shape
carat
color
clarity

No local appraiser listed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m interested in have a stone independantly appraised, one from a vendor who posts here on these boards who also has a B&M store. I''ve checked on the vendor link and there is no one listed for Oklahoma. Can anyone recommend someone within a hundred mile radius of Oklahoma City? I''d like to have the chance to view the stone at the same time.

Also, I know I''d have to ask the specific vendor what his/her policies are, but do vendors sometimes agree to send a stone for appraisals without it being purchased first? I assume I''d have to incur the shipping and insurance costs both ways.

I appreciate the expertise and helpfulness of all the PS members. It''s exciting to have ready access to perspectives of both industry experts and experiences and opinions of consumers.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scott Gordon is a well qualified appraiser in OK City....

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's pretty common for customers to wish to get a stone appraised before finalizing the deal. Vendors are usually happy to cooperate with this as long as the appraiser chosen is an independent, meaning that they aren't an employee of the store's competitor. If you find it difficult to find a local appraiser in your home town, there are several of us that accept work from out of state clients via registered mail and similar secured shipping methods. In the case of Oklahoma City, it seems likely that there will be someone local with the appropriate skills.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Old Miner, is Scott Gordon associated with the Samuel or Arthur Gordon stores? If so, I'm looking at their stones too, so I'm seeing a potential conflict of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results