shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Idealscope image please.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Please tell me your thoughts on this Round brilliant that I am considering.

GIA 1126335357
Round Brilliant
6.16 -6.20x 3.85 mm
.91 Ct
Color J
Clarity VS1
Cut Very good
Depth 62.3
Table 57%
Crown angle 35.0
Crown Height 15.0%
Pav angle 40.8
Pav Depth 43.0
Star lenght 55%
Lower half 80%
Girlde Med to slightly thick, faceted
POlish Exc
Symmetry Exc
Florescence Faint

Thanks!!

406-014id.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me.

imsommer

Rough_Rock
Do you have a picture of the stone itself? I would be more worried about the J color then the idealoscope image. I know there are alot of people on here who are going to disagree with me, but I will never look at a diamond under a G now. I just hate my dingy yellow engagement ring. The cleaner the ring is, the more ugly the center stone looks.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can take a picture that makes my J look like a typical G ;)) can't tell colour from photos.

IS looks nice. Look at some well-cut stones of the same size in person and see if a J is a good match for you.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie said:
I can take a picture that makes my J look like a typical G ;)) can't tell colour from photos.

IS looks nice. Look at some well-cut stones of the same size in person and see if a J is a good match for you.

Yssie,

I agree that it is hard to make a good decision by looking at a picture. I have discovered though that when a diamond is shot on a mirror that we can get a look at both the face up and side view, which shows the body color, all at one time. In the picture below you can see that this L colored diamond looks pretty colorless face up, but clearly has a lot of yellow when seen from the side.

Wink 5846-1_42-LI1.jpg

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, i am a little concerned about the J color as well. I currently have a Emerald cut F color. This stone will be for my right hand ring, it is going to be bezel set so I am thinking that there really wont be much of a side view and I will mostly view it face up . I normally would not consider a J but my friend just got a round brilliant J in a halo center and I am shocked at how white it looks, however from the side i definately notice the warmer color. I think I may visit a local jeweler and ask to see a G, H, I & J stone all together.

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results