shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA versus David Atlas'' cut grading report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alicat

Rough_Rock
Well, i ran my diamond through both the HCA and David Atlas'' cut grader on his website. Here''s how my diamond scored on the HCA:

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.6 - Excellent - within TIC range

But when i entered my info into David''s cut grader, my diamond was graded a "3B", which makes it a "US domestic average cut" and is considered only a fair to good cut according to the chart. what the heck is up with that? which should i go by?

here''s the info i got from david''s website:
Cut: Round
Weight: 1.64 carats
Table % 55 Grade: 1A
Crown Angle 34.91 Grade: 1B
Crown Height % 15.7 Grade: 1A
Pavilion Depth % 62.8 Grade: 4B
Girdle Thickness Medium to Thick Grade: 2B
Total Depth % 62.9 Grade: 1B
Polish / Symmetry Good Grade: 2A * Not a primary determining factor.

Final Grade: 3B

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ah, you have entered an incorrect pavilion depth percentage.
That is probably why the discrepancy occured. Please recheck your data and retry...

There are diamonds that get a high HCA that do not get a good AGA grade, but those diamonds are unusual and not in great demand. They are also not sold as Ideal or even nearly ideal cuts.

Use the correct pav % and you may feel a lot better.

Tim

Rough_Rock
I looked at 2 stone at Birks (Canadian's Tiffany). I swear they were two of the most sparkly stone I have ever seen. I was presented with 2 rings. They both look brilliance the other ring score a AGA 1B and HCA all Exellence. So I it confirm what I saw. However, the 2nd ring data supprise me. Again, they both have the same fire and brilliance.

H,VVS2
Weight: 1.15
6.69*6.73*4.14
Table 60%
Crown 35.2
Pav 43.9
Depth 61.7
Crown Height 13.8
Girdle Medium

Dave's AGA score 2A while the HCA give it a 5.1 Good - Buy if price is your main concern.

Thanks,

Tim

gfy04

Rough_Rock
what is the website for atlas's diamond grader. I want to see another grading system.Please email to [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results