shape
carat
color
clarity

Different ring sizes made by manufacturer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A mall jeweller I know has all their rings in a size 6 and then also in a larger size.

When I got a ring from there they sized it to a 4 3/4 but I thought it looked all squint so they said they would get me a new one from the manufacturer which turned out okay. This was about 5 years ago.

Anyway I would not think the manufacturer would have carved another ring and made a mould just for one ring - so what would they have done?

I have seen it written where manufacturers carve the ring make moulds and then make a ring tree therefore making lots and lots of rings.

Could anyone answer what the manufacturer would have done as the second ring I got came out okay. Just curious, would they have tied a mould together to make it smaller or what???
wacko.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you crankydave.

I have wondered this a few times but never really thought to post it here.

I never thought about sizing the wax
21.gif

Also the ring before the stones were set. Would sizing the ring whilst empty make a difference then as to why the ring I had before went out of round a bit.

The ring was just a plain shank 3 stone diamond ring. The diamonds were only 0.39 carat total weight, my size was a 4 3/4 but the original a 6 or bigger.

Also would a ring which is a bit out of round look okay again after the polish has worn on it a bit as I got the feeling they just got the manufacturer to make the ring to please me but they didn't think there was much wrong with the ring?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again. The thing is I am in the United Kingdom and my ring is a size J which I would out a size 4 3/4 in the United States where as the rings in the case are a size M. In the UK that is 3 sizes different and we are always being told over here not to size more than 2 sizes to be on the safe side. I also read on the boards though that Americans are given the same advice, but 2 sizes over there is more than 2 sizes over here it seems.

Do you know also if once the ring gets wear would it look out of round the same once the polished finish changes and wears down a bit?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry crankydave, what I meant was if the ring was a bit out of round would it not look as apparent after the polish gets roughed up a bit?

I think it was just that the stones were not tightened as you said as a jeweller I took the ring to for a second opinion at the time said that the bead settings between the diamonds would need to be moved closer to the stones. So maybe the ring was not out of round but it just did not look in proportion to how the stones were sitting.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your help crankydave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results