shape
carat
color
clarity

1.34 Tiffany Lucida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/1/2004 1:58:21 AM eyesoftexas wrote:

The first question you need to ask yourself is what kind of foundation do you want this marriage to be built on? If it is a superficial basis then go ahead and get the bigger bling bling. ----------------

The question she is posing is if the Tiffany name is worth the premium after finding out that there are better less expensive diamonds to be had.

You think it's worth it. I don't. And, fortunately my hubby knows my take. But, if he blindly went into Tiffany's thinking that they are the only place that has quality, I would question whether he thought the Tiffany name meant anything to him & also let him know it doesn't mean anything to me. In my case, I would return the ring, get a similar one elsewher & save the money for our future together. To me, that's the foundation I would want. Not some perceived bragging rights for where a retail purchase was made. Hubby would applaud my sensibility.

LadyBird

Rough_Rock
First Congrats on your engagement! Second, I understand where your coming from. You want the best for your money, completely logical. If you feel he's open to the conversation by all means have it with him. But if you're feeling a bit sentimental about it, consider matching it with a wedding band first just to see how it looks. The Tiffany Lucida band is really nice. You won't be engaged forever. Considering the size if your finger you probably have small hands a larger diamond and a fancy band could be overwhelming. Once you team it with the band you could have the look you seek.

hope2004

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your advice. I think I'm going to keep the ring that my fiance proposed with. I think I was quite preoccupied with the price vs value concept but after all, I think the diamond engagement itself is not the most practical purchase one makes, and it's more based on the emotional and sentimental value. Obviously we can look around for a better value ring for the amount that was spent but I should just feel lucky to have this beautiful Tiffany Lucida ring and I really do. I have pretty small hands (size 4 as mentioned previously) and I think it looks just right. Who knows, if my e-ring was even bigger than the one I already have maybe I might even feel overwhelmed if worn with the wedding band that we ordered from Bluenile. We have not received it yet but here's the picture. Do you think it would go well with my Lucida? Another thought we have is to purchase the diamond wedding band from Tiffany's but my fiance didn't like any men's wedding bands they had for himself and I thought we might as well get the rings from the same place (Bluenile). But I'm starting to wonder if I should get the .56 total carat weight one from Tiffany's instead(7 round stones). The one from Bluenile is 1.2 carat total weight and has 6 princess cut stones. Any feedback is much appreciated!

hero_AB05500600_235x150.jpg

hope2004

Rough_Rock
Here's the one from Tiffany's

16026271_FL_LRG.jpg

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Smart choice keeping the ring. I would not even mention to your fiancé that you even thought of returning it. Love him more than the ring!!!

I will reemphasize for everyone on this board. The ring is a symbol of your love and commitment. Yes it is nice to get all the facts for a quality stone prior to the purchase but it seems that everyone loses sight of the real issue at hand - love. Forget the numbers now that it has already been given to you and concentrate on the future. I council too many couples who focus on the materialistic aspect.

SeanSD

Rough_Rock
Good decision to keep it.

First of all, you got a high quality beautiful ring.

Second of all, if the people in your office are really knowledgable, they would recognize the Tiffany Lucida setting and also realize that a Tiffany ring is a classic in terms of both quality and taste and that does stand for something. For that, there is a premium, but another .12 or .15 in carat size isn't a huge difference and on your small finger that stone is probably perfect and showy.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty band! Please Post A Picture of Your Tiffany Lucida Ring
on your hand in the daylight!!
love.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Eyes of Texas Wrote: "The first question you need to ask yourself is what kind of foundation do you want this marriage to be built on? If it is a superficial basis then go ahead and get the bigger bling bling"
"The ring is a symbol of your love and commitment."

Hmm. I do respect your opinion EOT...but I just don't think a diamond purchase is all that 'deep'...Maybe I'm a cold and heartless bizatch...but my husband doesn't think so either. Not every man would be insulted. I think that the love and commitment pretty much speak for themselves...and a tin foil ring would mean about the same as a diamond one. I think of the ring as a nice perk...I don't think getting bigger bling has anything to do with love. It's a silly diamond. And I like um big lol...So I have no prob returning it. I would never pay the Tiffany premium. That's just me.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
but i will add that I wouldn't part with my w band for anything.

Thegroom

Rough_Rock
Hopeful, the princess band from bluenile will look totally different than the tiffany band with rounds. Not only is the shape of the stone different, but they will exhibit different properties with respect to light performance (brilliance, fire, scintillation). Because Bluenile has such a good return policy, I would recommend waiting until the bluenile band arrives and then bring it to tiffany's. Try both bands with your e-ring in many different lighting environments and see which appeals to you most. If you like the look of the princess band then keep it. If you like the look of the rounds, either buy the tiffany (though then you will be in the same situation that started this thread) or try calling Whiteflash who makes bands with their A Cut Above branded rounds that should be more affordable (and arguably better quality) than tiffany's. Hope this helps.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Hope
On the issue of keeping the ring, glad you kept it! I think you may never have known your fiances "real" feeling about it, and by wanting to return it, it would have eroded his good/loving feeling to you. He knows that he could have gotten more for his money at B&M or Internet dealers, but he chose the Tiffany route. Perhaps that says alot about his feelings for you. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results