shape
carat
color
clarity

this may be humbling ....post at your own risk...*evil grin*

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
So we are always bragging about our EXCELLENT purchases - but how about showing off some of the stones you wish you wouldn't have bought but they were so cheap it would have cost more to send them back?

I have a few I can post....eventually...and yes one of these days I will get around to posting them...Thursday is looking to be a good day for me.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: this may be humbling ....post at your own risk...*evil g

Oh I think I posted a few pieces of gravel once. (the color was good though the cutting wasn't):tongue:

Though I do admit there's some I sent back on sheer principal even though it cost more to send it than I paid! :lol:

I think I may have one thats a total dog, but it was cheap and I wanted to see what it looked like.

-A

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock

I think I only have 2 or 3 that I bought and was just like - ewww not what i was expecting....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've got a ton of them from my early collecting days / not as described buys!!!

Nothing to be ashamed of and I'll freely admit it - the upside is that I've learned exactly what I like, what I can tolerate and what I can't!

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock

so lets see what you can't tolerate....AND what you can LD>.... :Up_to_something:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's the thing ...... I don't take photos or waste my time with the bad ones! So they're in a box and won't be getting photographed! Errrrr, anyway, I think you ought to be first since you've started this thread!

However, if you look at my old threads you'll find two that I posted that I bought from an Ebay vendor that were seriously not as described! I took photos of those to show on this board so that others would know what to expect from the vendor in question!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How about, even more humbling, stones you overpaid for because you didn't know any better? I went to get something out of my safe deposit box the other day, and had to spend a few minutes playing with my babies. One of them is a tsavorite 3 cts? 4 cts? that I've been really proud of - perfect green saturation, sparkly, and well cut...Wah! whats that? a big window in the middle? Now I look at all the stones in a much more critical light and think I could have done better - and plan to! So I've ordered by camera battery and when I get it, I'll provide examples of my learning curve...

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock

I'll try to get a pic of it... I bought a "pink" spinel last year... it was brown, lifeless, windowed and just... crap.

I think I paid 10 bucks for it and I never bothered returning it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've sold my more decent learning stones; it didn't make any sense to hold on to them because I know I'll never set and wear them, so might as well take a small loss but at least I've more space in my box for more and better stones.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

When my DH was in Afghanistan he bought an 8ct pear ruby for $230. It is an excellent size but to me I don't think I will ever set it and I don't think anyone would want to buy it- even for $100. So it sits around in the bottom of my jewelry box. I have thrown around the idea to have it sent to the lab to see what kind of treatments it has but since it is not my taste to begin with I feel like it is just wasting more money.

I also have several pairs of matched aqua, green beryl, and green amythest sets that I thought I would make earrings out of- they were cheapies but I have lost my motivation over time with them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results