shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing Tacori setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kylie

Rough_Rock
I have a Tacori setting (style HT-2264) with a fitted Tacori band, all in platinum. Since I had my baby 5 months ago my rings fit much tighter than they used to (even though I have lost all the baby weight
16.gif
). My rings are currently 5.75 and I want to size up to a 6. Is it possible to size a setting like this up? Would it do any damage to the setting? Thanks!!! Does anyone know how long Tacori would need my rings? Thanks!!!

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
It seems that yours is a Tacori that has a smooth back of the shank (just like the Tacori I'm waiting on, excellent choice!). I bet it would be no problem to size it, though I don't know if you would need to go through Tacori or if a local jeweler would be OK.

Kylie

Rough_Rock
Yes, my ring does have a smooth shank, there is no engraving.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I believe if you want to keep the Tacori guarantee, you need to send it to Tacori for sizing. (I also believe they charge a lot for it, so you might want to check the price before you decide)

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
The rings should have no problem going up that much. You must have gotten them wet as they shrink sometimes, women never gain. There are a few tricks to sizing those rings, some can be tapped up that much, some ground out a hair on the inside, some actually sized. The key will be finding a jeweler who knows more than one way of doing it, and has done it before. The charge will be from $15 to $40 in most private jewelers. Add about 30% if corporate owned. Much more than that, shop around some more or send it back to Tacori.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
If the maufactuer offers adjustments send it too them, make it there problem. The people who know the capabilities of there own rings and metalurgy are the people who made it in the first place. A quarter size should be no problem for any competent smit, however there is good reason to follow the makers advice and warrentee info. I have had to remake/repair pieces that were dammaged by jewelers who didnt know what they were doing, some metals are stressed(hardened) to give them additional strenght push them too far they break or the design gets messed up. The factory can deal with this as they did the what ever they did in the first place.

Kylie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. I will definately send my ring back to Tacori for sizing. I just wanted to make sure it was possible to size up in this type of setting. Hopefully they won't need my rings long!!! When we had the e-ring made it took 8 weeks, the matching band took 6.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results