shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal under water -Scuba diving.. romantic or cheesy?

fhuici

Rough_Rock
So I had this idea of getting a few scuba friends to help. One for underwater photography and the others to set up prop. So here's my plan.

I tell her that on Saturday we're going to do a wreck dive and a few of our dive buddies and their buble washing wifes or husbands were also going to go to look and hang out while eveyone is diving.

In preperation I would get an old pirate style chest. Get an nice designer bottle from Pier One or some other places that sell them.

Place a message inside the bottle and them place the bottle inside the chest.

Have my friend go about 1 hour before we leave and drop off the treasure chest at one of our favorite reefs. There's a really cool little cave in one that I though it would be a great place to put the chest. So the chest would only contain a really cool bottle and cork with a message inside.

Not quite sure exactly about what it would say but something "this chest is not filled with gold and silver, but the man who wrote this note already found the treasure of his life" You Michelle". It would have afew other words but the end would be "Would you marrry me"

during our dive, there will be underwater photographer snaping stills and videows. As we're down, the girls that didn't dive and stayed on the boat would be decorating the boat with balloons and several manners like Frank & Michelle get engaged... or things like that.

Once everyone is on board, I would have a few bottles of champaign which I will then get down in one knee and ask her at that point. I will also have the ring there with me too.

Some background information. We are both very advocate scuba divers and we love doing this like nothing other. It's just so beautiful down there.

Anyhow, looking for your feedback and opinions.

Thanks

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty cute...just make sure to have someone overseeing the chest. I'd hate for someone to accidentally intercept it!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
great idea :appl: i love diving too =) another thing you could do would be to have someone spell out will you marry me in the sand with white rocks - though of course you`ld need to collect them afterwards!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a great idea! Unique, thoughtful, and I bet you'll get some amazing pictures out of it too :)

Just make sure whoever has the ring on the boat is extra careful! I'm a worrier so I'd be scared the boat would rock and whoever had the ring would accidentally drop it overboard!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
It's creative. I can't say that I like the idea of proposing underwater, unless scuba diving is her favorite hobby.

How about scuba diving, setting up the chest down there, bringing it back up to the boat.. (while friends decorate boat).. then you propose on the boat? I'd leave out the "some man's treasure" part.. it just sounds too concocted to me. I know you mean it, but I'd just express your feelings naturally, not planned out.

I like the spelling it out underwater (rocks, whatever, if that's possible underwater) than a fake treasure chest.

Congrats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results