shape
carat
color
clarity

Ethiopian Opals on Barry's site

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is looking for opals, Barry has posted a couple on his site, www.acstones.com in the newest inventory section.

This is the same type of opal that I had from Dan Stair, though mine is faceted. The colorplay on my stone is amazing and it looks the same on Barry's pics, though they may not do the stones justice.

I'm not looking for opal, but these type of opals are really nice. Look up "hydrophane opal" for more information. The only warning is that they are not likely to be good ring stones as if they get wet, they soak up the water and it affects the color until it dries back out. It won't harm the stone. I need to try getting mine wet and see what happens!

Laura

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Laura, if you touch it to the inside of your lip it will stick (!) much like a tongue on the inside of an old refrigerator freezer or a super cold flagpole in the middle of winter

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
hah, won't find me doing that with my opal...well not in public anyway, [grin]

I actually have it at the jeweler's right now, while we design something special for it. But I think I may go by tomorrow and see what happens if we dunk it. They'll be just as curious as I am, :naughty:

If I didn't have several projects cooking, I'd make off with one of these opals in a heartbeat. They are so cool!

Laura

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results