shape
carat
color
clarity

need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babyjinco

Rough_Rock
hi guys, i recently just got a big gorgeous diamond from my fiance which used to be his mothers. the problem is that she doesn''t have any papers for it as far as appraisals or insurance because she never had insurance since she keeps it in a safe. my question is that would it be a problem for me to have it appraised and insured? would they need proof of ownership or anything like that? i''m new at this since this is my very first diamond ever. please help, thanks!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
You should have no problem with insurance once you get it appraised. Find an independent appraiser and have them appraise it for you. Then get it insured. Then post pictures for us to see it!

babyjinco

Rough_Rock
so i shouldn't go to an appraiser at a jewelery store right? i don't know of any independent appraiser at all. i've been looking online and in the phone book and so far all i found is appraisers at jewelery store.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
If you look at the top of the page, there should be a link that says "appraisers", which is a great place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results