shape
carat
color
clarity

which band with my halo e-ring?

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
I don't want a plain diamond band or a plain metal band. I want something that's slightly unexpected, but still coordinates. I've narrowed it down to these styles.

My ring:
jakoplic_e-ring02.jpg
(For closer pictures, see EternityDiamonds Lauren setting )

Bands I'm considering:
jakoplic_weddingband2.jpg

jakoplic_weddingband1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Abbyful, your engagement ring is beautiful! What sized center stone do you have in there?!!

I have always loved the bezel band that you posted. Is that the WF Danielle band? What sized stones are you thinking?

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you! The center stone is a .61 ct, G, SI1, H&A cushion from GoodOldGold.

I think I found my band! I drug my fiance to the jewelry store to get his opinion on these two bands, and while we were there on a whim I tried on an eternity ring with baguette tsavorites and round diamonds, it's perfect! I never had considered getting colored stones. I emailed ID Jewelry today to see if they'll make it for me. (The brick & mortar store wanted significantly over my budget for it.)
This ring in platinum and tsavorites: http://www.idjewelryonline.com/product_ ... ts_id=2470

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
abbyful, the band that you chose is gorgeous!!!!! i love east/west baguettes/rounds in a bezel setting :love:

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Abby, My ER is very similar to yours! But with a .60ct round! I love the band you decided on and can't wait to see pics of the finished set :))

edited to add that I have a 2mm millgrain band form the facets collection and it looks nice.

facetsband.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I was going to vote for band no. 2 but LOVE the one you chose. It will look beautiful with tsavorites!

--- Laurie

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love the band you chose abby!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tsavs are a relatively soft gem, they might get damaged with daily wear. something to keep in mind.

My vote would be for the plain milgrain band. Angeleyez has that ring and an e-ring like yours, and stacks it with a very thin shared prong band, too, from signed pieces. Divine!

ValentinesJewelryDesign

Rough_Rock
Trade
Honestly, baguette Tsavorites in a band that's being worn every day is not a great idea. I love Tsavorite and have set hundreds of them and don't think they'll wear very well. You have to remember that baguettes are a thinner cut to begin with so you don't have the thickness of material to help absorb impact. Plus, Tsavs in thinner cuts like baguettes and marquise tend to lose their brilliance when they get buildup underneath of the stone. To keep a shinier stone, even when dirty, you need to go with something with a higher refractive index. If I were you, I would consider using Green Sapphire or even Irradiated Green Diamond baguettes. The cost for green sapphire should be less, but it's hard to get the Tsavorite color. However, the refractive index is slightly higher than Tsavorite and it can take everyday wear much better. The Green Diamond would hold up the best and give you the best light refraction and wearability. I wish you all the best!

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
After reading the advice given, I think I will go with something harder like green sapphires.

And I can get a not-everyday-wear tsavorite ring down the road (and then I can get a larger one instead of several small ones)! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results