shape
carat
color
clarity

proposals with gifts other than rings?

abbyful

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a bracelet that was my grandmother''s engagement present instead of the traditional engagement ring. I''m just curious how common non-ring proposal gifts are, have you heard of non-ring engagement presents and what were they?

FluroJacket

Rough_Rock
I plan on proposing with a e-ring and matching earings, my OH has a career that dosent realy allow her to wear a large stone on a ring, and has petite fingers on top of that so Im buying matching earings and giving it to her at the same time.

So, not quite what your after, but hope it helps...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK so I wanted to get my BF a present as well to signify our engagement...I had read somewhere that sometimes the girl gets the guy a nice watch or something...but after talking to him he really wants a nice recliner (he has had some back issues) so I plan on getting him a recliner for our engagement! I''ll still be getting a ring though
9.gif
21.gif

FluroJacket what does OH mean?

FluroJacket

Rough_Rock
oops, sorry. OH is Other Half

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Never heard of anyone doing an engagement present, other than a ring. I've heard of wedding presents between spouses.

I'd want a ring. But, a family heirloom bracelet or other item too would be touching.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results