finish it. I now have 4 additional charms that I haven't attached, but I need to have a couple links put in so it's not so tight and squeezy on my wrist (my mom was really petite, and I am not!).

I may wear this charm on a gold chain as a pendant for a while before I put it on the bracelet--the charm is such nice quality and the diamond is really sparkly!

tuffyluvr, I had never seen this charm. I absolutely love it. I love the firefighter's badge because I have such a soft spot for firefighters, especially after 9/11. I am sorry that you never took more pictures of this charm or your other charms and got a picture of your entire bracelet up here. (Did you even buy a bracelet yet? If not, can we help you to choose one? Helping someone to pick a charm bracelet is always great fun!)

On the other hand, this thread has not been very active, so I can see why there would be little incentive for you to put up your photos! I hope you see the thread and return to it. In fact, I am glad ringthings has been so faithful to the thread and kept reviving it! I hope everyone who used to enjoy this thread will see it and return to it!

This used to be one of my absolutely favorite threads on Pricescope before the website was upgraded. It kept me interested in my charm bracelet and buying charms. (I have a gold charm bracelet and gold being the price it is right now-around $1880.00 per ounce-I hope I have the sense not to indulge my whims right now!) Nonetheless, I want to get my charm bracelet out again!

Welcome to the thread, tuffyluvr. Thanks, ringthings!
Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results