shape
carat
color
clarity

Collection and ideas

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kind of an irritating day this morning so I got out my stones to play with this afternoon to make myself feel better and took some pictures.

A couple all together and a couple of just the supernovas together.

The green oval chrysoberyls, I'm unsure what to do with. At first I was just going to use one and make a stacker ring. Then I was going to make 2 stackers. Then a bypass ring. Then a three stone w/a white center set e/w in the rails I like so much. Any other ideas??

The supernovas..Michael E cut them for me and I love them. I was going to do them e/w in the rails, but I am back to feeling like they may be too big to set that way. I've been back and forth on it. One day I was looking up oval three stones and came across Glint's pretty diamond oval three stone, and thought maybe they would work better that way (which is what was suggested to me on here to begin with)..but I just don't know.

So, figured I'd just get some opinions!

100_1355.jpg

100_1347.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the pictures look horrible. Fuzzy and blurry. They weren't like that before. Hmph.

And these, when I was taking them I didn't realize the chryo was turned just a tish. The thing sparkles so much even when it's not in the sun that between it and the zircons I was blinded.

100_1342.jpg

100_1340.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
And then this is Glint's 3 stone.

glintthreestone.jpg

glintthreestone2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For the green chrysoberyls...how about earrings? You could wear them with your chryso/zircon ring once they're all finished.

I like the zircons E/W, but it's hard to get an idea of how big they'll be on your finger. What about the chrysoberyl N/S and the zircons still in the rails E/W? The rails would have to bend a little bit, but I can see it working.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Love the three stone ring idea! :appl:

Definitely do that one, it's a beauty.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks jstar and iLander!

Earrings are a good idea for the little greens-I'll have to keep that in mind. I was so set on having a ring but maybe earrings would be better! I'm not sure about doing the chryso n/s and the zircons e/w..something to play around with tho for sure! The chryso is just shy of 8x6 and the zircons are 6.5x5 each, so that's a lot e/w..I was so positive it was going to work and then the longer I had to wait on funds for doing it I started to second guess myself.

iLander, the n/s orientation like Glint's you mean? Yeah, I'm getting to like it more and more!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
Thanks jstar and iLander!

Earrings are a good idea for the little greens-I'll have to keep that in mind. I was so set on having a ring but maybe earrings would be better! I'm not sure about doing the chryso n/s and the zircons e/w..something to play around with tho for sure! The chryso is just shy of 8x6 and the zircons are 6.5x5 each, so that's a lot e/w..I was so positive it was going to work and then the longer I had to wait on funds for doing it I started to second guess myself.

iLander, the n/s orientation like Glint's you mean? Yeah, I'm getting to like it more and more!

Are Glint's stones diamonds? It's a beautiful ring. Can you manage the three ovals N/S? I think it is such a pretty look.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heya Marian lovey! Yeah, Glint's ovals are diamonds. I've got a cz 3 stone that fits my right ring finger and the total stone width on that is more than these would be, so I think it would be ok on either the ring or middle finger. I tried laying them on my fingers on their crowns but I couldn't get them to lay nice-one would always tip over and land in the crease of my fingers. I wish they made little holder things so you could orient them on your fingers to see!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Packrat, I just had to pop in and say - your gem collection and the colors are just so HAPPY. Seriously, especially that first pic of them lined up - made me think of a spring day - love it! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The impact of a 3 stone where the sides are large is different from when the sides are smaller. Smaller sidestones allow the center to pop a lot, but the effect where the sidestones are larger is all bling (total size pow!).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks BEG! Happy colors-I like it! They certainly make me happy when I play with them!

Thanks Chrono, yeah, I didn't want a 3 stone w/smaller sides..I like them more closer in size. I can't figure out how I went from thinking a 4x6 solitaire I used to have was such a "statement" piece in color to now planning a ring that's 16mm across set n/s.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, welcome to CS DSS? :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sheesh, I know it! :lol: I better get over it or I'm going to be doing all of my rings w/side stones to get the finger coverage!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
Heya Marian lovey! Yeah, Glint's ovals are diamonds. I've got a cz 3 stone that fits my right ring finger and the total stone width on that is more than these would be, so I think it would be ok on either the ring or middle finger. I tried laying them on my fingers on their crowns but I couldn't get them to lay nice-one would always tip over and land in the crease of my fingers. I wish they made little holder things so you could orient them on your fingers to see!

Hi Packy :wavey: I have officially fainted after seeing Glint's ring...all better now. I think your colored stones would make such a beautiful ring, either ring or middle finger. These are the ones in the gem box, yes? When will you start this project?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, isn't it gorgeous? If mine would turn out like that I'd be thrilled to pieces! Yep, the ones in the gem box! I tried to line them up so they'd be the same orientation but I think they're listing to the side a bit. I'm not sure when it will be started. I've come to the realization that if I ever want anything set, I'm going to have to do it in silver rather than gold-I just can't afford it. And..um, I kinda am greedy with these and I want a lot of pretties (I've already found another one I need ha!), so something has to give in the budget.

I do not have any smelling salts if you feel faint again after looking at it but I can bring you....(dramatic pause) A shrubbery! :bigsmile:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
I know, isn't it gorgeous? If mine would turn out like that I'd be thrilled to pieces! Yep, the ones in the gem box! I tried to line them up so they'd be the same orientation but I think they're listing to the side a bit. I'm not sure when it will be started. I've come to the realization that if I ever want anything set, I'm going to have to do it in silver rather than gold-I just can't afford it. And..um, I kinda am greedy with these and I want a lot of pretties (I've already found another one I need ha!), so something has to give in the budget.

I do not have any smelling salts if you feel faint again after looking at it but I can bring you....(dramatic pause) A shrubbery! :bigsmile:

One that looks nice and not too expensive...Ni! Ni! Peng! :lol:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Packy, lovely stones!! I really like the N/S three-stone idea. I think it will be stunning!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Ohhh Marian that just gives me the giggles!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Thanks Indy! The more I look at it, the more I'm warming up to the idea. I really like Glint's, so hopefully it will be like it!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
packrat said:
:appl: Ohhh Marian that just gives me the giggles!

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

Thanks Indy! The more I look at it, the more I'm warming up to the idea. I really like Glint's, so hopefully it will be like it!

Please ignore Packy and me. We are somewhat daft :loopy:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. However we do not smell of elderberries.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi packrat :wavey:

I love your stones! The colors look so pretty together.

I used to think the EW setting idea was great but I really like Glint's NS ring. I think your stones would look amazing set like that, it's such a classic look. I don't think you could ever get tired of it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks BN! You're right! I still love the e/w rails idea and will still use it down the road..I think it just isn't feeling right for these stones anymore. I've kinda been thinking of doing it w/three different color cabs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results