shape
carat
color
clarity

''By The Yard'' Solitaire-- Where can I find something ''inspired by''?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cecilia

Rough_Rock
I was in Beverly Hills last week, and dropped in to Tiffany there to scope out the solitaire ''Diamonds by the Yard'' pendants.

They wanted $4200 for a .43 round in platinum--I didn''t ask for the specs.

Does anyone know of an alternative place to find something similar?

Thanks,

Cecilia

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... just about any jewelry store. Those are not all that hard to make. The setting of "by the yard" diamonds is not a bezel proper, but often called "girdle setting" or "collet setting".

It should work very well. And a round diamond with decent cut should match Tiffany's quality standards for diamonds as well. The price you mention sounds quite desperate for such a straightforward piece. A top cut (AGS0 proportions H&A symmetry) E/F, VS1 diamond of just 0.5cts should still bebelow 2k
1.gif

Something like THIS comes to mind. Or THIS. Having the setting custom made to the strictest standard is definitely not going to double the cost! You can ask any diamond seller to give an approximate quote and recommend a jewer for such a job.
read.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
It's also not an uncommon setting -- it's not like Tiffany's invented it. You might just be in luck looking around for other people carrying it.

Jeffjo

Rough_Rock
Hi, Im Jeff Josephson of Raymond Lee Jewelers , Boca Raton, Florida.
We've made a lot of those pieces, although more in white gold or yellow gold than in platinum
I'd one yesterday, 14kt yellow gold 6 bezel set diamonds weighing a total of .58cts (almost 10 points each) I color and SI1, no imerfections you can see .
It was 1000.00 dollars and delivered in three days
In 18kt white gold with 7 diamonds weighinh +/- .43= 775.00
In Plat as above 1075.00
Plat would take 10 days and white gold could be delivered within a week.
You can check me out a little on http://www.raymondleejewelers.com
or call 1-800-329-GEMS

Jeffjo

Rough_Rock
woops I'm sorry I read diamonds by the yard and just did not assume you wanted one stone,
We are equally capable of doing that , although 1 stone cost significantly more than seven with same total weight
I will be happy to help you
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results