shape
carat
color
clarity

PAGING Rich Sherwood in the eye of the Hurricane.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Rich, I just read that HC is projected to make landfall in Sarasota.

Prayers for the safety of you and yours going out from me this afternoon.

Please check back in as soon as you can to let us know you''ve come through unscathed.
1.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Stay under the desk, Rich!

When I was down visiting my Aunt in St. Pete Beach last winter I looked at the hurricane shutters on her house and thought that they looked a little ridiculous. Now I'm thinkin' that they were a great idea.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Rich has my e-ring for appraisal and I e-mailed him just as the storms hit. I asked him if he was surviving the storms. He replied "Yes, we're organizing the party right now." I hope everything is okay down there.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! Rich here, reporting from the eye of the hurricane...

Actually, at the last minute the hurricane took an unexpected turn and hit landfall in an area south of us which wasn't nearly as prepared as we were. Bummer. I feel bad for those people.

We just got a lot of rain and the day off here. It was kind of nice, with the extended family all getting together here at the house and having a hurricane meal/party.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You bet it was, Garry! I try to keep that thing rocking and rolling all the time.

Hey, you want to see some pictures of the new office RV I'm picking up next week?

RV Pic 001.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Here's the former RV I used to operate out of when doing mobile appraisals.

That thing took me all over the SouthEastern US.

My favorite gig though was parking it next to the palm trees here in Sarasota, overlooking the Gulf. My clients would soak in the sun or dip their feet in the water while I appraised their merchandise.

Side- Front.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My my!
The things some people will do, and the lengths they will go, to defraud the taxation department of its rightful share of income to redistribute from the 'Rich' to the poor!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Rich:

OOOOOOOH, AHHHHHHHH!

It's great, really.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your office away from the office looks luxurious. If only my own office looked that comfy! I wouldn't mind a glass of that lovely red wine myself either.
naughty.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I'll second that by Patty..

SA-WEET!!

Glad you were spared by Charley.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Do you park it at the beach and catch a few rays in between appraisals?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Great Ride! Glad you are safe. Pity those people in Punta Gorda. Hurricanes suck.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Where's the microscope? Wait, nevermind, where's the beer cooler?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------

My favorite gig though was parking it next to the palm trees here in Sarasota, overlooking the Gulf. My clients would soak in the sun or dip their feet in the water while I appraised their merchandise.
----------------

HI:

Fab work (where do I sign up!??) I love Sarasota for this very reason--the beauty of the Gulf. Attended ARVO (association for research & vision in ophthalmology) several times when it was in Sarasota--not as much for presenting our research as it was for the weather and white sand beaches!

In all seriousness, I do feel for the folks who were in the path of the latest devistation.

keep well

Sharon

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Do you park it at the beach and catch a few rays in between
appraisals?
-----------

All the time. It's one of the things that keeps me sane.

I catch a lot of sunsets at the end of a long day too, sipping some wine.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Probably doesn't have power. Millions are out down there.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think Rich had the good sense to go on vacation prior to the current round of problems. If he has any idea at all how to do a vacation, he did not take his email with him. Two hurricanes within a month. Sheesh. It reminds me why I live in Colorado.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

madmarlin

Rough_Rock
From Palm Beach to Vero/Sebastian, it was pretty bad. We were on the south end of the eye wall and basically got pounded for a day here in West Palm. Freakin' storm just wouldn't move! Luckily for us, the south side is not the worst side. Still over a half million in Palm Beach county without power. Over a million statewide.

I still can't believe it was only a two. When the winds were howling early Sunday morning around 1:00, it got pretty dicey. I'm out of here if anything bigger comes this way again.

I hope those north of us on the Treasue Coast are doing well.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/15/2004 11:53:18 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Will somebody please oooh & ahhh over my new toy please!
----------------

Wow, Rich, that is the most POWERFUL RV I have EVER seen... it looks like it will be a true master of the highway... simply awe-inspiring... makes me want to head right out on a road trip myself... it defies description... makes me shiver with envy...
2.gif
2.gif
1.gif
1.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Well, how was that??!
9.gif

Lynn

PS (OR... ummm.......... if your car and your house both happen to have wheels, you just MIGHT be a redneck...)
2.gif

PPS SERIOUSLY... it's AWESOME! We took our honeymoon in a motor home, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for them!
9.gif
ENJOY!!!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Rich Sherwood, here reporting far away from the eye of the hurricane...

We all hopped in the new "RV mobile office" and headed up to New Jersey for vacation. Stayed just ahead of the hurricane all the way, with a nice tailwind pushing us on up.

I'll be back appraising the week of September 20th, probably from the "sailboat mobile office".

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
it looks like it will be a true master of the highway
-----------

as I am a master of my domain...

Thanks for those words Lynn! I'm pumped.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
If he has any idea at all how to do a vacation, he did not take his
email with him.
-----------

It's been so long since I've had one of these things (a vacation), I don't know how to act.

I made the mistake of bringing my loupe with me (a permanent attachment), and all my friends and relatives have got me examining their jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results