shape
carat
color
clarity

Twin mamas (or any mom with multiple carseats), help!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need some help, not sure if anyone can assist...

My triplet friend mama is looking for convertible carseats. The way her van is configured, we took a captains chair out and one baby goes in one front passenger seat, and the other two are in the back row. Latch is only available in the MIDDLE and passenger side in the back, making it a tight squeeze. She's looking at the Boulevard and Advocate. The Advocate looks like a monster.

Has anyone put two carseats right next to each other, and if so, is it britax and does it fit? The advocate is 1.5 inches wide than the boulevard, which could be an issue. I'd go over there and measure, but not sure that will be exact enough to help.

Good Lord, the logistics of having three children!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a twin momma and I don't have either of those seats, but I have heard GREAT things about the Sunshine Kids Radian car seat...it's good for extended rear-facing, and it's tall and NARROW so it is possible to have them next to one another. So if your friend is willing to consider other seats, that might be a good one to check out.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sabine...she's counting on me for the research, so I will look into that one! Seems heavy, but the measurements look great. The Advocate is 21 inches wide! :-o

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have Maxi Cosi Priori seats and they fit next to each other in my Jetta Sportwagen.

The Britax seats that my girlfriends with twins have are just too big to fit next to each other, IMO. All of them have them on either side of the car regardless of the latch issue. But I don't know all the different models...

Is she still doing well? Hope everything is good!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks NF, long time no see round these parts.

She's doing well, but life is crazy for her (to be expected). Yes, the Britax do seem wide. Forgot about the Maxi Cosi, as I know you a(and I think it's Curlygirl)love those seats.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yup, TGal, I was just going to recommend the Maxi Cosi Priori. I'm a big fan. They are lightweight, not too huge and very safe, plus they come in nice colors! :cheeky:

I was just thinking about your friend as well. I'm sure life is hectic but I hope she's finding ways to make things a bit more bearable.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
Thanks NF, long time no see round these parts.

She's doing well, but life is crazy for her (to be expected). Yes, the Britax do seem wide. Forgot about the Maxi Cosi, as I know you a(and I think it's Curlygirl)love those seats.

Hehe...I am around sometimes. Mostly reading on my long commute these days (started a "real" job--before I only worked from home as a research assistant for my PhD advisor) and posting is too hard from my phone. But I chime in when I see something really relevant. :bigsmile:

A few of my twin mom friends have the Maxi Cosi seats too and positive reviews all around. Buckle can be hard but so can most seats IMO.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Curly! She's managing phenomenally well considering she has 3 to deal with (with one also being quite sickly). All 3 babies go down at 7:30!!

NF, it's nice to see you around, really! You should update us more on your life. I'm interested!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
All 3 babies go down at 7:30!!

Wow...she is my hero. I have a hard enough time convincing ONE to go down at 7:30, even when he's sleepy! I had been wondering about her, I'm glad she is doing so well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results