shape
carat
color
clarity

setting for cheapy cs

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
I would now like to set my cheapy ebay purchase on a Daniel M setting. I don't want to spend too much on the setting since the stone itself was very inexpensive so I'm opting for a silver setting. I really like this http://www.etsy.com/transaction/33810244 which is actually owned by cemrn.

In order to lower the setting cost further, I think white sapphire would be used for the baguettes instead of diamonds? But not sure where to get them. Any suggestions? How do I determine what size to order? My round sapphire is measured at 9.8x5.4 mm. thanks for your help as usual.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
As far as I know, you send your stone to Daniel M, and he will make the setting and set it for you, sending it back to you as a finished product. That, at least, is what I'm doing with him right now for a different pendant. Basically, Daniel would be the one to figure out what's size setting you would need.

I don't know how much white sapphire baguettes cost, or how easy it is to find them. I was talking to my local jeweler to see what it would cost to add a 17pt baguette to a setting we were discussing. I think the baguette alone was about $350 or so. So be careful with what you add. Though come to think of it, I wonder if there are any zircon baguettes? That would [probably] provide a similar fire to diamonds, and since it's a pendant, you don't have to worry about the same durability issues that a ring would have.

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
AustenNut said:
As far as I know, you send your stone to Daniel M, and he will make the setting and set it for you, sending it back to you as a finished product. That, at least, is what I'm doing with him right now for a different pendant. Basically, Daniel would be the one to figure out what's size setting you would need.

I don't know how much white sapphire baguettes cost, or how easy it is to find them. I was talking to my local jeweler to see what it would cost to add a 17pt baguette to a setting we were discussing. I think the baguette alone was about $350 or so. So be careful with what you add. Though come to think of it, I wonder if there are any zircon baguettes? That would [probably] provide a similar fire to diamonds, and since it's a pendant, you don't have to worry about the same durability issues that a ring would have.

thanks Austennut. I've emailed DanielM to inquire about the possibility of white sapphires. BTW I am actually getting a ring made.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
It may be tough to find pairs of smaller side stones, I'd let Daniel suggest what he may be able to obtain. Options could include sapphires, zircons, or some other clear/white stone. If I understand it, he's also a lapidary and may be able to offer something from rough if he has it.

Laura

agapitor

Shiny_Rock
Largosmom said:
It may be tough to find pairs of smaller side stones, I'd let Daniel suggest what he may be able to obtain. Options could include sapphires, zircons, or some other clear/white stone. If I understand it, he's also a lapidary and may be able to offer something from rough if he has it.

Laura

thanks Largosmom. I didn't realize that Daniel is also a lapidary. I'll certainly ask him for other options.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am not positive, but I think someone recently said that he cut a stone for them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results