shape
carat
color
clarity

PICTURES of My New VINTAGE WEDDING SET!! 40''s 50''s style!! Illusion Setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
I love my new wedding set.  Not sure if it''s from the 40''s or 50''s... if anyone could tell me...

This is 1/2 carat total weight and the diamonds are Mega White in color and full of life!  This set outshined all of the diamonds i saw today
even under the best "diamond lights" at the jewelers!! 
love.gif

I had it resized and my jeweler added a ton of gold to the bottom and made it thicker, basically a whole new ring!!  (he only charged me
$55 for both rings!!!)  He also polished it up making it sparkle even more than before! 
love.gif

The funny thing is, I''m in the market for a new diamond ($8k budget)
and i got this set for under $325  (including resizing) and it is my Favorite
look so far!  It makes me very happy to look at it and have a very white look and sparkle! I always wanted a matching set!  HHmmm $8 thousand dollars VS $325.00 - no comparison, right?
9.gif

TELL ME WHAT U THINK ABOUT MY SET!!

ring_photos3.jpg

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
Very nice!!!
love.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT~! It reminds me of my mothers first wedding set. I was so upset when she traded it in. I would love to have her original set.
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's lovely! Congratulations!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think Rich Sherwood is right in the 50's look of the set. Post WWII probably. The center has an illusion setting and the sides are bead set. Probably die struck components. These were made for decades and still can be found in some catalogs. They make a small diamond look a lot larger and protect the edges of the diamonds at the same time. Many people wore sets like these their entire married life and would not trade it for a larger diamond ring for any reason. Long term, true happiness comes from within and not from external, material things. If you love it, then that's what's right for you.

Of course, we specialize in solving the problems of getting happy with the aid of material stuff, like big diamonds. Thankfully, this plan seems to work very well for a lot of consumers or we'd be toast......
rolleyes.gif

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Very funny!! (Dave) and thanks for the hand compliment, Rich!
naughty.gif

Thank you to u all for your compliments on my new set.
Yes I still have 8k to find a diamond/set, but i guess i will now take my sweet time in looking for the perfect ones!
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results