shape
carat
color
clarity

Breakfast Anyone?? :-D

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited to annouce that I"M ENGAGED!! I know I had mentioned that I thought my FI :bigsmile: was teasing me about getting my nails done for this weekend, and I truely didn't think it would happen but he surprised me. Here is my story!

So Sunday morning, my FI gets up earlier than me which is pretty typical of a weekend and tells me to go back to sleep (think nothing of it). He goes downstairs and I can hear him making noise in the kitchen, clanging of bowls etc. Recently he has become obsessed with making banana bread since I taught him how to, so I figured he was making that so he could have some for breakfast. I wasn't very tired after he had gone downstairs and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to head downstairs to join him. Well I get down there and he's making pancakes but has the burner on super high, so I was helping him get things out of control and I could tell I had surprised and flustered him. After a little bit he sent me back upstairs to go back to sleep or to take a shower. I didn't really feel like doing either so I just laid in bed watching tv cause I knew something was up.

A little while later he comes upstairs still a bit upset (things weren't working for him exactly how he had envisioned). He opens the door and presents me with a plate filled with pancakes that spell out "Will U Marry Me". He got down on one knee and asked me and of course I said YES! His idea was so adorable, he had based it off of what his late grandfather used to make for him as a child. His grandfather would make letter pancakes for everyone, so I'm so glad my FI shared this tradition with me in such a special way.

He was a bit disappointed that I came down when he was starting to make pancakes but I still didn't know exactly was was going on so in my eyes I didn't ruin anything and it could not have been more perfect.

Ok on to the photos, I've attached the pancakes and a few of my ring in some of our flowers. I'm working on the handshots because so far all the ones I've taken I hate. Thanks so much for all your support. I'm happy to be signing off of LIW at #46. Dust to everyone else! :bigsmile:

White Flower with Ring.JPG

Yellow Flower with Ring.JPG

Pancakes.JPG

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that proposal was so adorable! I love the pancakes idea! And your ring is gorgeous!! CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I read the LIW list first and was like "Where is the post!?!!". Your ring is gorgeous, and unique. Now you will get even fuzzier, warmer feelings every time you have pancakes. :)

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Exactly. Funny though he was so nervous even after the fact that he didn't want to eat pancakes at all. I hope that wears off and then pancakes will be our special meal!

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet!!! And your ring is beautiful!

CONGRATULATIONS! :appl:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Rose_Dust! Your proposal sounds absolutely adorable and perfect (my mom use to make us letter pancakes...I've made them for FI a few times!) and your ring is just lovely!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, that is so cute! I love that proposal story. I can't wait to see more pics. Your ring is gorgeous and so unique :love:

Congratualtions!! :appl:

peonies

Rough_Rock
Probably one of the best proposals i've ever heard, absolutely adorable! Your ring is so unique and pretty too!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Those pancakes are SO DARN CUTE!!!! And the ring is equally beautiful! Congrats you two!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is a very cute proposal.

A

Anonymous

What a cute, unique proposal! Btw I *LOVE* your ring. It's just beautiful!! :appl:

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful surprise! Even better that you thought he was joking about the nails the other day. He's a smart cookie if he knows that that would throw you off even more. Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! What an awesome proposal and gorgeous ring!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! Can't wait to see the handshots! His proposal was very cute :)

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely messages. Still working on the handshots, have to get back home to my personal computer to upload them, so they'll be around tonight/tomorrow morning.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

pesce

Rough_Rock
Amazing - I love how he worked the pancakes in! Stellar! The ring is gorgeous. I"m so happy for you - and look what happened after your 75 hour week~! Yay you!!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad he wasn't just messing with you about getting your nails done!

Congrats!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! :bigsmile:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh thats so sweet :love: :appl: congrats rosedust :appl: and love :love: love the ring!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
How freakin adorable!!!!! Love the pancakes and the ring!!! Congrats :appl:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal. Congrats.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! such an adorable and cute proposal story.. I love it! :appl:

and please post lots of hand shots :))

tigers10

Rough_Rock
Okay, the pancake proposal= SOOOOO adorable! And that takes talent! I can't even make a ROUND pancake, let alone ones that spell out something as important as "THE QUESTION!"
And your ring is gorgeous! :love:
Congratulations! =)

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl:

Ring is lovely. Can't wait to see handshots! :bigsmile:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I really had a strong feeling this was it for you! lol

Congratulations are in order! And very very pretty ring!!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Can I just say "awwwww" for like ten minutes before responding? Oh I think I just did. I showed this to SO and he thought it was soooo cute too.

So happy for you!! What a beautiful, personal, wonderful, amazing, and awesome (enough superlatives? I think not : P ) proposal. Congratulations!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Sooooo sweet!!! Congrats!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the CUTEST proposals I have ever heard!

Best of luck to you both!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!
Gorgeous ring and what a cute proposal - letter pancakes - I love it! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results