shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best way to clean my ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
My E-ring is diamond and platinum and I am concerned about the right way to clean it. I have been told that a jewelry cleaner solution (I''m not familiar with brands) is the best way but I am concerned that over time this might damage the platinum. I''m sure most poeple here at PS have a wealth of knowledge about this and would appreciate if you would share!

Also, are there any types of everyday chemical/solutions that I need to be cautious of keeping my ring away from other than bleach and chlorine?

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Hey LGail,

There are numerous posts on this issue if you searching under "clean" or "cleaning". There are different versions of cleaning solutions, but they all are basically different blends of the following:

"Straight windex"
I think many actually soak their ring overnight in this.

"Mr. Clean & Water"

"Mr. Clean, Water & Amonina"
I belive it was mentioned that amonia is not good for golds, but is ok for Platinum.

I think these have been used in various mixed proportions.

Mara says she uses these little dental wand brush things that fit well between the prongs. Others use soft bristol tooth brushes.

Some also use their hairdryer or compressed can of air to dry them so it reduces spotting.

I think I'm repeating this info correctley! They all should work.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the information. I should have run a search before I created the post!! Sorry
1.gif

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
You are welcome...and no need to apolgize! I just said that because I can't remember all the details and there are many veterans here who have probably tried everything
1.gif

Good luck!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
All the suggestions above are great, but I'd caution against the dental wand things.

Mara's first stone incurred what looked like tiny scratches from using one of those wands. The wands have a metal center that the bristles are attached to, and the wire was scraping off onto the diamond. Her initial diamond required an acid bath to get that off.

I'd stick to the soft-bristle toothbrushes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results