shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm Finally Engaged!!!!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was my lucky day and boy was I surprised. Me and my now FI had to wake up earlier than usual to go get the windows on my new car tinted, so we drove to the place separately and oddly I beat him there (clue#1). So after we leave my car, he asks if I want to go get breakfast and of course I agree. He says to look on my phone if I can find anywhere to eat, and when I couldn't, he said he found a great place on his (super quickly, clue #2).

As we are eating at this amazing and adorable little place, he asks how we should spend his last day before he starts working again. I suggest we take our dogs to the park and he says that sounds good. Later, we head over to the park and I see a flower garden I've wanted to visit (we've only lived here for a week), so I suggest we walk over there. My FI says that he wants to go over to the lake first and sit down, and then we'll go to the flowers. At this point, I'm not suspicious at all and I'm just relaxing by the little lake, holding my tired dogs. After a little bit, my FI says that we should go over to the flowers, but I said I didn't think we should since one of our dogs has allergies. He insists, so I shrug and go along (still no idea, I'm so clueless).

As we are walking around the enormous flowers (they're 4-5 ft tall), FI stops and asks if I want a rose (clue #3). I laugh and say that you can't pick those. He ducks down, asks me to be his lookout, and cuts this enormous pink rose off the bunch (I know, we're terrible). That was so romantic and out of character for him, I knew then that something was up and I started to get nervous. I had an inkling, so I walked in front of him a little to let him get ready and when he caught up, I rubbed my knee along his shorts - only to find no ring. Hmmm, maybe I was wrong... But then I look away for a second and he starts saying all these amazingly sweet things and the next thing I know he's on his knee proposing! I'm such a sap that I started crying and after I said yes, I couldn't stop smiling or laughing since I was so surprised.

Thankfully, we were at the park around noon so no one else was there. We were wandering around the flower garden a little bit, but I found out he was waiting for the only other people to leave so it would be private. Apparently, he had the ring with him all day (he got it after I left for the tint place), had already planned where we would breakfast, knew he would propose in the garden (and he knew I would suggest it, he says he used inception :razz:), and booked a car and dinner for us at the best place in denver. I had NO idea, and I thought I would know when he was planning something. It was surprising, romantic, and perfect. He did spectacular. :D

Ring pics to follow of course!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Love my ring!!!

handshot6745645.jpg

arrows4524.jpg

flower1235.jpg

A

Anonymous

Wow it's beautiful!! Congratulations!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O cali, that is so sweet. I had tears in my eyes. I love how the dogs were there with you. Your ring is so pretty too. Yay, ill remove you from the list on friday! YAY :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cali!! :appl:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
So sweet and well thought out.... and GORGEOUS ring :love:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Tammy, Jessie and Too!

That was so good for him, he's not very romantic. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I couldn't even sleep last night, I was still so excited. He said he couldn't sleep the night before, he was too nervous. We're such dorks, haha.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Sounds like a very sweet and thought out proposal :) And that ring......wowza!!!! :love:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah - I love that the Inception worked!!! Congrats! That ring, those arrows! :love:

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, such a fabulous ring. A garden proposal, how romantic, you are one lucky lady.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Man we were right, September is a crazy busy month around here!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I knew it. Congrats!!! You totally brighten up my bday today. :love: amazing ring!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring is GORGEOUS! :love:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love your ring! It's beautiful!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Man, your ring is AMAZING! I love your proposal story, so sweet. Congrats!! :appl:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely proposal story!! So thoughtful and romantic!

And holy moly, that ring is a jaw-dropper. Amazing!!

Congrats! Tell your fiance he done good!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!! so you are happy with your one of a kind IFON? it is beautiful and looks great on your hand!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, CB :appl: such a sweet proposal, and a gorgeous ring :love:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the sweet comments getting excited, sillyberry, rose_dust, callisto, bg, maebelle, mayflowers, grlsbestfrnd, curlysue, slg, and blackpaw! I was a little worried that the diamond would be a little too big, but I'm thinking it fits my big ole hands just right. I'm never taking this baby off, bwahahaha!

I really am so proud of my FI, he "done good" as Curly Sue said.

slg - I'm not really that upset about the Ifon mishap anymore, I just love my ring so much. I'm still planning to go to NY in Dec. to try and get it fixed, but if he refuses I won't be devastated.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
good...because your ring is beautiful!!!

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Cali! I'm so excited for you. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. I love the proposal story.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I saw the first picture, I knew those had to be Leon prongs! Just beautiful!!! Congratulations!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Whoo hoo!!

Congratulations :)

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl:

Lovely proposal story and gorgeous ring!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL ring. Looks fantastic on you, and your story is so sweet :love: :love: :love:

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! :D

You're ring is beautiful and HUGE! :appl:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
Great proposal, your ring is stunning.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Paris, diamondseeker, princessnatalie, diamondbuggy, autumnovember, futurepsyd, supers, and princessplease!

It's so weird trying to get used to wearing a ring on my left hand. I wore it to bed last night, so the little groove on my finger is developing quite nicely.

If anyone knows, do most people wear there rings to bed? My FI says that I should never take it off, so I'm just curious...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't think most people wear theirs to bed...I certainly take mine off before showering/bed

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results