shape
carat
color
clarity

Torn between 2 eternity rings

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Mocha look up the diamond exchange site. They have a dia wedder there with 5 pts - u will need to make an appt to view it but. I still think 3pts would compliment perfectly as ur stone size & band width r prettymch the same as mine :)

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I will look it up, thank you for your suggestion! :D

once I see the 0.05 I will be able to make a decision whether to get 0.035 or 0.05
but looking at the pictures you post, im falling more and more for 0.035 as it just makes your e-ring popped.

and btw, is your finger size around a G/3.5 too?

mrs k

Rough_Rock
I think 5 PT would overpower... No lol I wear ring size K!!! I wish I had tiny fingers lol

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
size K? doesnt look like it at all!!!

your RB 0.9 is it 6mm wide or must be bigger!!!

what is your thought about buying this half eternity shared prong from ID jewellery?
I have only seen one post about ID jewel in this forum so far
gonna do more research

mrs k

Rough_Rock
My GIA report says 6.29-6.35 x 3.67 not sure wat that means lol D, VS2 cut very good.

To b honest, I prefer to try it on before purchasing. Wat if it does not sit right!? Or if it does not suit ur e ring band? And even if u try a 5pt elsewhere the setting changes the look & width.. It's a hard one. Even I struggled when purchasing mine as he only had 1.5 pts in the band I wanted. I tried on 3.5 pts at antons and band is not as wide as mine and I think it's all in the setting.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
yea, you got a v good point there mrs.k

that stuff crossed my mind and I am relying on the 30day returns policy for peace of mind.
but I am still open to purchasing from retail store if the price is reasonable.

I enquired the band you talked about from diamond exchange, hope I can view it this weekend. :))

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Ohh let me know u go.. I wonder if the dia exchange one is nice.. It says pave setting. Maybe they can email u more views? Is tr I'd one exy? What is ur budget?

akevo

Rough_Rock
Mocha, Charles Rose on Bourke Street has a 0.05 point wedding band

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Mrs.K,

I set my budget to be what BGD has priced the ring for which is around USD1250
I just got the feeling that BGD will make an absolutely perfect ring thats gonna sit low and sit flush next to my e-ring.
So now I am just going around looking which melee stones to use and also justifying whether I should get it from BGD or ID jewel (ID jewel can do it half price with 14k WG, F-G color and SI clarity while BGD is 18k WG,G colour and VS clarity)
Still cant decide where to get it from between those 2
whats your opinion on it Mrs K?

Thanks Akevo, I will pop by there sometime soon :))

akevo

Rough_Rock
No problems Mocha, I was there on the weekend and I tried on a 0.03 and 0.05 points prong setting wedding band.

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Do u have pix of the BGD one? I'd go with 18ct... Did that price Inc shipping? What made u think of 5pointers? I tried on 5pts and it was too overpowering... Takes the attention off the solitaire in my opinion.. Maybe try on 4 pts?

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
mrs k said:
Do u have pix of the BGD one? I'd go with 18ct... Did that price Inc shipping? What made u think of 5pointers? I tried on 5pts and it was too overpowering... Takes the attention off the solitaire in my opinion.. Maybe try on 4 pts?

hmm... In the very early stage of looking for that ring, I asked both BGD and ID and gave them my e-ring specs and they advised me that 0.05 will look great (not too small and not too big). This is what makes me so curious to try it on.
I tried 0.03 at Tiffany and its very delicate but I have to try the 0.05 to compare them :p
I wont mind trying 0.04 too but just so difficult to find a shop that has them all so I can compare the different sizes instantly.

oh the pic of the BGD can be seen from dreamer's ring
show-me-the-ring/dreamer-s-baby-ring-t118045-90.html

I might go to Charles Rose today!!! cant wait to compare 0.03 and 0.05. Thanks to you Aveko :))

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Ohh that ring is nice. Any luck at Charles rose?

