shape
carat
color
clarity

Another stroller thread...

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think I hate our stroller. We got the Maxi Cosi Foray... partially because it seemed to be the ONLY stroller in any store that I could actually fold. And partly because it had nice features like you could take off the seat and put on the carseat, cupholder (sad, I know), reversible seat, etc.

Now that we are actually using it, its a pain in my butt. I love being able to snap the carseat onto the frame and go but the basket is really hard to get to and its heavy to lift in and out of the trunk. The fold isn't difficult, but there are a few steps and that, combined with its weight, make putting it into the trunk a longer ordeal than I'd like. The other night baby and I were out shopping and when we got to the car it was dark, most cars were already gone, and there were crickets everywhere! I didn't feel safe taking so long to put the stroller in the car and I was freaking out that if an axe murderer didn't get me, then the crickets at least would.

So my question... are there any strollers that have an umbrella type fold but with air filled tires? I'm guessing no. Basically I just want something with a super easy fold, lightweight, REALLY smooth ride and maybe an easily accessible basket. Any ideas? I looked at the city mini but I'm just not sure. Any opinions on the basket and how smooth the ride is?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you get into a store and try some out?? there aren't that many air filled tires with an easy or one hand fold. the city mini was my top pick before i found the bumble--the only reason i switched (well not 'only' but a big one) is that i wanted real tires. but the bumble to me isn't like a little city stroller. it does have a great fold to me though, two hand but it's fast.

the bugaboo bee was another small lightweight one i liked but everything i read said it had a small seat and that if you had a tall or big kid they would grow out if it a lot faster, for the $500 price tag that didn't work for me.

what about a mac laren of some type you can put the car seat on? i don't know what is out there really but we just got the volo for our umbrella and we like it.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I looked at the Maclarens but the only one that can be used from birth is like $250-300 and that seems excessive for an umbrella. If everyone thinks its amazing though then I'd consider it. I think its the Techno. How much does the bumble weigh?

Went and checked some out in the store today... why isn't there just a PERFECT stroller?!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
How old is your baby now? I started using an umbrella stroller with a 5 point harness when Kyle was 3 months old (Graco Ipo). The Cybex Callisto that's on sale looks like it might be pretty good.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Oobie-not a mommy here but a little stroller obssessed from my nanny days (and from the current TTC insanity:)

The techno, city mini, and indie all weigh about the same (17-20 lbs depending on model and if the canopy is in use)

Also, bumbleride makes a lighter umbrella stroller with shocks the "flite" or something like that that can use the carry cot for infants, has a car seat adapter, reclines, and is supposed to be a great ride, but I think it is kind of pricey for an umbrella.

Honestly, if you just need something that folds easily, is in the 17-20 lb range, and has a smooth ride I would get the indie or the city mini. if you are dealing with public transportation that's another issue and I would get a reclining umbrella stroller--my top picks for that would be the flite (if from newborn), the g-luxe, the triumph, or the volo...

I have friends that also relaly like their Cybex and their Aprica...

Btw...how are the applecheeks diapers working out for you?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah i saw the Flite in the store. it was not my thing because we wanted a more robust stroller but it was def a nice option--i saw another mom come into a store with it and she had the carseat popped into it. but i think it was about $250?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am not 100% sure which one I have (because it's been ages since we bought it), but I have a Graco stoller that is a super smooth ride, folds up with one hand really easily, and has a basket that is easy to get to. I can also hang my diaper bag on the handles without bumping into it with my legs when I walk. It's pretty easy to get in and out of my Mazda 5, too.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Lillian is just over 1 month old so I'd really like something I can use starting at newborn. The bumbleride looks like it would weigh so much more than 17-20lbs! I'm going to try to get DH to go with me to a different baby store that has more strollers so we will check that one out.

The Applecheeks are great... they are the only ones I use! I prefer the bamboo inserts so I'm selling all of my hemp ones. They are both very absorbant... the hemp is just a little bulkier. We've only had to use 1 insert at night until recently... now we are adding a booster. So they can contain everything for a good 6 or so hours at night for a 1 month old!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oobie-Congrats! I want to see pics of Lillian :cheeky: How are you all doing?

yeah, the indie is fabulously light! Also, I have several friends with the city mini who LOVE it (they jog with it too, on paved surfaces and think it is great)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Baby jogger city elite!!!!! I just got one on clearance for 270, down from over 400 about 2 weeks ago, so don't know if they still have sales on them. It has real tires that you can easily remove if on a plane, folds with one hand, super easy to turn, sun shade, basket underneath, there's even a kick up ledge they can put their feet on like a recliner. I haven't had the baby yet but I tested it out with the hubs and I love it!!! I chose the elite over the mini bc of the real tires.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the indie is 23lbs. because the bob is 26lbs i believe and i remember the shop guy saying it was a few lbs lighter. the city mini is 17lbs. that said, the indie is easy to collapse and i could easily lift it into my trunk in a few seconds. i love the fold on it.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like my Kolcraft a lot.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie I am interested now in researchind the elite some more, do you mind if I ask where you found it on sale? I was just reading some reviews this morning and it's were close to the indie.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine through Albee Baby, but not sure it they still have them. When I googled a couple of weeks ago there was one on Amazon as well. They are usually more expensive than the Indy after you get all of the bars and accessories, but with the sale, they were way cheaper. I think they are most comparable to the Indy, which I loved as well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny Bella! The shop guy told me BOB was 26 and Indie was 23. Maybe with sunshade/canopy.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mara-who knows:) I think there's a bunch of funny business going no with stroller weights anyway. Canopy, no canopy, fabric, no fabric, frame but no seat :-o , whole shebang...it's hard to compare apples to apples.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Didn't want to start a new thread so hoping no one minds if I jump in with a stroller question here...

How do you know when you can take the infant seat out and start using the stroller alone? We have the Indie Bumbleride and have been using the infant seat in it up until now, but my LO doesn't seem as comfy in it any more. Do they have to be able to sit up on their own or will the straps in the stroller be sufficient? Mine is almost 5 months, but big for her age. Help?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
oobiecoo - we've got the Stokke stroller with adaptor for the Maxi Cosi car seat. however, it's got rubber tires and quite heavy, so probably not what you're looking for.

lovinsparkles - do you mean the infant car seat? we were told that the baby can't be in the Maxi Cosi car seat (which I think is up to 9 months to a year) more than 1.5 hrs as it's bad for the back. that is why we have a cot as well for the stroller so that she can lie down, but will fit only til about 6 months. so I'm guessing after that, the kid can just go into the regular stoller seat. for your particular model, I would just ask at a store that sells it.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
lovinsparkles - I started putting Kyle in the stroller without the car seat at 3 months. As long as your stroller has a 5 point harness and you can recline it a bit you should be fine now.

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
lovinsparkles, I have the Bumbleride Indie as well. M started sitting in just the seat at about 5 and a half months (before that we used either his carseat or bassinet), and he is on the smaller side for his age. He can't sit up on his own yet (working on it!) but can sit up just fine supported, and there are no issues. Actually, I think you can use the seat with newborns as it reclines flat. But at 5 months, I wouldn't hesitate at all.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, you guys! We took our first stroll without the car seat today and she did great! I, on the other hand, am still getting used to not being able to see her little face since she's turned outward, but I'm sure I will adjust...Thanks again...Google was no help but I knew that PSers would know the answer. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results