shape
carat
color
clarity

hexagonal halos for princess cut?

ETrillion

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow PS'ers!

My fiance and i got engaged (after 9 years of dating!) the day before Valentine's day earlier this year. he presented me with a beautiful 1.5 carat princess cut center stone with channel set princess band (and also a matching wedding band).the width of the bands on both the e-ring an wedding band are 4mm thick and I find it is to heavy looking for my fingers (sz 4.75). I have very small hands so it looks bigger than it is in reality but i find that i am missing some finger coverage with the center stone that i was hoping to have (too much drooling over other rings on PS, i imagine!). Also, while this ring is simple and classic I find it doesnt give the statement I was hoping to project (i prefer something a little more dramatic and unique).

My idea is to go back to our jewler and trade in the channel set diamonds on both the e-ring and wedding band and get a stand alone setting custom made.

I adore hexagonal halos around princess cuts and was wondering if anyone has any pictures to help with my re-design inspiration? I am also open to the idea of side stones (tapered traps or bullets). I prefer halos with a border of metal surrounding the outside of the halo but any pix of hexagonal halos around princess cut center stones would be wonderful!

Thank you!

26514_1285479809652_1009843902_30757681_2867084_n.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
How about this design. You could possibly use your stones from the wr. 8)

princess halo.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hexagonal is 6 sided, octagonal is 8 sided.

6 sided halo is a little weird for a princess, not undoable but I have not seen one yet.

ETrillion

Rough_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Hexagonal is 6 sided, octagonal is 8 sided.

6 sided halo is a little weird for a princess, not undoable but I have not seen one yet.

Oops! You're right Stone-cold11. I meant octagonal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results