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
No.. I have to stayed back at work today :(

I will try on Friday I guess when they open a bit later and will update you on that :))

akevo

Rough_Rock
I agree with mrsk, I tried on the 5 pointers and it was to overpowering. I'm a size J.5. I like how 3 pointers is nice and delicate but not too out there and compliments the e-ring.
I'm getting a 3 pointers made atm :D

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Congrats akevo on getting the ring made now.

so where did you end up getting it from? Charles Rose?
My plan to visit Charles Rose today is ruined :blackeye:

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I checked that thread out and yes from that and what I have tried on today 0.05 is out

So I went to Charles Rose and tried 0.03 and 0.05 claw set
0.05 overpowers it so its out
0.03 is pretty but still not so sure

and then I went to Paul Bram and the guy showed me 0.04
when I put it next to my e-ring, i think its a PERFECT match!
not too small and yet doesnt overpower
so I have found my size!!! YAYYYYY!!!!
but I wouldnt mind trying on 0.035 if any shop has one

the guy at Paul Bram is really nice. We chatted about e-ring then wedding ring then back to e-ring and he told me that they didnt do shared prong as its too dangerous to wear it everyday.
I looooveee the look of a shared prong (pic1) but I also do not want to worry that a stone may become lose anytime :(
so the safest option is to go with pic2 (claw set) which is what I have been trying on in retail shop so far and its still pretty
aaaaaa... I thought I had my mind made up about the setting and only need to choose the melee sizes
and now is going back and forth

I hope I can make up my mind soon its killing meeeeeee

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Oh mocha yay progress :) I think 4 would look great as ur band is 3mm slightly wider than mine :) the diff between 3.5 & 4 pts would b a strand if hair :) but if u r like me and notice everything then yes go try on so u know for sure lol :)
as I said anton at glen waverley have 3.5pt claw sets.. Y not call the Anton Chaddy to c if they have 3.5pts?
The Paul bram one... Will that scratch ur ering prongs?

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
The ones I tried at Charles Rose and Paul Bram are all claw set like yours.

The 1.8mm height at Paul Bram clash a tiny tiny bit with my e-ring claw but together there was no visible gap which I am happy about.
I am not sure about it scratching my e-ring,I guess I have to wear it for a while to know that.

Yea my attention to details is V V HIGH for stuff and that kinda makes me a perfectionist. Torturing sometimes haha
Is your melee stones SI clarity too?
I hope ID will pick 11 cleanest stones! *cross fingers*
I am just now waiting for Tami to give me a quote for 0.04x11 stones in a shared prong band

thanks Mrs K for bearing with me all this whileeeeee.. *hugs*

akevo

Rough_Rock
mocha2204 said:
Congrats akevo on getting the ring made now.

so where did you end up getting it from? Charles Rose?
My plan to visit Charles Rose today is ruined :blackeye:

Thanks Mocha, I did end u getting from Charles Rose. my partner felt safe going with Charles Rose. But I didn't get a chance to try on the 4 points, i wish i had a chance to try it on most stores i went to only had 3 or 5. :((

Let me know how you go and if you decide to go with 3 or 4 points..

mrs k

Rough_Rock
How much were the paul bram & charles rose ones?
I’m not sure how high my one is but my engagement ring is set high & my rings do sit flush (now that that the eternity band has been lowered!)
Haha I’m a perfectionist too…even now I still think - what if I should have stuck to 3pointers. Silly I am. But I do love my set and only took me a few days to get used to the extra bling!!!
Mine are Si, F-G colour. Let me know what Tami quotes you!
That’s OK happy to chat and give my opinion. I know exactly how crazy this can make you as I went through the same thing a couple of months ago trying to decide what melee size to go for. I did my husbands head in as well as the jeweller!

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
I cant remember the exact price from charles rose and paul bram but they are between 1500-1950 which I suspected as they are retail prices.
Is yours a better deal than this?

