shape
carat
color
clarity

1.17 IF/G Review Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/8/2004 12:19:39 AM Rank Amateur wrote:

----------------
On 9/7/2004 5:56:22 PM fire&ice wrote:

Here's my advice. This stone is not for you. ----------------

You are likely right F&I. I was being contrary just to give the opposite viewpoint from the 'overkill' comments.

I also assumed that the poster knows that she is paying a roughly 75% premium to go from an SI stone to an IF with the same color. Maybe she didn't realize how big the hit really is. Maybe she didn't realize how far down the line you can go and still be eye clean. Maybe she didn't know that there are some great PS vendors and appraisers out there who can be her eyes and do the looking for her.
----------------

I thought it was clear from the posters comments that she thought that IF is the only way to guarentee that she gets something eye clean. At least this is how I interpreted it. Obviously, IF or even VVS would be overkill for this purpose.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/8/2004 2:19:28 PM crankydave wrote:

Aljdewey,

Fire&ice,

Her choice is unconscience? You wouldn't buy it is one thing,
Here's my advice. This stone is not for you.
is quite another.

I'll simply agree to disagree.

Dave ----------------

No, you are just arguing semantics. This is getting ridiculous. I don't think this stone is for her *because* she herself questioned the price. She herself expressed the desire for a 2c - 1.17 is a big difference. I've been around these boards long enough to have a pretty good handle on what posters are saying.

And, I'm not here to argue with you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
If you had read my post carefully you would have noted ......I didn't write that anyone was wrong.

No, you didn't write it, but telling people what questions they should ask before offering input is tantamount to the same thing. If F&I thought she needed such clarification before offering an opinion, she would have asked for it. She's certainly done it before, and she's not particularly shy about doing it again. Again, there was no need to clarify...it was evidently obvious to several people that she was buying the IF as a buffer, not as a desired preference.

And yet none spoke about any of the other properties of the stone. There is much more to see in/from a diamond than inclusions.

Untrue. Plenty of folks commented how beautiful the diamond was, etc.....they were speaking of the many properties of the stone collectively. Saying that the diamond looks lovely IS commenting on it's crown/pavilion/table, etc properties.

Yes, there is much more to a diamond than it's inclusions. However, THE POSTER HERSELF commented that she wanted a larger stone. (I point this out again because it seems like some of you either keep missing it or ignoring it.)

When I look at the properties of this stone that could be tweaked without visual sacrifice to get her to the larger stone....well, sorry, Dave, but clarity's where I see that adjustment potentially happening.

I personally wouldn't suggest dropping to an L color to preserve clarity...nor would I suggest dropping back on cut. That leaves clarity.

What she's being told (by several people) is: you CAN have the larger stone you desire if you drop back on clarity (which you've selected as a buffer, not as a preference).

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys... I think we scared dameisers away.... Let's let this thread rest so that if she does come back she doesn't have to see this mess (and we get to look at another pretty stone she finds)...

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
WHAT DO WE LOOK LIKE SCARY PEOPLE OR SOMETHING?
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
11.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results