shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you share your opinions on this stone, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Can you please tell me if you think this stone looks okay?

ct wt 1.78 cushion
color g
clar vs1
meas. 7.59 X 7.36 X 4.48
depth 60.9
table 59
girdle thin to thick, f
culet med
pol and sym good
Flor no

pavilion depth 47.4%
crown height 9.8%
pavilion angle 44
crown angle 25.9

Please let me know what you think, or if you see any red flags.

Thank you! I appreciate any feedback.

reena

Ideal_Rock
looks to me like it has the potential to be a very nice stone. (unless the pav/crown angles raise red flags for anyone--i never got much into deciphering those for cushions.)

but it's impossible to really tell without seeing it. cushions can look so different from one another in person. also it's going to look very square, which is fine as long as that's the shape you're going for.

how much are they asking for it?

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Reena... I am looking for a square so this shape would work very well for me! It's a 1.03 ratio, which I love.

I am a bit worried about the crown height, I think it's a bit low. I'm not sure how much this matters with a cushion (experts, any thoughts?)... I know this stone has the large facet look I like, but I want to make sure it'll be lively in person, and not "dead" looking.

Can anyone else share their thoughts? I really appreciate your help!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i like the square ones, too. (i like em all.)
1.gif
are you in a position to go in and see the stone or are you going through an internet vendor?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I THINK that Dave mentioned that you can kind of use the radiant cut grade chart as a guide for cushions. Maybe you can pm him and verify. As Reena said, you have to see each one. They are even more of a pain than princess cuts I think! Each one is different. Have you seen the cert?

reena

Ideal_Rock
i think MMM's right, the wisdom is to shoot for some combination of the cut guidelines for ovals and radiants.

i just checked and for your size stone--for ovals and radiants, mind you--the ideal/premium range for crown height seems to be in the 11%-16% range. 9.8 is a little below that, but again you're not dealing with an O or R, you're dealing with a cushion. i still think it could be very nice. go check it out if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results