I think yours look perfect for each other from photos so you should rest your mind :))
and like you said it will only be a strand of hair difference between 3 and 3.5

I keep wondering that myself when I got my e-ring like should have just stick to lower carat but VS clarity and all that hahaha..
but now I am okay with that.. but still thinking what if I set the stone on a diamond band (like a claw set or a pave setting)
I tried 2 of that different set at Paul Bram and I still agree that It doesnt look as nice on my hand as I hoped them to be.
Fiance completely does not like that look on me. He thinks they look cheap LOL
but yea someday someday when I can get a bigger centre stone like 1.5 - 2 carat then I will consider setting them in a pave diamond setting.
Have you ever thought of changing your setting at all Mrs K?

Akevo, I tried the 4 pointers at Paul bram but I love the claw setting from Charles Rose better as its more delicate.
when will it be ready? you must make a thread about it :)
and how wide is your e-ring centre stone btw if you dont mind sharing.
Im sure CR will do a perfect one for you

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Mine was $1350
Anton had one with the same specs for about $990.

I do luv my set :) makes me like my solitaire more .. Weird.

No I luv my setting - hubby chose well. I love the plain band.. Especially with a claw set or share prong wedder. I feel shoulder diamonds take away from the centre stone. Plus with plain band u have more wedder options :)

akevo

Rough_Rock
Mocha, my ring will be available in 4-6 weeks.
I actually don't have a engagement ring yet.. My partner wants to me to get a eternity ring first as we are planning to do some travelling at the end of the year after the trip we will get an engagement ring.

I tried the eternity ring with a 1.15 engagement ring and I like how it sat with it.

Hopefully CR will make a beautiful ring for me, I am actually really nervous about it!

Mocha, which claw setting did you like from Charles Rose? when I was at CR, there was 2 different settings. 1 sat low with scalloped sides and the other one sat abit higher and the sides had a v/fishtail design.

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Akevo,
I have no doubt that CH will make a beautiful ring for you
I think I tried the one that sat very low and I think the workmanship of that ring is very delicate and doesnt reveal too much metal.

Mrs.K,
Yours is a good price! and you get a beautiful piece! :)

and I got my quote for 0.04x11 stones - $520 + $80 = USD 600
I thought the quote will be somewhere around $440 since the quote for 0.05x11 is 550 and 0.07x11 is 770
so I am a bit disappointed in that.

I am asking BGD and WF for a quote for 0.04x11 and im guessing it will be somewhere like $1200

Which one should I go for? BGD told me that their setting will sit at 1.8mm which is perfect for my e-ring. I cant really go higher than that.

:twirl:

akevo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mocha, I ordered the one that sat very low. I will post pics when I get it :)

do you mind me asking, the quote you got from CR was it for 0.03x11? or for 0.04?

Mrs.K - you got a really good price!

mrs k

Rough_Rock
Thx akevo! How much did u pay & for how many stones? I could have gotten cheaper at antons but didn't like the setting. Is yours similar to mine? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-photos-of-my-claw-set-half-eternity-ring.149539//

I actually wanted a fishtail pave style but couldn't find one.. But then saw this setting and knew it was the one for me :) Is that wat u got!? I would love to see pix :)

mocha that's still a good price! Half wat I paid :) which setting do u like better? I'd rather pay more now to get the exact one u want... You will have it forever :)

how funny we r all from Melbourne and all wanting the same ring!

mocha2204

Shiny_Rock
Hi Akevo,

I saw 0.03x11 and 0.05x11 from Charles Rose and I can remember that they are both cost more than 1500. Sorry cant be more specific than that.
and yes would looooveee to see pics of your ring! cant wait! *excited*

Hi Mrs K,

Yea thats still good price but now I am really considering from BGD cause I believe 100% that it will be a fantastic ring while from ID Im still betting.. if you know what I mean.
aaaaaaaa... cant make up my mind.. so indecisive lol

akevo

Rough_Rock
MrsK, my ring is similiar to yours. I got 15 x 0.03pointers with F, VS1 in handmade setting. The manufacture setting was cheaper. I think my partner got it for around $2500.
Initially we got a quote similar to Mocha, but we wanted more stones and in VS1.

Thinking about it, my ring is abit overpriced...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results