shape
carat
color
clarity

Will my stone fit in this setting?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's for a 9x9mm cushion and my stone is a 9.1mm cushion. I'm guessing the answer is yes, but I thought I'd check...

Also, anyone have any problems with this setting?

1743.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can honestly say I don't have that setting :lol: But because colored stones can be cut deeper than diamonds, try to find out how much leeway you have underneath.

-A

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian! Darn, depth is the only thing I don't know!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 9.7 mm stone that didn’t fit the 10 mm setting (in this style) so I had to return it for a 9 mm setting. My guess is that it should fit, depending on if your cushion has rounder or squarer shoulders/corners.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Chrono, is the setting made particularly large?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think so; I think it’s because my cushion has very rounded corners so it just fell right though to the bottom of the setting.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I upgrade the gold and diamonds and it doesn't fit, can I return it? I'm pretty sure that it says on the Logr site that you can. I'm actually not sure if they can do this setting, I don't see it on their site. I got the pic from the prettyjewelery2u site but I thought that I would order it from Logr because they seem "sort of" more dependable :confused: I emailed Stephan to see if he still carries it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, you can still return it (I upgraded the melees) but I think there’s a $30 dollar customization fee that will not be refunded. Mine's from LOGR.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's good to know-- thanks. It looks like I may go with prettyjewelery2u because he responded to my email within minutes and I'd like to pay for this today (end of credit card billing cycle ;)) ) Chictomato has had positive experiences with them.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have this setting in rose gold - it was my first LOGR purchase. I had it customized to fit my cushion morganite, and it fit perfectly.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have my Sphene set in this setting but there are a number of similar settings knocking around our favourite Ebay sellers! Which one is this from? If it's from LOGR then the one for my Sphene fitted true to size and if I remember correctly my stone was very slightly larger than the setting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silly me - I've just looked and my setting from LOGR is a little different. My Sphene measures 8.8mm and the setting was for a 9mm. You can see that it's a good fit but I could have done with dropping it into the basket a little more to protect it but it wouldn't go down much further. If you look at the profile you can see how much it's raised from the setting. However, I love this setting and wouldn't change it. Hope that helps to give you a perspective.

Sphene3_1_1 trim for ps.JPG

Sphene4_1_1 trim for ps.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani said:
I have this setting in rose gold - it was my first LOGR purchase. I had it customized to fit my cushion morganite, and it fit perfectly.

I remember your ring! It was one of the first PS ones that drew me to morganite. Sorry for being a copycat :oops:

Good to know that yours fit well. I customized mine also, ordered it from prettyjewelery2u because Chictomato had good experiences with them and they responded so quickly to my questions. I haven't heard back from Stephan at Logr and I'm not sure that they even carry this setting anymore.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds said:
Silly me - I've just looked and my setting from LOGR is a little different. My Sphene measures 8.8mm and the setting was for a 9mm. You can see that it's a good fit but I could have done with dropping it into the basket a little more to protect it but it wouldn't go down much further. If you look at the profile you can see how much it's raised from the setting. However, I love this setting and wouldn't change it. Hope that helps to give you a perspective.

Thank you for the information LD!

You are a brave woman to set your sphene in a ring! It looks gorgeous and I bet you get lots of compliments on it.

As an aside, I took those extra pics of my mint tourmaline and put them in the catch all thread. You may have already seen them. There isn't much difference in the different lighting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse said:
LovingDiamonds said:

Thank you for the information LD!

You are a brave woman to set your sphene in a ring! It looks gorgeous and I bet you get lots of compliments on it.

As an aside, I took those extra pics of my mint tourmaline and put them in the catch all thread. You may have already seen them. There isn't much difference in the different lighting.

Oh thanks for that BN. Will go and have a peek!

By the way, I'm of the "gems are for wearing" brigade so give me a stone that's low on the MOHS scale and I'll set it! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results