shape
carat
color
clarity

We bring home twin boys on Wed!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
These two 9 week old balls of blue-eyed kitty adorableness are officially ours and will join us at home on Wed! They're some sort of siamese-tabby mix, but we don't know specifics beyond that. (Somebody left them, along with their litter mates, on the porch of a shelter.) At first glance they look nearly identical, but on closer inspection one of them is marbled and more of a seal point while the other is spotted and more of a chocolate point. Both are absolutely sweet darlings who purr the second you touch them or pick them up, though. :D

We're currently brainstorming names, so if anybody has ideas I'd love to hear them! Our first picks right now are Joules and Cal (we're a couple of science geeks...), but I'm not totally convinced yet that either of them is a Cal.
Brother 1 (Shelter dubbed him Colin)

Brother 2 (Shelter dubbed him Cody)

Cody 2.JPG

Cody 1.JPG

Colin 2.JPG

Colin 1.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful boys!!!!!! I love Boy #2's head tilt :)

I love theme names (mine are literary), and since they're twins, I kind of like Monet and Manet ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are adorable! What about Louis and Jonas or something along those lines?! I just don't have many scientist's names at the tip of my tongue at the moment!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So cute!

Might I suggest naming one of them "Louie" for Louis Pasteur to keep with a science theme?

ETA: Just saw DS suggested Louis too! Also, how about Newton, Darwin, Edison, Alfred (Nobel), Ramsay?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Bunsen & Beaker... :bigsmile:

They are soooo cute i just wanna squeeze them!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty said:
Bunsen & Beaker... :bigsmile:

They are soooo cute i just wanna squeeze them!!

Ok that is ridiculously cute.

On the scientists theme...

Joules and Dirac? Or Tycho and Brahe?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bunsen and Beaker -- Ha! :bigsmile:

They're adorable!

As for names, how about Edison and Watson? Actually though, I like Edison and Louis ("Louie") better. Darwin? I can't think of any more science names right now.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
Bunsen and Beaker -- Ha! :bigsmile:

Omg yes! Win!

And they are SO adorable. What sweet little puff balls!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, they're precious! Congrats on the new additions to your family!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
They're adorable-congratulations!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
You already know all my suggestions. :wink2:

Can't wait to see more pics as they get to explore your new home...and you get out the D90... :devil:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: They're gorgeous!!! Congratulations!! :appl: :appl:

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Those kitties are adorable!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, thanks for all the name suggestions! Bunsen and Beaker cracked me up, but hubby vetoed that one. What he loves about Joules and Cal is that since they're "real" first names (by sound, if not spelling), the science theme is somewhat subtle. Every time I suggest other names, hubby falls more in love with these by comparison. I'm trying to remind myself that someday they'll be adults, and I've known many cats who could be a Cal (despite it not being very kittenish). I do LOVE the possible nicknames....

Lo-Cal: Sleepy kitty
high-Cal: Catnip crazed
kiloCal and kiloJoule: Fat cats
MegaJoule: high energy
kilo-, but said killa-Cal/Joule: hunting kitty

Oh, and vc, you KNOW the D90 is going to be in their faces as much as their toys are; I'm under strict orders from my MIL (like I need orders...)!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omgosh...I'm in love :love: !

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
SQEEEEEEEEE!!! They're so cute :love: they're gonna be devils, i cant wait to hear all about them settling in :naughty:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TOO CUTE!!!

Name ideas

Darwin
Einstein
Joules
Watson
Archimedes
Aristotle
Franklin
Galilei
Newton
Sagan
Tesla - though this sounds a bit more feminine

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are soooo stinkin' adorable!!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
ladyciel said:
Hahaha, thanks for all the name suggestions! Bunsen and Beaker cracked me up, but hubby vetoed that one. What he loves about Joules and Cal is that since they're "real" first names (by sound, if not spelling), the science theme is somewhat subtle. Every time I suggest other names, hubby falls more in love with these by comparison. I'm trying to remind myself that someday they'll be adults, and I've known many cats who could be a Cal (despite it not being very kittenish). I do LOVE the possible nicknames....

Lo-Cal: Sleepy kitty
high-Cal: Catnip crazed
kiloCal and kiloJoule: Fat cats
MegaJoule: high energy
kilo-, but said killa-Cal/Joule: hunting kitty

Oh, and vc, you KNOW the D90 is going to be in their faces as much as their toys are; I'm under strict orders from my MIL (like I need orders...)!

I just snorted with laughter. You and your DH are gonna be such good kitteh parents! :appl:

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, everbody!!

They are officially now Joules & Cal, though we're still deciding who is who. There was no swaying hubby, and after saying the names so many times they've really grown on me. I think, from their photos and what we remember from holding them, that Kitty 2 (Cody) will be Joules and Kitty 1 (Colin) will be Cal. Cal looks like he's hunting for something to get into, which makes me think of Cal Lightman on Lie to Me, and Joules is just sitting cute and pretty like, well, a jewel. :naughty: :wink2: Also, from a practical standpoint, Kitty 2's forehead M looks almost like an O, which will make it easier to remember that he's jOules, not Cal. We're worried about mixing up the names on our non-identical kittens; I can't imagine you moms who have to do it with identical newborns!!

I promise tons of pics once these two come home with us! Has anyone had a siamese-tabby mix before? We're wondering just how much of the dependent/talkative siamese personality is going to make it through. Their foster said they would wind themselves around her legs looking for attention, so we may have some people-loving cats on our hands. :appl:

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
So cute, have fun with them! Kittens are so much fun!
I'm happy you adopted them from a shelter :)

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
your new kittens are adorable!!! congratulations on your newest additions-- as a fellow science nerd- I really love the names :bigsmile:

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Soooo cute!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the names, and they are beautiful kittens. May they be wonderful pets for you and your DH and be happy from here on after. :appl:

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

So, while we adopted the kitties on Sunday, the foster group arranged for them to be housed at the pet store until we can pick them up tomorrow (as we're in the middle of moving). We just took a trip to the store to stock up on kitty supplies, and we got to say hello to our boys. I almost cried having to leave them behind for the night! However, they seem to be doing just fine without us. I'm SO glad we adopted the two of them together - they're in a cage with a 3rd, unrelated, kitten, and their brother bond is made super obvious by it. They wanted nothing to do with the 3rd kitty (poor guy), but were having a grand old time playing with each other. I think Cal's favorite toy is Joules' tail, and Joules melted my heart by running to the door to snuggle, lick and play with my fingers every time he had a break from dinner and his brother's antics. While Cal seemed to appreciate attention, he was too busy pouncing on his brother to really do more than give us a brief hello.

I can't wait to bring them home tomorrow!! Oy, if only getting most of the move done first wasn't a prerequisite. :cheeky:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Oh congrats! They are so beautiful and sweet! Who couldve possible left them off?? Well I'm so glad they'll go to a loving home!! Enjoy your new babies and spoil them rotten!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG LC! They're ADORABLE! :love:

We just brought home a new kitten on Thursday. Its been so much fun! Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results