shape
carat
color
clarity

Okay, how about these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twomiracles

Rough_Rock
This is in my thread below, but it was falling off the page. I''m thinking hard about the first one. What do you all think?

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00229949&filter_id=1

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idNo=384562

Thanks again!
twomiracles

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Well... the BN stone is rectangular-esque (LW 1:1.16) -just so you are aware & like that look since the WF stone is square....
Also, do you like the look of a big table? Is there any way to get the crown height from the BN stone? From the numbers, it doesn't seem like it'll be very high (10 or higher is best)...

The WF stone has "fair" symmetry - which i've never seen before... kinda scares me when its symmetry is only fair. Also, the girdle range is quite wide (thin-very thick)...

I wish I had more positive things to say about these two... any other ones you're considering?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
How about this one? ...don't forget, you get up to 5% off of WF's prices when you mention PS & pay in *cash*
1.gif

(Edited to add: the idealscope & crown height look great w this stone, as does everything else
2.gif
- IMHO, this stone will outperform either of the two above.)

.72 G SI

twomiracles

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion! I really don't understand much other than color and clarity so the other things you mentioned are totally greek to me. I just want a nice, white stone with sparkle. I'm going to hang out here for a few days and see what I can learn. Any other suggestions will be very much appreciated! If I wait a few weeks, I can pay cash, but my hubby will be disappointed if I don't get it before our anniversary. Oh, well, I guess he'll get over it if we get a better stone for the money.

Thanks so much!
twomiracles

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I believe you get 2 (possibly 3)% off just for mentioning PS.

There's a really helpful princess cut chart on Gem Appraisers - just click on the "AGA cut grade chart" & select princess & that should give you a general idea what to look for. The idealscope helps a lot too - f.e., on the G SI1 one i posted, white areas show light leakage & red/black are good - there's not much white on that bad boy which is gooood
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results